Bevell

Foghawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2alzgziz said:
KitsapGuy":2alzgziz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/821098911943127042[/tweet]
I've been saying it all along. Pete knows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Siouxhawk be like.......................

200.gif

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hmmm I'm wondering.... how long would it take the Mods to consolidate all of the Bevell threads? It's like dividing by zero... it would break the internet.

bandiger

Reaction score
I didn't really expect Pete to make changes, they did win the division and get to the playoffs.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":gk7n4s1o said:
Well next season and if Seattle offense repeats itself, having five to six games with no offensive touchdowns or just not going anywhere I won't blame Bevell anymore. Nope. Just gonna blame Pete and his unwillingness to fix obvious problems, whether that's Bevell, Cable, or continue to ignore the o-line. It should be his butt to the fire.

This is what got Tony Dungy fired in Tama Bay. They waited so long to get rid of Dungy team only could win one SuperBowl and only made it to two NFC championship games.

You can make a ton of comparisons to Dungy in Tama and Pete here. Both defensive wizards who were so blind to offensive coaching and concepts it eventually got them fired.

Dungy won a Superbowl with some very good offensive coaches in Jim Caldwell and Tom Moore.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3deiwxlt said:
hawkfannj":3deiwxlt said:
MontanaHawk05":3deiwxlt said:
Bevell just does what Pete wants. You have criticisms with the offense, they probably belong there.
This too is a very weak explanation? Pete is more of a Defense guy we all know that ! Let's talk about the OCs game plans the play calls etc not difection at its best. How bout an honest look and objective view. This is not don't attack my boy thing. I'm trying to start a real convo about why is HE so great or Why is he so bad objectivity. If it's all Pete why have an OC ? Was it Lynch that was our Ascension an historic Defense maybe ?
And Lynch was part of the plan, a rhythm in the running game that we're looking to get back to. More consistency from the O line will solve that.

Defending Bevell by saying he only needs a solid O-line and HoF RB is no defense at all. Anyone could call plays with that firepower.

At best, Bevell has done less with less; at worst he has done less with more.

After a certain point, conviction becomes denial.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2oitpp64 said:
Another year, another 2nd round embarrassment, another porous offense and how many interviews does our master tactician have lined up?? Anywhere? NFL? College?

This, this is all the evidence you need. I guess Bevell is soooo good that people are afraid to hire him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
What I do not like is that there seems to be some resentment growing in the player base directed at our assistant coaches. Given what the players said in the locker room after the loss, I feel a bit concerned. Sherman has also been outspoken at times with the play calling. Grahams body language is a bit disconcerting to me as well, he looks visibly unhappy, and pissed off. Carroll may say there is nothing wrong with the play calling, but I'm beginning to think that the players think other wise.

Moreover Pete Carroll's assessment about the offensive line leaves me a bit troubled. Yes, our offensive line struggled with movement up front, BUT our tackles in particular played awful. That wasn't just struggling with the defensive line moving around personnel. Sometimes defensive players would run around Fant, and company without even being touched.

While Pete Carroll is a great coach, I do think his knowledge on the offensive side of the ball is limited. He is an old school defensive mind from the Monte Kiffen school of thought. I personally think he needs a much stronger offensive mind than Bevell calling the shots on offense at his side guiding him. I really hope that I am wrong here... however the sentiment from the players was not something I was encouraged by after the loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":vcgffquw said:
seahawkfreak":vcgffquw said:
Seymour":vcgffquw said:
I'll say it again. Pete cannot fire Bevell or Cable...he is stuck! "He took all their tools away" and cannot now fire them for the crappy results (even though they both deserve it IMO).
He did however say " I really hope he gets it" about Cable and the whiners job... :roll:

Can't or won't?

Cannot! He would destroy his reputation putting together an oline on that pay and experience level so he could use all the money on superstars, then turn around and fire them over the results. He would not find anyone else that is of high or even good credentials to replace them. He is stuck, he knows it, and it's his own doing.

This would explain his multiple denials today. This type of reasoning is why many businesses fail. Guess we'll just have to see how free agency and the draft goes.

brimsalabim

Reaction score

"I'm excited that our line will make a huge push next year and we'll see more of what took place in the Detroit game or the first drive Saturday."

More likely we will get another season where every player that plays behind the oline gets injured.

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1cl87kn2 said:
This would explain his multiple denials today. This type of reasoning is why many businesses fail. Guess we'll just have to see how free agency and the draft goes.

+1 to this

What happened to the decisive Seahawks?

Need a new offensive style fire Bates after one season.

Need a new QB. Doesn't resign club legend Matt Hasselbeck

Trade for Clipboard Jesus he sucks so they sign Matt Flynn and draft a QB in the 3rd round the next season.

Need a pass rush trade Tapp for Clemmons.

Need to be more explosive on offense. Trade All-Pro center for All-Pro TE

The Patriots and Steelers act the same way they trust their system and will pull the trigger immediately on a coach or player if they feel he will not help the team win. The Seahawks used to be a club of decisive action they are getting stale and the league is starting to figure them out.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
WmHBonney":zwv67cgx said:
"I'm excited that our line will make a huge push next year and we'll see more of what took place in the Detroit game or the first drive Saturday."

What happened after that first drive? Why did Bevell abandon the run so early? It was working so the other team was expecting it right? We need to go back to what got us to two Superbowls. THE RUN GAME. We are the only team in the NFL that would trade for Jimmy Graham and then use him more as a blocker than the matchup nightmare that he is. We win IN SPITE of Bevell, not because of him. There is a reason why he hasn't been hired somewhere else.

I was excited when we traded for Graham but in hindsight I really wish we didnt even bother.

