Bevell Sucked Tonight.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Why did we look terrified to run the ball from the very start ?

It's like Bevell tried to out think the Cards, but got tricked into a game plan that went right into their hands.

Seriously, if this is what we're going to get, I'd prefer to see us hammer the ball into the line of scrimmage with Collins and Michael over and over again. At least it wont' keep getting Russ beat up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1glemljo said:
How many times has Russell thrown the fade or seam route on 3rd down with success? I'd say just about as well as anyone in the league.

It's cost us games. It was one of many factors that cost us a win here, and it cost us a couple close games last year when a high-percentage throw could have sealed the game in the fourth quarter against a high-powered offense.

Nobody's arguing we don't have a good thing going. But it could be better. There's a good reason deep fades on 3rd and short are considered a ridiculous habit. They're a double-edged sword.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1x0cyyzu said:
Sgt. Largent":1x0cyyzu said:
How many times has Russell thrown the fade or seam route on 3rd down with success? I'd say just about as well as anyone in the league.

It's cost us games. It was one of many factors that cost us a win here, and it cost us a couple close games last year when a high-percentage throw could have sealed the game in the fourth quarter against a high-powered offense.

Nobody's arguing we don't have a good thing going. But it could be better. There's a good reason deep fades on 3rd and short are considered a ridiculous habit. They're a double-edged sword.

Of course, there is no perfect play.

If Graham doesn't give up on his route right before the end of regulation he could have won the game with the fade route. He gave up cause he thought the CB had over the top help, so he assumed it wasn't going to him.

THAT'S the kind of stuff that pisses me off, far more than playcalling.

morgulon1

Reaction score
brimsalabim":35msycf6 said:
I agree but between the drops early, the holding penalties, and the free runners around the ends what do you call?
No doubt sitting Spiller was an awful move too but still what would you call on 2nd and 20 in the shadow of your own goal line?

You know, I have always held a small hatred and contempt for Bevell. Kind of a "diet hate" as Dr Evil would say if he were a Seahawk fan, but I think he's a Cardinal fan.

But I agree with the above poster, blaming Bevell for the poor execution and penalties and timely drops is short sighted. This is what happens when we trot out scrubs, projects and " never wasseses" against a top 5 defense.
Our salary cap for our oline for the season is about what Russell Wilson makes on one Alaska Airlines commercial.
I am afraid to ask if this could get worse because I think know the answer. If it weren't for a blocked punt, we would've
been shut out and the never been in overtime.

If we didn't have the baddest ass defense on the planet , we lose this game by 24 points!

So..... I think its TOO easy to just say that Bevell sucks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":1nh9meu5 said:
Not going for the end zone with one timeout left and 16 seconds was insane, especially since we were throwing the ball well for the first time all game. He runs Michael up the gut.

Incredible. If an OC can't be gone during the year my hope is for a new offense next year. This was actually the first decent defense we played and we looked horrible, regardless of drops and penalties.

Speaking of penalties, the lack of holding calls on Az. was just incredible.

Actually, I understand this. If you throw the ball, you could get an INT. Then you won't win the game.

A chip shot FG like that is the highest percentage play you can get. Higher than a slant and rub on the goal line, higher than a run, higher than a fade to the corner with Graham.

It's also playing not to lose. Well, we didn't lose.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27o07w8x said:
This offense was garbage all night and never got anything going enough to keep the defense guessing. That's on everyone.

A voice of reason amid a sea of absolute garbage.