Bevell

chris98251

Reaction score
First and foremost, do you really expect Pete to throw anyone under the bus let alone announce they are being fired on a radio show?

Even Bates was a quiet firing and it was done with philosophical differences. I think we see more going forward, maybe Cable hires him as Assistant head coach OC, or maybe leaving for more time with his family. Or nothing at all if Cable gets hired and they want to maintain the offensive playbook without changing everything with so many new players on offense.

Would I like him gone? Yes.

But I never expected a announcement on a radio show or interview.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
As Pete succinctly said: "They don't know what they are talking about."
That "they" applies to many of you because you don't know what you are talking about. Bevell's offense has helped the Hawks win nearly 70 percent of their games over the past 5 seasons and that is astounding.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":i0noy0sv said:
That "they" applies to many of you because you don't know what you are talking about. Bevell's offense has helped the Hawks win nearly 70 percent of their games over the past 5 seasons and that is astounding.

I get your very compelling point. Nobody else on the planet could possibly have won more than 70% of those games other than the very highly respected...Darrell Bevell. You win. :roll:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":erqbjhw1 said:
Siouxhawk":erqbjhw1 said:

I get your very compelling point. Nobody else on the planet could possibly have won more than 70% of those games other than the very highly respected...Darrell Bevell. You win. :roll:
It's possible others could, but if it works, why mess with it? And I didn't win, Seahawks fans though can expect many more wins.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ahvn7xxm said:
Seymour":ahvn7xxm said:
Siouxhawk":ahvn7xxm said:

It's possible others could, but if it works, why mess with it? And I didn't win, Seahawks fans though can expect many more wins.

You should try this one exercise. Forget everything you know about Bevell and ask yourself one question. Why is it that every other major position coach in the Pete Carroll era has been promoted or moved on and up other than Bevell and Cable? Common sense should point you in just one direction from there. No, it is not just us. It is every other of the 31 NFL teams as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":snq441o7 said:
Siouxhawk":snq441o7 said:
Seymour":snq441o7 said:
Siouxhawk":snq441o7 said:

You should try this one exercise. Forget everything you know about Bevell and ask yourself one question. Why is it that every other major position coach in the Pete Carroll era has been promoted or moved on and up other than Bevell and Cable? Common sense should point you in just one direction from there. No, it is not just us. It is every other of the 31 NFL teams as well.
Easy exercise. It's simply you projecting your value of success on another.
Did you see today where McDaniels opted to stay in his OC position instead of being the likely head coach of the Niners? After some soul searching, he probably figured it was better for his family, well-being and career to stay with the Pats. He likes it there.
Same with Bev. He obviously enjoys working with Pete, the staff and the players. He's been there every step of the way, helping to lay a foundation of success that is unparalleled in franchise history. He likely takes a huge amount of pride in that and it's validated with every win and the development of the players he works with.

Seymour

Reaction score
Excellent. My work is done here. Question answered.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Bevell's offense is explosive diarrhea, but Bevell's poop doesn't smell. So Pete just rolls with it. It's explosive, man.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3hzp65s3 said:
Yeah McDaniels wanted to stay in NE because it was better for his family. LMFAO.
Read the entire post instead of just selecting one part. It's called context.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3oeals2s said:
seahawkfreak":3oeals2s said:
Yeah McDaniels wanted to stay in NE because it was better for his family. LMFAO.

I do not believe for one minute McDaniels turned down a HC job just to stay in NE, as an OC. Also, I don't remember Bevell being offered a HC job to turn down.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2ylce6jt said:
Siouxhawk":2ylce6jt said:
seahawkfreak":2ylce6jt said:

I do not believe for one minute McDaniels turned down a HC job just to stay in NE, as an OC. Also, I don't remember Bevell being offered a HC job to turn down.
The thing with McDaniels is in the news today. Look it up.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38aq2hod said:
Did you see today where McDaniels opted to stay in his OC position instead of being the likely head coach of the Niners? After some soul searching, he probably figured it was better for his family, well-being and career to stay with the Pats. He likes it there.
Same with Bev. He obviously enjoys working with Pete, the staff and the players. He's been there every step of the way, helping to lay a foundation of success that is unparalleled in franchise history. He likely takes a huge amount of pride in that and it's validated with every win and the development of the players he works with.

Except that McDaniels was widely publicized for being a candidate for the job as is Cable. When it comes to Bevell its the usual crickets chirping. Bevell cant decide to stay in one place if the he was never offered another position to start with.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1szokofs said:
seahawkfreak":1szokofs said:
Siouxhawk":1szokofs said:
seahawkfreak":1szokofs said:

The thing with McDaniels is in the news today. Look it up.

I am fully aware of what McDaniels said and I don't believe that is why he isn't going to SF. It is the politically correct thing to say he is staying in NE for his family. There are no other positions open now and he isn't going to say, " I'm not going to that dumpster fire in Santa Clara"

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":ey29to2w said:
Siouxhawk":ey29to2w said:

Except that McDaniels was widely publicized for being a candidate for the job as is Cable. When it comes to Bevell its the usual crickets chirping. Bevell cant decide to stay in one place if the he was never offered another position to start with.
And neither of us knows what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe he told his agent that he wouldn't be interested in HC offers now. Perhaps he likes where he's at and is preparing himself to step in as Pete's successor when that time comes. Or maybe he just likes being an OC. Tom Moore was like that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2zrmswpc said:
Bevell just does what Pete wants. You have criticisms with the offense, they probably belong there.
Give me one shred of evidence that Pete micro-manages the offense to the point of play calling, or that he even tells Bevell play calls to make. Pete's got a general offensive philosophy from everything I can ever remember reading, and I've never seen that include things like "telegraph your 3rd-down intentions to five-year-olds with empty sets" or "avoid throwing jump balls to arguably the best jump ball-catching player in the NFL at almost all costs." Being the ultimate one to decide whether or not to go for it on 4th-and -1 and things like that does not count as Bevell just doing what Pete wants.

I'd love to see proof that I'm wrong on this one. Seriously.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why would a OC that has a lot of interest go someplace that has fired three coaches in three years has a owner that is combative and knows zilch about running an organization, has no GM and so won't know who is going to be picking his players or if he is going to be involved in the process, a team that had almost every reputable candidate walk away from it last year.

He is going to be on his second stint as a Head Coach, if it doesn't work in San Francisco he may not get another shot, this was the reverse of leaving the company to spend time with the family PC speak.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":kutctp26 said:
nash72":kutctp26 said:
Siouxhawk":kutctp26 said:

And neither of us knows what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe he told his agent that he wouldn't be interested in HC offers now. Perhaps he likes where he's at and is preparing himself to step in as Pete's successor when that time comes. Or maybe he just likes being an OC. Tom Moore was like that.

Why is your excuse always that its some secret or conspiracy with any job offers for Bevell? Coaching applicants are always reported and publicized. Its no great wonder why we never hear Bevells name mentioned.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Don't look at me to defend the Niners. Won't do it.

Money would be the obvious lure, though. He would be set for life. And I think I heard that the new coach there would pick the GM or have a heavy influence in that decision. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

But he did turn down a head coaching gig in the NFL and there's only 32 of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":17m2ed4h said:
Don't look at me to defend the Niners. Won't do it.

Money would be the obvious lure, though. He would be set for life. And I think I heard that the new coach there would pick the GM or have a heavy influence in that decision. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

But he did turn down a head coaching gig in the NFL and there's only 32 of them.

He also has the experience as a Head Coach to know a bad situation, and what works and what doesn't.

Latest posts