Bowman on the block..who gets him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
bigskydoc":7cfw2bds said:
Coyle was significantly under-rated by fans here. Perhaps it was due to playing next to Bobby and K.J. Perhaps it was his college pedigree. He certainly isn't Bowman in his prime, but he is probably better than this year's Bowman model.
Last game Coyle played 33% of the snaps. Bo played 76% of them. So no. This narrative that Coyle was outplaying Bo and stealing his job is dumb. What was happening is that REUBEN FOSTER was about to permanently steal Bo's job, even if he just played beside him for THIS season, his natural fit is MLB and Bo's demise to Foster was only a matter of time. In the meantime, Bo was being limited to roughly three fourths of the snaps on defense (STILL MORE THAN ANY OTHER LINEBACKER ON THE TEAM), which he felt was an insult.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
LolaRox":1t4xct7h said:
kidhawk":1t4xct7h said:
I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could
I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

(1) They have Reuben Foster and Malcolm Smith. In 2018, those two would have been the starters no matter what (and based on pre-injury information, those two probably would have been the starters by the end of 2017, if not sooner, had Smith not gone down. By all accounts, Malcolm Smith was on fire in camp).

(2) When a player getting 75% or more of the defensive snaps is complaining about playing time, is that really something you want to rebuild a franchise on?

(3) When Reuben Foster returned, Bowman's 75% snap count would likely drop further, and if he's already mad about 75%, what is he going to do at 60%? 50%?

(4) Bowman's future contract years far outpace is performance.

(5) Lynch, based on his own experience with a similar situation, felt that once a player gets to this point there is no going back and mending it. Coming to work every day angry will infect the locker room no matter how hard you try to keep it internally, like Bowman no doubt would have. He reportedly agreed even to shut his mouth about it if a good trade wasn't found, but Lynch at that point had decided to nip it in the bud, both for Bowman's sake and for the team's sake.

So there you have it.

Marvin49":1t4xct7h said:
toffee":1t4xct7h said:
LolaRox":1t4xct7h said:
kidhawk":1t4xct7h said:
I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could
I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

Ego, ego of their new head coach. Kyle Shanahan is quickly losing his locker room and wanted to make a statement to his players by cutting Bowman, a veteran leader in 9er's unhappy locker.

Lol. That's funny.

Not even remotely true. They have been trying to trade Bo for some time. He's not close to the same guy he was. Now requested his release. Niners had a trade to team he didn't want to go to and they granted himself m his release when he said so.

Spinning this as ego of Shanahan is ludicrous. Big name players past their prime being let go is a hallmark of a rebuild. Reuben Foster will be the new QB on D. If you watched them play briefly side by side you could see it was inevitable.

And the losing the locker room? Lol. Yeah. Ok. Keep dreaming.

You would have to call Lynch and Shanahan straight up liars to say that. Did you watch their recent conference? They said they were the only two with power to shop players, and that as of this week that was the ONLY time they shopped him.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks had to part with Lofa too. This happens to players like Bowman. Painful as it is for some fans teams need to move on at some point.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1hswgkhg said:
RolandDeschain":1hswgkhg said:
Hawk_Nation":1hswgkhg said:
IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.
That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

And wasn't it like five kernels?
A fair amount more than that IIRC; you can easily hold like 10-15 in a handful? Maybe 20? IDK.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1xksuf4h said:
Seanhawk":1xksuf4h said:
RolandDeschain":1xksuf4h said:
Hawk_Nation":1xksuf4h said:
IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.
That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

And wasn't it like five kernels?
A fair amount more than that IIRC; you can easily hold like 10-15 in a handful? Maybe 20? IDK.
But knowing how fat Seattle people are, it was probably only the dregs remaining in the bag, so it was unlikely to be more than a few. ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2hlsl8zj said:
Sports Hernia":2hlsl8zj said:
Seanhawk":2hlsl8zj said:
Popeyejones":2hlsl8zj said:
We’re two posts away from it having never happened at all. Well done! :lol:

That's because it barely did.

I want to say there was another angle of this, fans were jumping up and down celebrating and the popcorn was knocked out of someone's hand.

We have our winner!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Le me make this easier on you guys:

Bowman was getting carted off and someone who was a Seahawks fan acted like a big POS.

That's it. That's all. You can stop circling the wagons.

Remember that 9ers fan who punched the other dude in the bathroom? The one who people here used to argue that 9ers fans writ-large were miscreants and thugs (and other dog whistles)? That guy was a HUGE POS.

