Boy Andrew Luck sure is overrated

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is good, no question. He's an NFL QB who will play a long time. But he's not a modern great. He's not going to lead his team to a Super Bowl, but then again, very few players do.

They need a defense so bad. That offense, even with the pedestrian running game is relatively efficient and with Luck as a run threat they are hard to cover.

Luck makes bad decisions. He's reminds of a bit less talented Favre.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dan Fouts had ungodly stats, had a great grup of players on offense several times, yet he too had issues with a defense that wasn't good enough. What Luck has he didn't is he is still the best team in his division, Fouts had Raider, Broncos, Chiefs and Seahawks in his when they were all top teams at one point or another during his career.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Professor John Clayton summarized it this week end. Here is what he wrote in the exact same article.

"Orton wasn't pretty. He completed 30 of 43 passes for 308 yards..."

"Andrew Luck was great. He was 32-of-49 for 312 yards and a touchdown..."

Source:

Here are Andrew Luck stats on Sunday: A. Luck (IND) - 312 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT
Orton stats on Sunday: K. Orton (BUF) - 308 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT

Orton practiced for 1 week with his team. Luck has been playing for 3 years with the Colts.
Bottom Line: ESPN and the media trying way too hard to push Luck down everyone's throat.

Smellyman

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2zj6a05q said:
Professor John Clayton summarized it this week end. Here is what he wrote in the exact same article.

Source:

Orton practiced for 1 week with his team. Luck has been playing for 3 years with the Colts.
Bottom Line: ESPN and the media trying way too hard to push Luck down everyone's throat.

that is pretty funny, but as we know we can never just look at stats and say pretty equal. Orton was iffy in the game and Luck did look better.

However, the point is true. People will look at Orton and say he must've played well and he did win. Then they look at RW and say he didn't play too well even though he dominated and was the best player on the field.

Andrew Luck is dink and dunk master..... :)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3gq1h17s said:

Source:

HAHA that is hilarious, and I wouldnt expect anything less. Luck should of had about 4INT that game too

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Anyone watch first take today...I just had to laugh when Skip said this....obv he was being sarcastic

"In fact I was thinking about it this morning and I think that Luck is so good so soon we just should waive the rules and tonight at halftime we should have a special ceremony and induct him into the hall of fame allready. Because hes going to the hall of fame right? I mean thats all I get told everyday, hes a lock first ballot HOF. Why dont we just put him in tonight at halftime and its on national tv, id watch"

HawkWow

Reaction score
I can't believe he only has 2 TDs in the 1st quarter (essentially), on the road vs. that over-rated JJ Watt and company.

Luck = neck beard

Neck beard = bust.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They can't even get to Luck by blitzing, and they have friggin' J.J. Watt. Pathetic.

Also, if you think this damn game is an example of Luck's greatness, you don't know football.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2u89gyxq said:
They can't even get to Luck by blitzing, and they have friggin' J.J. Watt. Pathetic.

Also, if you think this damn game is an example of Luck's greatness, you don't know football.

Indy's pass pro is so much better. It makes me sad in the pants.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":2a7x79te said:
RolandDeschain":2a7x79te said:

Indy's pass pro is so much better. It makes me sad in the pants.
Exactly. Imagine a recording of a sped-up wilting flower.

Also, Luck with another should-have-been-intercepted. Jesus Christ he is, no pun intended, friggin' lucky. What's that, the 4th tip ALREADY that hasn't been picked tonight?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
And of course a tipped ball high in the air gets caught by a Colt.

Irsay must be feeding an elevator of hookers and blow straight to heaven for this crap nearly every week.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Pretty sure by rule Hawks fans aren't allowed to cry about tipped balls like forever.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Weadoption":3cta8yhx said:
Pretty sure by rule Hawks fans aren't allowed to cry about tipped balls like forever.
I never cry about tipped passes. My favorite play of all time was a tipped pass.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":3482yvrb said:
Luck is over-rated. Most people think he's better than Wilson and/or the best QB of his generation. To anyone with an ounce of common sense he's clearly not, but at the same time, he's very talented and might be the only QB in the NFL who can fit seamlessly into ANY offense. Andrew Luck is good. Andrew Luck is over-rated. It's possible to be both good and over-rated at the same time. Most things that are over-rated tend to be good things.

By your logic - do you think Russell Wilson is overrated?

Honest question.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, those two passes that Houston defenders got TWO hands on but couldn't haul in, that's pure skill on Luck's part that 9 times out of 10 they'd have been ints, plus like three more damn tipped balls that fortunately weren't picked.

#skill

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2e58w7id said:
370 and 3. God. He's such a bum.

Quoting the stats eh? Did you actually watch the game?

I like Andrew Luck, I really do, and I've said it before on here plenty. The Colts crappy run game makes him fun to watch, BUT, I have NEVER seen a player throw so many interceptions that get dropped, must be in the name. Not only did he throw at least two should be interceptions into the hands of Texans players last night (that's aside from the multiple high tipped throws that landed safe), but that long bomb to TY Hilton would have probably been picked off if the safety didn't slip.

Yet these passes will be brushed aside in articles that claim it was a great performance. Ryan Fitzpatrick arguably had the better quarterback performance, he just chose to have his dumb fumble moment when the game was really on the line.

I'm not saying Luck's performance wasn't good, but can't we call it that instead of crowning it great when Nick Foles puts that sort of performance up every other week and gets far lesser treatment. Can we just accept that Luck isn't 'great' all the time, Instead of force feeding the self fulfilling prophecy? He can be great, he put up one of the best performances I've seen against us in recent seasons, but you'd think he does it week in week out.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
My problem is less with Luck than it is with the national media's fixation on him. The Aura of invincibility being crafted for this young man is unprecedented, and (I think) is a product of an industry desperately trying to find replacements for the current stalwart figureheads who are soon to depart the game. The league believes that it needs a future Primary antagonist and protagonist. It was originally ordained to be RG3 and Luck, but then along came Wilson and upset the natural order. They are all going to be greats for the foreseeable future, but for the moment, in the categories that really count (Wins, Playoff Record, Championships, grooming 8) ) Wilson is ahead of his constituents by a decent amount.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":u8pnsgep said:
Hasselbeck":u8pnsgep said:
370 and 3. God. He's such a bum.

Quoting the stats eh? Did you actually watch the game?
206 and 2. God. Wilson was such a bum in the Super Bowl.

Didn't you know that stats are everything? Come on, Somerset. Get with the times.