Bowman on the block..who gets him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2slo5dd2 said:
Hawk_Nation":2slo5dd2 said:
IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.
That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

And wasn't it like five kernels?

SF49r

Reaction score
From what it looked like Ray Ray Armstrong and Brock Coyle outplayed him and Reuben Foster is coming back from injury this week and in his short time of play he made Bowman look like he was running in quicksand. Sad to see him go though fan favorite and a team leader but we are setting ourselves up for the future so it make sense. I think the Packers pick him up.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Coyle was significantly under-rated by fans here. Perhaps it was due to playing next to Bobby and K.J. Perhaps it was his college pedigree. He certainly isn't Bowman in his prime, but he is probably better than this year's Bowman model.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seanhawk":17ns9hd6 said:
RolandDeschain":17ns9hd6 said:
Hawk_Nation":17ns9hd6 said:
IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.
That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

We’re two posts away from it having never happened at all. Well done! :lol:

As for Bow, it really doesn’t matter for the 9ers either way and Baake ridiculously overpaid him on his way out the door so it was going to have to happen eventually, but it still sucks. One of my favorite 9ers memories will probably always be Bowman ending the game with a 95 yard interception return at th last game at Candlestick.

Staley is really the only man standing from that era of the team anymore.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I hope he goes to a this-year type contender. He's a great player nearing the end and it'd be good to see him go out on a high note.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He couldn't beat out former Seahawk backup - Brock Coyle. That tells me that he's probably done. Pass.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Probably my favorite Niner. Never like seeing a player get hurt, but seeing him go down like he did in Seattle still makes me a little more sad than for most opponents. I don't think he ever regained that edge that he had before the injury.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":28xc85iu said:
Hawk_Nation":28xc85iu said:

It looked like a bunch of popcorn that feel from his hand to his mouth.. LOL Bowman is not pissed about that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Keep seeing people talk about Coyle taking his job and that's not entire accurate. Coyle was spelling Bo a bit on a few series, Bo was still the starter. The starter to replace Bo will be Reuben Foster, not Coyle. Starters will be Foster, Armstrong, and Harold. They also have Malcolm Smith on IR for possible role next year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":12eqmgdb said:
Seanhawk":12eqmgdb said:
RolandDeschain":12eqmgdb said:
Hawk_Nation":12eqmgdb said:

As for Bow, it really doesn’t matter for the 9ers either way and Baake ridiculously overpaid him on his way out the door so it was going to have to happen eventually, but it still sucks. One of my favorite 9ers memories will probably always be Bowman ending the game with a 95 yard interception return at th last game at Candlestick.

Staley is really the only man standing from that era of the team anymore.
Well...... reading the other site you post at, some (not saying you) acted like it was the buffet table full of food plus the table itself, when it was some popcorn. Watch the video for clarification.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
i can't see him signing here. Besides the cap problem, he's a 3-4 inside backer.

At present the.team is more likely looking to figure out how to add an experienced OT with little cap available to allow that to happen.

Bowman would be a luxury add in a situation where fitting what he would want to be paid under the cap very tough..

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":wozjzv5o said:
Seanhawk":wozjzv5o said:
RolandDeschain":wozjzv5o said:
Hawk_Nation":wozjzv5o said:

That's because it barely did.

popcorn.gif

toffee

Reaction score
LolaRox":3a8bm8vt said:
kidhawk":3a8bm8vt said:
I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could
I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

Ego, ego of their new head coach. Kyle Shanahan is quickly losing his locker room and wanted to make a statement to his players by cutting Bowman, a veteran leader in 9er's unhappy locker.

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":3rbwfqio said:
LolaRox":3rbwfqio said:
kidhawk":3rbwfqio said:
I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could
I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

Ego, ego of their new head coach. Kyle Shanahan is quickly losing his locker room and wanted to make a statement to his players by cutting Bowman, a veteran leader in 9er's unhappy locker.

Lol. That's funny.

Not even remotely true. They have been trying to trade Bo for some time. He's not close to the same guy he was. Now requested his release. Niners had a trade to team he didn't want to go to and they granted himself m his release when he said so.

Spinning this as ego of Shanahan is ludicrous. Big name players past their prime being let go is a hallmark of a rebuild. Reuben Foster will be the new QB on D. If you watched them play briefly side by side you could see it was inevitable.

And the losing the locker room? Lol. Yeah. Ok. Keep dreaming.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3stllu5u said:
Popeyejones":3stllu5u said:
Seanhawk":3stllu5u said:
RolandDeschain":3stllu5u said:

That's because it barely did.

popcorn.gif
Proves mine and others point.

Sad to watch a warrior like Bowman get carted off like that however. One of the few Niner players on that team I respected at the time.

In his prime he was a baller!

Horriible call by the officiating crew on that play as well, though Lynch fumbled a play or 2 later so it didn't effect the score.

Threedee

Reaction score
Marvin49":28s9416p said:
Keep seeing people talk about Coyle taking his job and that's not entire accurate. Coyle was spelling Bo a bit on a few series, Bo was still the starter. The starter to replace Bo will be Reuben Foster, not Coyle. Starters will be Foster, Armstrong, and Harold. They also have Malcolm Smith on IR for possible role next year.

Coyle is about as good of a back-up MLB as a team could ask for. On teams with losy defenses, he'd even be an upgrade at the position for starter.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I don't even know of a good fit for him. Kansas City? Pittsburgh? Tennessee?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
hawkfan68":i3aw793z said:
He couldn't beat out former Seahawk backup - Brock Coyle. That tells me that he's probably done. Pass.
The notion that Coyle "beat him out" is nonsense. Coyle played 33% of the snaps against the Colts. Bowman played 76%.

What was really going on is Bowman was throwing a tantrum because he was getting pulled out at all. He actually was getting more snaps than any other linebacker. The issue was that the coaching staff wanted him rested and fresh for the duration of the season, so they limited him to a reasonable amount of snaps, and they wanted to see what the younger guys had. He took umbrage at the notion that he needed rest to stay effective- and he probably saw the writing on the wall with Foster next season likely taking his position.

In any event, when it was all said and done, Bowman said he would simply accept it and shut up if a suitable trade could not be found, but Lynch and Shanahan, especially Lynch, felt it had gone too far, and that him staying would only make him simmer inside (potentially hurting the locker room). Bowman didn't like any of the trades that were available, and Lynch and Shanahan, out of respect for Bowman, granted his release instead so he could choose where he was to go (as opposed to being traded to the Browns or Bears, or some shithole like that).

So that is what actually happened. No, Bowman was not beat out by anyone (except Reuben Foster, who would have stolen his reps anyway when he got back from injury).

Status
Not open for further replies.