Biggest takeaway. Schotty finally adjusted.

McGruff

Reaction score
4th and 1 with the game on the line tells me all I need to know.

I would like to see the snaps evened out a bit more though.

mikeak

Reaction score
My other takeaway was the number of times we overcame 1st and 20

That was awesome to see. Almost as great as seeing us not being at 1st and 20 but instead at 1st and 10.... but one step at a time

sprhawk73

Reaction score
iigakusei":3c6t5x70 said:
MontanaHawk05":3c6t5x70 said:
Every time they do this, they seem to go back to the deep sets in the first drive of the very next game. Wonder if Pete can resist the temptation this time.
That is the part that I will never understand and frustrates me. Why not start that way too? Russ seems to get in a rhythm as well.

Totally agree. I don't think I've ever heard PC owning it about the oline. You'd think it would be written in permanent marker for Tell the truth Tuesday.

We are fortunate that RW is so damn versatile and is a good pocket passer. But he is arguably the best scrambling QB's of all time, trying to keep him in the pocket seems counter productive to using his strength and is reckless with a pourous offensive line. If I picked nicknames I'd go with "Roll out Russ".

Yeah I'm glad they switched to quick out sets in the second half and it worked out in the end. I'm just saying the game wouldn't have been close if Russ was rolling out and we stuck with deep pass plays. Metcalf and Lockett were burning the secondary.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":l2izvtaj said:
jeremiah":l2izvtaj said:
I would like to see them line up in the I formation, with Carson at FB and Penny behind. Why waste time? Throw in Procise once in a while to spell Penny, and let him become the great back he will be. Carson is just not the guy. He has fumblitis, once caught by a player it has a 60% chance of destroying his career. THAT would be an adjustment.

There's already a "bench Carson" thread. Take this s*** there.

When is it proper to become worried about "Fumbles" Carson???

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jeremiah":10pc1bue said:
Hockey Guy":10pc1bue said:
jeremiah":10pc1bue said:
I would like to see them line up in the I formation, with Carson at FB and Penny behind. Why waste time? Throw in Procise once in a while to spell Penny, and let him become the great back he will be. Carson is just not the guy. He has fumblitis, once caught by a player it has a 60% chance of destroying his career. THAT would be an adjustment.

There's already a "bench Carson" thread. Take this s*** there.

When is it proper to become worried about "Fumbles" Carson???

When you're in the thread for it.