Bevell Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
What is fair is that (aside from Percy) we're showing the same personnel in the same formations running the same plays. How often can you do that with the handful of formations and routes we run and expect reasonable efficiency against NFL coordinators and defenses when our last 6 games gives them the script for everything besides Wilson's unpredictability?

The deck is getting stacked against the offense before the ball is snapped. The OC should be held accountable for not at least disguising our intentions and preparing our players to do so, regardless if his boss is demanding a conservative game plan or not.

Our defense needs our offense to gather first downs and eat clock time, even if they a decide 16 point lead is enough.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Largent80":1gjel5iv said:
storm74":1gjel5iv said:
So when Bevell wins us a game

Fixed

He DID yesterday.

981.gif

Largent80

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1lyhwpek said:
i understand how the team was built, but it's causing us to become one dimensional.

I would just like to be able to convert on a few more third downs, and I think our poorly designed passing game is hurting that. We can't get away with it like we could earlier in the year against worse defenses. Our poor passing game gives me a great deal of concern going into the NFC championship, that's all.

Great. We might as well just give up. We can't pass anymore.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MLOhawks":9u31yf3i said:
Vikings fans hated him and game after game we see why.

Hated him so much that they're all endorsing him now to become their new HC? Right.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2l7vn343 said:
i understand how the team was built, but it's causing us to become one dimensional.

I would just like to be able to convert on a few more third downs, and I think our poorly designed passing game is hurting that. We can't get away with it like we could earlier in the year against worse defenses. Our poor passing game gives me a great deal of concern going into the NFC championship, that's all.

I count that we excel at four of five possible dimensions.

Rush offense
Rush defense
Pass defense
Special teams

We are four dimensional at least...

MLOhawks

Reaction score
we could be 16-0 with a better coordinator. We are 14-3 in SPITE of Bevell, not because of him. He is terrible.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
And this is why I am reluctant to voice concerns on this site anymore. Rob and Tdot, you have successfully sent me back into lurking.

Largent80

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1fvhzroa said:
And this is why I am reluctant to voice concerns on this site anymore. Rob and Tdot, you have successfully sent me back into lurking.

And you are ok with this?

we could be 16-0 with a better coordinator. We are 14-3 in SPITE of Bevell, not because of him. He is terrible.

hawker84

Reaction score
warden":2uehtcsb said:
Difficult weather conditions, going against the #4 ranked defense, I thought the Seahawks game plan on offense was a good one. The game was never in question and the last time the offense touched the ball they had a 15 point lead with 2 minute to go. What is there to complain about? Style points? Stats? this is the time where the only thing that matters is Ws. We did that.

this, jeezus people we were going against 30mph winds for the second and third quarters, nothing more we could do than run, you saw what happened when Brees tried to throw one deep in the 4th, it just floated up there and should have been picked.

I've made it very clear i'm not a Bevell fan and i too hope he's gone next year, but a lot of our failures on offense all season have been because of a variety of things:

Bad play calling
massive injuries to key positions
bad execution
penalties, penalties, penalties
and to put it franky, very poor play on RW's part

Yes i'd love to see more creativity in the offense, but at this point it is what it is, i pray that Harvins back, because that did seem to open up the offense a bit more. but even he wasn't getting seperation....

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
hawker84":3hme5267 said:
warden":3hme5267 said:
Difficult weather conditions, going against the #4 ranked defense, I thought the Seahawks game plan on offense was a good one. The game was never in question and the last time the offense touched the ball they had a 15 point lead with 2 minute to go. What is there to complain about? Style points? Stats? this is the time where the only thing that matters is Ws. We did that.

this, jeezus people we were going against 30mph winds for the second and third quarters, nothing more we could do than run, you saw what happened when Brees tried to throw one deep in the 4th, it just floated up there and should have been picked.

I've made it very clear i'm not a Bevell fan and i too hope he's gone next year, but a lot of our failures on offense all season have been because of a variety of things:

Bad play calling
massive injuries to key positions
bad execution
penalties, penalties, penalties
and to put it franky, very poor play on RW's part

Yes i'd love to see more creativity in the offense, but at this point it is what it is, i pray that Harvins back, because that did seem to open up the offense a bit more. but even he wasn't getting seperation....

Not to mention Pete's conservative design for he offense and offensive play calling.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Largent80":ghowo7m4 said:
AbsolutNET":ghowo7m4 said:

I am NOT ok with someone saying "I am concerned about this" and you responding with "WELL I GUESS THE SEASON IS OVER, PACK IT UP!"

Honestly, can we have a discussion like adults?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":bul1emuc said:

I don't understand what I said that was even remotely inflammatory. Just pointed out the team's emphasis is on the other four dimensions and we do them all well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bevell had some truly awful calls yesterday.. even the 3rd and 3 pass to Baldwin was a terrible call that only worked because of a ridiculous catch by Doug

I'd be more inclined to buy the conservative play approach because of weather if this team were throwing it better earlier, but the last 5 weeks have been the equivalent of a root canal in the passing game.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3q6ahztl said:
AbsolutNET":3q6ahztl said:

I don't understand what I said that was even remotely inflammatory. Just pointed out the team's emphasis is on the other four dimensions and we do them all well.

You're being deliberately obtuse. You knew well that I was talking about offense. Bevell has nothing to do with special teams or D and I feel silly even explaining that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":27kvolqf said:
Largent80":27kvolqf said:
AbsolutNET":27kvolqf said:

I am NOT ok with someone saying "I am concerned about this" and you responding with "WELL I GUESS THE SEASON IS OVER, PACK IT UP!"

Honestly, can we have a discussion like adults?
Besides Rob, it's still the guy's opinion that we'd be 16-0 with a better o-coordinator. You don't agree, that's your opinion. As for Absolut's post, it's reasonable and also his opinion. I love that you are so very optimistic and always have been and like you I am ecstatic that we are in the NFCCG. But I also have concerns that are the same as Absolut's. You my friend are bordering on telling people how to feel and what their opinion should be. Give your opinion, argue why yours is correct but sarcastic stuff like "pack up the season" isn't who you usually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.