Bevell Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2rqjiqnb said:
We aren't saving anything. Our offense is pedestrian, predictable and dull.

No flex, no creativity and no life. It's "I hope our defense wins the game for us and we don't have to get daring to win".

When your QB is struggling to reach 100 yards passing far too often, you have a problem.

Gotta agree with you Greg. This offense has no life and relies to much on marshawn to bail us out with a big run.

strohmin

Reaction score
WE scored 23 points god damn it. We would be jumping for joy had this team not created such high expectations from the end of last year. I think most of you are hoping for those 50 point games and expect blowouts every week at home.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Outfield":hvezy6i4 said:
Maybe we ARE playing conservatively and saving a bunch of stuff for the NFCC and/or SB
Yeah!...er, wait....WUT??
You think that Bevel is maybe saving the best for last?, like maybe NEXT Season?, because his imagination has maybe hit a wall?, like WHAT?
If he is indeed doing that, he needs to f**&*ng GO.
I think that IF Russell Wilson is begging him to let him try something different, so as to get the Offense on track, Bevel isn't doing his job correctly.
Hope Bevel get's that Head Coaching job with the Vikings if he is dragging his ideas around in next weeks bag of tricks, because he's going to get somebody hurt.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
That's the point. It's one thing to execute Pete's will and gameplan, it's another to just cave in, lose any creativity within those bounds, not gameplan correctly to devise even limited plays out of different pre snap looks, and basically telegraph our plays to the NFL and hope our athletes can continue to execute while basically the only source of creativity being shown is a handful of Harvin plays miraculously drawn up in 2 weeks, and Wilson's dwindling ability to compensate because every week we sit on our hands, defenses miraculously get harder.

Funny thing is, last year, DUE TO PLAYER INITIATIVE RATHER THAN OUR BRILLIANT OC'S, we installed the read-option and went on a tear. It's not exactly rocket science to develop fresh formations mid season.

Basically we have no offensive coordinator.

Tical21

Reaction score
Specifics people, specifics. "Bevell sucks because Bevell sucks." We get it.

I have a serious question. Whose fault is it that we can't complete a slant?

I'll have to watch tape, but my preliminary opinion is that Bevell was pretty good and Russell was pretty bad. I like what Bevell is doing off the read-option, adding the screen element. He had a TD to Percy on a screen if Russell gets rid of the ball. That action is also going to lead to a big deep pass. I guess I just really don't know what there is to take issue with. For the most part, it looked like we had some open receivers, and used a fairly creative running game.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I am not some kind of self-proclaimed expert so I am not going to sit here and act like I can pinpoint exactly what's wrong. (I do have my theories like anybody else) But damn, our passing game has slowly gone from great to mediocre to downright terrible. From the o-line to Bevell to Wilson to playing against tough D's to the WR's - we've heard it all. All I know is that the passing game is broken. Not so sure we can go all the way like this, even with HFA. Hope they get it together in the NFCCG.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tical21":26vikz3w said:
I have a serious question, too. Do you really think we wouldn't be better at it if we seriously practiced it regularly during the weeks between games, and ran it more in live games?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tical21":1hq3u1au said:

I'll have to watch tape, but my preliminary opinion is that Bevell was pretty good and Russell was pretty bad. I like what Bevell is doing off the read-option, adding the screen element. He had a TD to Percy on a screen if Russell gets rid of the ball. That action is also going to lead to a big deep pass. I guess I just really don't know what there is to take issue with. For the most part, it looked like we had some open receivers, and used a fairly creative running game.

Russell is looking a lot like Tarvaris these days, he's holding the ball way too long. I don't miss the days of yelling at the TV while Tarvaris stood there thinking about where he was going to throw the ball, but those days are coming back only with a different QB.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Specifically, we have no dump off plays.

