Bevell

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
It took Lynch awhile to get this system as well. He din't do too well his first year. It took him going to Cable and getting to know his system before he got it. He did great after that light went on.

Rawls needs to learn the same thing. If you rush it and try and bullrush every play, bad things will happen. Like getting hurt.

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
And Lynch was part of the plan, a rhythm in the running game that we're looking to get back to. More consistency from the O line will solve that.[/quote]
Lynch is a once in a generation RB that's not a plan that's called getting lucky.[/quote]
A phenomenal player that fit the scheme of our running game to a T. We are now trying to emulate that as close as possible with Rawls and that calls for the O line to be serviceable.[/quote]
Agreed but why no adjustments when it's clear your not gonna get the production? thsts the hall mark of a good OC

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3obvgdal said:
And Lynch was part of the plan, a rhythm in the running game that we're looking to get back to. More consistency from the O line will solve that.
Lynch is a once in a generation RB that's not a plan that's called getting lucky.[/quote]
A phenomenal player that fit the scheme of our running game to a T. We are now trying to emulate that as close as possible with Rawls and that calls for the O line to be serviceable.[/quote]
Agreed but why no adjustments when it's clear your not gonna get the production? thsts the hall mark of a good OC[/quote]
Yeah, and that's why the balance shifted to the passing game and Russ, Doug and Jimmy put up franchise season record numbers.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":3m6fy6qj said:
I'll say it again. Pete cannot fire Bevell or Cable...he is stuck! "He took all their tools away" and cannot now fire them for the crappy results (even though they both deserve it IMO).
He did however say " I really hope he gets it" about Cable and the whiners job... :roll:

Can't or won't?

sondevil89

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2hz7yl3v said:
Seymour":2hz7yl3v said:
I'll say it again. Pete cannot fire Bevell or Cable...he is stuck! "He took all their tools away" and cannot now fire them for the crappy results (even though they both deserve it IMO).
He did however say " I really hope he gets it" about Cable and the whiners job... :roll:

Can't or won't?

A good leader is defined by their ability to make tough decisions. Pete has had no problem letting players go, but when have you ever seen him let an assistant go?

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2fz14th2 said:
hawkfannj":2fz14th2 said:
And Lynch was part of the plan, a rhythm in the running game that we're looking to get back to. More consistency from the O line will solve that.
Lynch is a once in a generation RB that's not a plan that's called getting lucky.
Agreed but why no adjustments when it's clear your not gonna get the production? thsts the hall mark of a good OC[/quote]
Yeah, and that's why the balance shifted to the passing game and Russ, Doug and Jimmy put up franchise season record numbers.[/quote]
franchise season records are not that impressive vs NFL season records givin our history in all honesty. If they were NFL records that would hold some water. Just being honest. Ok so it's not Bevell is it Wilson? Or just the OLine?

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
sondevil89":35kykyac said:
seahawkfreak":35kykyac said:
Seymour":35kykyac said:

Can't or won't?

A good leader is defined by their ability to make tough decisions. Pete has had no problem letting players go, but when have you ever seen him let an assistant go?
None that I can remember. Sometimes letting go is the hardest thing . The accountability thing seems does not apply to coordinators .

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3s5s9igx said:
KitsapGuy":3s5s9igx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/821098911943127042[/tweet]
I've been saying it all along. Pete knows.
No, no, no. Only the biggest egg-heads in Twitterverse know football better than Pete Carroll!

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Well next season and if Seattle offense repeats itself, having five to six games with no offensive touchdowns or just not going anywhere I won't blame Bevell anymore. Nope. Just gonna blame Pete and his unwillingness to fix obvious problems, whether that's Bevell, Cable, or continue to ignore the o-line. It should be his butt to the fire.

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1gqmwigy said:
Well next season and if Seattle offense repeats itself, having five to six games with no offensive touchdowns or just not going anywhere I won't blame Bevell anymore. Nope. Just gonna blame Pete and his unwillingness to fix obvious problems, whether that's Bevell, Cable, or continue to ignore the o-line. It should be his butt to the fire.
At that point I would be forced to agree.

Optimus25

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3bsgtdjl said:
Seahawk_Dan":3bsgtdjl said:
At that point I would be forced to agree.