Or how about the Chiefs fan yelling a racial slur at Pryor, or the Steelers fan using the same racial slur directed at Tomlin. Those two people are huge Pieces of S too.

What about that Eagles fan who threw a battery at Kordell Stewart? Guess what: Huge POS.

If you assemble 80K people there are gonna be some major Pieces of S among them. It doesn't matter the fanbase.

Being SO tribal that you twist yourself into knots when some random person who happens to root for the same team as you acts like a POS only reflects poorly on you.

Tenor

ivotuk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":h5k6pnfr said:
FlyHawksFly":h5k6pnfr said:
Sports Hernia":h5k6pnfr said:
Seanhawk":h5k6pnfr said:

I want to say there was another angle of this, fans were jumping up and down celebrating and the popcorn was knocked out of someone's hand.

We have our winner!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Le me make this easier on you guys:

Bowman was getting carted off and someone who was a Seahawks fan acted like a big POS.

That's it. That's all. You can stop circling the wagons.

Remember that 9ers fan who punched the other dude in the bathroom? The one who people here used to argue that 9ers fans writ-large were miscreants and thugs (and other dog whistles)? That guy was a HUGE POS.

Or how about the Chiefs fan yelling a racial slur at Pryor, or the Steelers fan using the same racial slur directed at Tomlin. Those two people are huge Pieces of S too.

What about that Eagles fan who threw a battery at Kordell Stewart? Guess what: Huge POS.

If you assemble 80K people there are gonna be some major Pieces of S among them. It doesn't matter the fanbase.

Being SO tribal that you twist yourself into knots when some random person who happens to root for the same team as you acts like a POS only reflects poorly on you.

Tenor

Excellent post.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just heard he's signed a one-year deal with the Raiders

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/920020569604743168[/tweet]

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":10fp8wo1 said:
There is this too lol
[youtube]fWz9YZZS7qs[/youtube]

That was a pretty lame attempt, the only thing he tore with any success at the Clink was his ACL.

Chapow

Reaction score
Popeyejones":gsfjqg8o said:

So, clarifying what actually happened equals twisting yourself into knots?

That incident was drastically over exaggerated by a lot of people who then used that drastic over exaggeration to disparage and attack basically the entire PNW and the entire Seahawks fan base. I'm sure you remember that, but if not you can go look at the comments section of any article or video regarding this incident to refresh your memory. So I'm sorry, but you'll have to excuse those of us that are a little defensive and want to make sure that people know what actually happened. That looked like a handful of popcorn at most, out of which maybe a half dozen kernels actually hit him. And yes, the person that threw that handful of popcorn is a POS, obviously.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":2m4pj4rm said:
Popeyejones":2m4pj4rm said:

That incident was drastically over exaggerated by a lot of people who then used that drastic over exaggeration to disparage and attack basically the entire PNW and the entire Seahawks fan base. I'm sure you remember that, but if not you can go look at the comments section of any article or video regarding this incident to refresh your memory. So I'm sorry, but you'll have to excuse those of us that are a little defensive and want to make sure that people know what actually happened. That looked like a handful of popcorn at most, out of which maybe a half dozen kernels actually hit him. And yes, the person that threw that handful of popcorn is a POS, obviously.
BINGO!
Don't feed the troll, attention is what he craves.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2z1xa47e said:
Sports Hernia":2z1xa47e said:
Seanhawk":2z1xa47e said:
Popeyejones":2z1xa47e said:
We’re two posts away from it having never happened at all. Well done! :lol:

popcorn.gif
Proves mine and others point.

Sad to watch a warrior like Bowman get carted off like that however. One of the few Niner players on that team I respected at the time.

In his prime he was a baller!

Horriible call by the officiating crew on that play as well, though Lynch fumbled a play or 2 later so it didn't effect the score.

Er, celebrating when someone is being driven on the injury cart is probably worse than throwing pop corn at them.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Chapow":18mku4e3 said:
Popeyejones":18mku4e3 said:

In just several posts it went from a "handful of fans" to some mythic zapruder film of one guy accidentally getting bumped and no more than five kernels spilling down.

We are in absolute agreement that it was just some random POS acting like a jerk, which was my point.

We are in disagreement that some nameless dullard on some random messageboard five years ago over-exaggerating what it was serves as a lifelong hall pass from just acknowledging that the guy who did it was a jerk and moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.