Bobby Wagner

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":39qiqykb said:
HawKnPeppa":39qiqykb said:
Loved watch him and Artimus Gordon in The Wild, Wild West. Pappy Boyington in Black Sheep Squadron?

Seriously though, if we are to keep Sherm, Earl and Russ, keeping all of our Lbers will be next to impossible. I'd definitely make him the top priority among those guys.

You are confusing Robert Wagner and Robert Conrad.

You both are confusing them with Will Smith

Tical21

Reaction score
Take a look at the past 20-25 Super Bowl winners, figure out who started for them at MLB, and you're not going to find the most impressive list. The difference between a good player and a great player at the position is not worth 6 million per year, I don't think it is even worth half that. Plug in a third rounder you draft this year for 500k, and notice how you barely lose a thing.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
As far as the total package goes, Wagner's only equal is Bowman. No other ILB/MLB has the same measure of speed, power, tackling ability, block shedding, and pass coverage symmetry as those two do.

Willis and Kuechly come close, but neither are as powerful at the LOS as the other two.

OTOH, if in people's ignorance, Wagner isn't as highly rated universally I don't mind that. He'll cost less.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":la9lwnyt said:
HawKnPeppa":la9lwnyt said:
Loved watch him and Artimus Gordon in The Wild, Wild West. Pappy Boyington in Black Sheep Squadron?

Seriously though, if we are to keep Sherm, Earl and Russ, keeping all of our Lbers will be next to impossible. I'd definitely make him the top priority among those guys.

You are confusing Robert Wagner and Robert Conrad.

Oh, all right. 'Potato, potaato.'

OP
OP
S

Sully250

Reaction score
I am glad most people feel the same way I do about Bobby. I feel like he is a core piece and he is as important to sign as the other big name d guys. PFF had him as the 2nd best MLB in 2012 yet I feel he gets overlooked by other linebackers. I think ppl overlook our linebacker unit because of how much attention the secondary and D line gets even though they are a terrific unit.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think LB is a position where we might just churn through the draft. Would suck to lose Bobby...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
nanomoz":1y9efize said:
He's under-appreciated, for sure. But I'm thinking he's down the priority list a bit, as many of you do. He's become an effective blitzer, so that'll aid his FA value some. I'd say 50/50 he's a Hawk after 2015. It could be a bit like the Tate situation. Someone else could be willing to pay him more, but he'd like the idea of staying a Hawk--but money talks.
I disagree, I think he's higher on the priority list and here's why. mlb is a critical position, finding a sideline to sideline mlb is tough, also I've heard it numerous times that you need TO be strong up the middle of a defense ---mlb, FS, and dt are critical. so I'd imagine they'd do everything in their power to resign him after next year.

Skeeve

Reaction score
Gore's run was more a result of Kam and ET overrunning the play. Sherman to an extent also. KJ was also on that side of the formation where the play went but got washed out. Wagner was blocked well, wasn't undisciplined.

I could be wrong but wasn't KJ out with a broken foot when that run happened? Mike Morgan in his spot?

Wagner will be a priority signings, IMO he shouldn't reach free agency, KJ is young but a bit slow. If you are assignment correct and have speed you have a LB spot pretty much locked up. I've seen KJ behind so many big plays because of his lack of speed.