Definitely. At this point the fact is Bevell didn't get fired after 49. There is zero reason for anyone around here to expect that to then occur after a division title and playoff win. I wanted the change for a long time, but at this point you just have to hope that Bevell fixes the red zone problems and gets the team off to fast starts like Saturday. That fast start was obviously the only thing that could have kept us from getting completely embarrassed, and if you would mix in no penalty on the punt return and just 1 stop by the defense after the half, it really would have been a legitimate game. Had we been able to score TDs in the red zone, Atlanta would have been really pressured to answer. Back to the macro view tho, our first halves of less than 7 points and 125 yards have got to go. Mission number one. Jimmy has to be targeted in the red zone. Period. Mission two.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2tcifbat said:
hawkfannj":2tcifbat said:
KitsapGuy":2tcifbat said:
I'm guessing your a Bevell guy . Everyone has an opinion and maybe Pete is wrong on this . nice shot though
Everybody does have an opinion, but the ascension of this franchise is proof that Pete is spot-on correct. I don't know what you mean by 'nice shot' though.

I am with you, Pete knows what he is doing. The water boy could not have right flavor Gatorade and it would be Bevell's fault with most on here.

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":23r07xm0 said:
Seymour":23r07xm0 said:

Can't or won't?

Cannot! He would destroy his reputation putting together an oline on that pay and experience level so he could use all the money on superstars, then turn around and fire them over the results. He would not find anyone else that is of high or even good credentials to replace them. He is stuck, he knows it, and it's his own doing.

Foghawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1hed5ca2 said:

This ought to be good for a 3 or 4 page thread.

Boycie

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3vc25r1n said:
hawkfannj":3vc25r1n said:
MontanaHawk05":3vc25r1n said:
Bevell just does what Pete wants. You have criticisms with the offense, they probably belong there.
This too is a very weak explanation? Pete is more of a Defense guy we all know that ! Let's talk about the OCs game plans the play calls etc not difection at its best. How bout an honest look and objective view. This is not don't attack my boy thing. I'm trying to start a real convo about why is HE so great or Why is he so bad objectivity. If it's all Pete why have an OC ? Was it Lynch that was our Ascension an historic Defense maybe ?

I don't share your rate of approval for DB, but you are bang on with fixing the O-line. Its pretty hard for a RB to run the ball when the opposing team's D is in our backfield before he gets the ball.

I am not comparing Rawls to Elliot, but would Elliot have the success he has had this year with our O-line?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Even the best coaches are wrong some times. We know Petes achilles heal, he's a stubborn loyal sob, and he isn't gonna be told that Bevells the problem by us. Let's hope he's right, not that we have much choice.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1o5siq19 said:
Lynch is a once in a generation RB that didn't need a conventional OLine .really that's not a plan that's called getting lucky.
So, by that, are we to assume that, as fantastic as Marshawn Lynch was, Shaun Alexander was WAY MORE money and the Seahawks a lot more "LUCKY" when they were anywhere close to the Goal Line.....Hmmm, could it have been that we had a FANTASTIC O-LINE?
Some cohesion on the O-Line would be a good thing, no?
I'm not saying that Daryl Bevell isn't without some faults, but it's not entirely on him, as he's not the Offensive Line guru that Tom Cable is touted to be....The SAME Tom Cable O-Line that Bevell has at his disposal when formulating, and drawing up plays.
As bad as the O-Line was at their blocking assignments, could you imagine Bevell trying to get them into 'Attack Mode'?
A lot of the posters in here are carrying around the notion, that Russell Wilson, & our Running Backs don't really need much more than a "Bare Minimum" production O-Line....And then question what's wrong with RW, and why he seemed to have regressed so much in '2016'......The answers are right in front of them, but it's just a lot easier to lay it all on Daryl Bevell as the culprit, but it is a lazy analysis..........Pete KNOWS.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Foghawk":3oiedph0 said:
KitsapGuy":3oiedph0 said:

This ought to be good for a 3 or 4 page thread.

LOLOL, I did my part :smilingalien:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Another year, another 2nd round embarrassment, another porous offense and how many interviews does our master tactician have lined up?? Anywhere? NFL? College?

I remember reading the CFL was contemplating expanding to Newfoundland or Nova Scotia. I think this would be an ideal landing spot for our beloved offensive leader. With the 70 yard wide fields he could feature the ultimate Bevell Bubble Baths. The lateral passing attack guru could really thrive there.

Wait, what's that you say? Pete says he's not going anywhere? 9-7 and more regression here we come.