When covered down field, rush is coming, there is nowhere to dump the ball (RB or TE)

If the play is designed to not have check downs, or to clear the field for Wilson to run, then why the hell isn't he running?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The Outfield":2d0lizp8 said:
Maybe we ARE playing conservatively and saving a bunch of stuff for the NFCC and/or SB

LMAO. Even I had to ask myself if we were playing conservatively the past month, but it's obvious that we were just playing our game the whole time. It's going to be the same stuff next week.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Tical21":2f8lx05x said:

I think it's Bevels fault that he is incapable of creating space for his receivers. When was the last time you saw him call a combo that didn't require the receiver to make the catch in traffic?

The receivers dropped some passes, but they aren't getting much help.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Marshawn follows M-Rob instead of going wide and getting stuffed by Jenkins, Seattle scores 27 and we're not having this conversation. The same if a couple other things happen. Bevell has his faults, but it's not like Wilson is going to throw his receivers open. Next year, if we have a different OC, it'll be the same thing, because it's Carroll's plan. Not Bevell's.

themunn

Reaction score
MysterMatt":kwlxi3fi said:
I " love" how, when they were near the goal line, the Saints ran it 5 times in a row. In a way, I think that was a direct "ef you" from Payton to Bevell. Very effective.

Bevell is shite inside the 10, and I pray somebody hires him away from us.

they ran it 3 times in a row, and when they went for the 2 pt conversion we had a pass defense on the field, it made sense to audible to a run play. They started from our 2, and when they ran it, they went for -1, 2 and 1 yard for the TD.

When we were in the red zone, we ran on 1st and goal from the 3 for -5 yards. 2nd and goal from the 8. If Bevell runs again there and gets stuffed the same people here would be criticising going for the same thing when it just failed dramatically one play previously. There's a difference running in running it up the gut three times from 3 yards out and doing it from 8 yards out.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Bevell does suck, but there's more to it than simply that. Defenses have adjusted to Wilson's style since last year. Wilson has not yet adjusted to their adjustments I don't think. To me that seems quite obvious. Whether he has not made adjustments is because he is struggling to, or because he is being handcuffed, is up in the air. I think it is a combination of both.

warden

Reaction score
Difficult weather conditions, going against the #4 ranked defense, I thought the Seahawks game plan on offense was a good one. The game was never in question and the last time the offense touched the ball they had a 15 point lead with 2 minute to go. What is there to complain about? Style points? Stats? this is the time where the only thing that matters is Ws. We did that.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I get the "a win is a win & we're in the NFC final" crowd, BUT: the offense just isn't clicking apart from Lynch running his balls off.
Everything appears difficult, 1st downs were almost impossible in the 2nd half. This O needs to figure something out fast.
There's way to much pressure on the D, at some point the O will have to carry its weight. Especially if we're facing Manning
or Brady in the SB. Just my 2 cents

seahawks08

Reaction score
You guys don't get the point. Thus defense needs to be on the field so that we can utilize all the talented players we have. If the defense is sitting on the bench, it is a waste if talent doing nothing. All these stats on being number 1 defense would not be met if the defense did not have the opportunity to stay in the field longer. If you remember Pete saying many times, the team is setup to win even when we go with TJack. Russell doesn't need to make all the throws, we just need to be clutch. Our offense is expected to score only on 5 or 6 plays in a whole game, that's how little an opportunity WRs get in this system. They focus on just being efficient.

Yes to our fans eye all if this is a concern but look at the teams that are still alive. They all play stout defense and not fun to watch offense.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3vm6tqbo said:
Someone on here mentioned Jim Zorn for OC. We've been him at practices. Does he and Pete work well together?

Yes I did recommend it a couple of months ago. It was kinda brushed off.
I dont mind.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

WarHawks

Reaction score
seahawks08":3i89xu3g said:
Yes to our fans eye all if this is a concern but look at the teams that are still alive. They all play stout defense and not fun to watch offense.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Patriots scored something like 43 pts yesterday while also playing good D. What if we get to the SB and our D lets down for a couple possessions and we have to score td's to keep up. Can we? Will we? Or will we just kick field goals? That's the million dollar question.

Status
Not open for further replies.