What the hell is the point in having a 10 million against the cap TE when we use him more for his blocking (which he is below average at) instead of his pass catching ability. I thought we were going to flank him out more like in NO but we have him inline almost all the time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Can't wait for Shanahan to get the Niners gig, then the Falcons hire a new OC who is still better than Bevell.

seedhawk

Reaction score
For the most part, I think lots of you are full of crap. Follow the history since PC took over. Canned Bates for whatever reason you wish to choose. Hire Bevell. Draft RW, go to 11-5. Still not over the hump with Bradleys soft zone bull. Hire Quinn, go to tons of press man, pressure from any where and everywhere, take a chance when least expected because, you have defensive talent, so you use it. Go 13-3, win a bowl, go 12-4 lose a bowl. Lose Quinn to Atlanta, promote
Richard, go back to soft zone, bend but don't break, and instead of handing your offense 20+ short fields a year, you wind up only +1 in turnover margin.

BUT, it is all Bevells fault! :stirthepot:

HawkGA

Reaction score
seedhawk":val1kizs said:
For the most part, I think lots of you are full of crap. Follow the history since PC took over. Canned Bates for whatever reason you wish to choose. Hire Bevell. Draft RW, go to 11-5. Still not over the hump with Bradleys soft zone bull. Hire Quinn, go to tons of press man, pressure from any where and everywhere, take a chance when least expected because, you have defensive talent, so you use it. Go 13-3, win a bowl, go 12-4 lose a bowl. Lose Quinn to Atlanta, promote
Richard, go back to soft zone, bend but don't break, and instead of handing your offense 20+ short fields a year, you wind up only +1 in turnover margin.

Are you crediting Pete with the switch from Bradley? Do you think Quinn would have been promoted if Bradley hadn't left?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
seedhawk":10i1tbzi said:

which argument are you making, that Bevell is or isn't a problem cause you just made it sound like unless he is gifted short fields you're not going to get much. The defense soft zone bs is a problem but that your offense relies on your defense to set them up to get points is also a problem. How about our offense shoulder some of the load in creating some offense?

seedhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":1qip0dji said:
seedhawk":1qip0dji said:

Are you crediting Pete with the switch from Bradley? Do you think Quinn would have been promoted if Bradley hadn't left?

Don't know for sure, and don't really care. Remember Quinn as our D-line coach. Left to become DC at Florida. Hired back 2 years later as our DC. Led to 2 bowl appearances, Quinn goes to the Falcs, and our slide to win a wildcard lose the divisional starts. Pick out the common denominator there.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seedhawk":33r2h5h4 said:
HawkGA":33r2h5h4 said:
seedhawk":33r2h5h4 said:

Don't know for sure, and don't really care. Remember Quinn as our D-line coach. Left to become DC at Florida. Hired back 2 years later as our DC. Led to 2 bowl appearances, Quinn goes to the Falcs, and our slide to win a wildcard lose the divisional starts. Pick out the common denominator there.

Earl Thomas?

Sorry...am I not allowed to bring that small factor up? Does that violate the Too Obvious Rule? Or is this just the "fling scapegoats and spittle" thread?

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkGA":1csrohyy said:
seedhawk":1csrohyy said:

+1, "conveniently" left that out to make a "more convincing" point. Also nothing about the $50 million dollar raise that went out to RW, RS, BW and the like that drained the depth bank $$ for the defense.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2ob01nfb said:
seedhawk":2ob01nfb said:

which argument are you making, that Bevell is or isn't a problem cause you just made it sound like unless he is gifted short fields you're not going to get much. The defense soft zone bs is a problem but that your offense relies on your defense to set them up to get points is also a problem. How about our offense shoulder some of the load in creating some offense?

Not to mention the year bevell gets here they draft the ultimate "bevell broken play" quarterback that creates something out of nothing. Why bevell is getting the credit for a quarterback that for years has been the reason our offense moves the chains AFTER the garbage play designed and called by Bevell is beyond me.

The story lies in the details here, and anyone who points to the record as the sole reason bevell is successful is (pardon my french) a total idiot who has a hard time actually paying attention to the cause and effect of the seahawks offense. Go back and rewatch any huge play that keeps the drive alive, or the miraculous things we have done to win games. These things are backyard football plays. 3rd and 15, russ runs around for 15 seconds before he bombs one for a touchdown. Ever ask yourself why he had to run around for his life? Couldn't be because the play drawn up has the route trees of a rec league flag football coach, or a play design based on players not on the roster! I'm guessing this offense is also on Pete's shoulders, so maybe that is why he is so defending of the poor strategy.

Pete has several things he does well-
---create an atmosphere where a team mentality, or a brotherhood if you will, can form
---has a greathandle on defensive stratey and putting the right pieces together to accomplish it

What he is not good at-
---Evolving an offensive strategy based on the talent available
---Able to swallow his pride when something he develops is not working, and jettison to retool.

Had to rant a bit because I am so sick of the Bevell defenders who point to our record as the reason we should keep him without actually looking and the specidic causes of our offensive struggles. Of course cable and a ragtag OL is also to blame, as well as injuries and execution, but injuries happen, and you cant expect all players on a salary capped team to be top teir guys and execute at 100% all the time. Great coaches know this and expect it, so they are able to develop plays and strategies to utilize the top level talent that does have the ability to execute at a high level, while using the guys like kearse as ducks who you only throw to if wide open due to burning the defense repeatedly with other players. You don't have to re-invent the wheel, just watch any team left in the playoffs right now and you will see what I mean. They strategize to magnify opponents weeaknesses and focus on their own strengths. We have regressed each year since the superbowl across the board because we are not doing this. Our trajectory is heading the wrong direction, and some of you are cool with it.

I am not.

These guys make millions of dollars to figure out ways to put a football in a specified patch of grass. Do your job or show them the door.