Biggest nemesis for Seahawks in the playoffs

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Dallas played well to beat us that day, but there were a couple of plays where if they go the other way, could have been a different story. At 10-0 Hawks and Dallas driving, Maxwell had a 100 yard pick 6 in his hands and dropped it. Even with that offence, I don't know if Dallas rebounds from 17-0. And there was the incrdible catch by Williams on a ball that was meant for Witten (IMO).

We gave up a lot of 3 and long conversions in that game with Dallas receivers and backs catching short passes and running for first downs. I think the way our D is playing now, that doesn't happen.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Not worried about any other team. HFA! This team plays it's best on a national stage. The playoffs are THE national stage.

HawkerD

Reaction score
divide this season into 2 parts. First 6 games throw out the window when analyzing this team. The team that lost to Dallas was not the same team we have been watching the the last 8 to 10 games. It is barely relevant. As long as we can score 17 points and not turn it over more than once we win.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1f5skbhp said:
Dallas will melt down against Detroit. Everyone will be shocked except non-Dallas fans and Joe Buck.

Stafford is 0-16 on the road against teams with a winning record. You should definitely be a little surprised if they pull it off.

Also, after the latest incident, the Lions are likely to be missing Suh for the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Suh will play, they will say it was accidental and dispute it.

Also Dallas playing against that defense is great, physical team not as talented as us but still very physical, it will take it's toll on both teams.

Then one of them will get Green Bay.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The Seahawks are better than any team in the league by a considerable margin. We need 3 wins and I can't care less who we are going to play.

davidonmi

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11dbtefy said:
Dallas will melt down against Detroit. Everyone will be shocked except non-Dallas fans and Joe Buck.
It's entirely possible. Assuming Suh plays Detroit's defense will be able to slow Dallas down some.
It depends on which Stafford shows up next week, if today was any indication it will be a long game for Detroit.
Even though I think Dallas would be the toughest matchup for us, I'll be rooting for them Saturday, I want no part of that lions defensive front, the team who can most exploit our Online in the NFC

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
The only thing standing in the way of this team getting back to the SB is their inconsistent offensive play. If they can execute games like the one in AZ, with the way the defense is playing. Look out.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkerD":3b8qy0h1 said:
divide this season into 2 parts. First 6 games throw out the window when analyzing this team. The team that lost to Dallas was not the same team we have been watching the the last 8 to 10 games. It is barely relevant. As long as we can score 17 points and not turn it over more than once we win.

I think the GB game and Bronco game we were fairly healthy right and we shut down Manning and Rodgers for the most part. Chargers game was just weird...maybe it was the weather or the fact Gates couldnt be stopped.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2al7880r said:
Dallas is overrated...they got lucky in week 6 at the Clink. They won't as lucky the next time...

Ummm...how were they lucky?

Total yards: Dallas 401, Seattle 206

Murray carried the ball a ton and kept up a good ypc average. Romo played a good, efficient game. The team that scored the most unsustainable type of touchdown in this game, a special teams TD, was Seattle, not Dallas. I don't know how someone can chalk that loss up to luck. Honestly we were fairly lucky that we even had a chance late. They smacked us in the face.

I do think we win if we get another shot at them, but any attempt to discredit that prior result is silly.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The Dallas game was in hand until' that 3rd and 21 yard prayer from Romo to Williams. After that play happened, we couldn't stop them.

I want a rematch against them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bill99350":1qv3nbbi said:
Themselves!! If offense plays the way it plays against Rams it doesn't matter who they play
We never play the Rams well for some insane reason so not worried at all about the supposed offensive issues. But like most others I want a rematch with Dallas.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
The only questions is who the refs will favor...Hawks or other.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The LOB would probably love nothing more than to see the Cowboys come back to the Clink. Cowboys beat us pre-Harvin trade.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":dso7w2f1 said:
hawkfan68":dso7w2f1 said:
Dallas is overrated...they got lucky in week 6 at the Clink. They won't as lucky the next time...

Murray carried the ball a ton and kept up a good ypc average. Romo played a good, efficient game. The team that scored the most unsustainable type of touchdown in this game, a special teams TD, was Seattle, not Dallas. I don't know how someone can chalk that loss up to luck. Honestly we were fairly lucky that we even had a chance late. They smacked us in the face.

I do think we win if we get another shot at them, but any attempt to discredit that prior result is silly.

The Seahawks lost Bobby Wagner and had to put in Coyle, UDFA rookie as his replacement. Byron Maxwell also got injured in that game too. The Seahawks were going through the Harvin mess at that time too. If you recall, Harvin decided to take himself out of the game in late in the 4th qtr. To the Cowboys credit, they made the plays in the end to win. No doubt. But the Seahawks still beat themselves that game. Lynch had 10 carries for 61 yards in the first half. They didn't go to him at all in the second half. It was a poor game plan and thus the result was a loss. That loss had more to do with Seahawks biting themselves in the foot than what Dallas was doing to them. The top receiver for Dallas was Terence Williams and he had 2 catches the entire game.

The defense Dallas faced then is much different than the one they will face in January.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":b4dmj4mg said:
MidwestHawker":b4dmj4mg said:
hawkfan68":b4dmj4mg said:

The Seahawks lost Bobby Wagner and had to put in Coyle, UDFA rookie as his replacement. The Seahawks were going through the Harvin mess at that time too. If you recall, Harvin decided to take himself out of the game in late in the 4th qtr. To the Cowboys credit, they made the plays in the end to win. No doubt. But the Seahawks still beat themselves that game. Lynch had 10 carries for 61 yards in the first half. They didn't go to him at all in the second half. It was a poor game plan and thus the result was a loss. That loss had more to do with Seahawks biting themselves in the foot than what Dallas was doing to them. The top receiver for Dallas was Terence Williams and he had 2 catches the entire game.

The defense Dallas faced then is much different than the one they will face in January.

Love the mixed metaphor pictured here.

Our Defense is playing better now, without doubt. But their offense is also clicking better. I'm hoping that if we see them in a couple weeks, the outcome looks like SB48.

Latest posts