Boykin Arrested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I'm sticking by my theory that this is a nothing burger. Two ounces of weed is A LOT, so it was likely in the car (not on Boykin's person). It looks like the car belonged to the girl, who reversed into the bar and pedestrians. I think it's unlikely he will be charged with anything serious if they can't prove the marijuana was his. We don't know yet if he knew about the weed, if he knew she was drunk, or even the extent of their relationship.

But for fringe-NFL players, especially undrafted ones, any minor distraction can lead to early dismissal.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Isnt he still on probation? Wouldnt this most likely be a violation of his probabtion even if he wasnt technically in posession of the weed?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1tpeydrn said:
Isnt he still on probation? Wouldnt this most likely be a violation of his probabtion even if he wasnt technically in posession of the weed?

Probably not, unless he is convicted of public intoxication. I don't think he was prohibited from drinking or limited to a curfew as a condition of his probation. He had to attend classes, but it's rare for a first-time offender to have their rights restricted in such a way. Curfews directed at adults are subject to strict judicial scrutiny and are only reserved for an extremely serious case or a state of emergency.

Needless to say, he should have taken a cab.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":343qt6pk said:
Hawk_Nation":343qt6pk said:
Siouxhawk":343qt6pk said:
Seafan":343qt6pk said:
Sign T-Jack! :stirthepot:

HE. WILL. NEVER. PLAY. IN. THE. NFL. AGAIN!
Why do you say that? Your caps key is stuck, by the way.

My caps key will be stuck as long as you keep drumming the TJack drum. Drop it man, hes done.
At least bring him to camp on a non-guaranteed deal and let him compete for the job. That doesn't hurt anything, does it?

And I was just seconding Seafan's wise suggestion.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3iq8f09w said:
This is a blessing in disguise. Sign Kaep. Better QB, better fit to be Russell's backup.
If RW were to announce his retirement today, and Boykin gets life in prison, not even then would we ever want to sign Kaep, even if it means losing every game this year..

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":22hmdt23 said:
Siouxhawk":22hmdt23 said:
At least bring him to camp on a non-guaranteed deal and let him compete for the job. That doesn't hurt anything, does it?

Maybe he can carry his Ruger SR9c and a clipboard for when Sherman goes after Bevell again. TJack can protect and serve his Hawk nation and keep Bevell alive during 1 yard TD passes.
I don't think Sherm will be going after anyone again, save for opposing receivers and backs.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I forgot that in the US you were guilty of a crime simply by being near someone who did something wrong.

Got to keep that prison industry going somehow I guess.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1fnxo6zz said:
He's not wearing a jacket in the photos. And how is TWO ounces not a lot? You must be a real serious partaker, LOL. I haven't partaken since college, but I never had more than an ounce at a time. And even one ounce never would have fit in a pocket.

2 oz of weed is a lot to carry around, and especially on a Sunday evening at a bar. Even a major serious smoker that is better than 2 weeks supply that he is carrying around. You sure as heck don't need that much or anything close for the evenings supply.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1s1nyc08 said:
I forgot that in the US you were guilty of a crime simply by being near someone who did something wrong.

:stirthepot: :snack: :drool: :irishdrinkers:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1becrpp2 said:
UK_Seahawk":1becrpp2 said:

:stirthepot: :snack: :drool: :irishdrinkers:

Yeah I'm guessing it wont be long before that gets pulled. Just annoyed at the usual knee jerk reactions on here.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/846391303017414657[/tweet]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This thread epitomizes .Net

keep the posts to the topic at hand, folks. Please

pmedic920

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

We have a hot topic here, let's stay on it please. It's still early in the day, by this evening this tread will blow up.
If y'all want to talk a bunch of Smack to each other, we have a place, head on over there.

Thanks

Chapow

Reaction score
He wasn't driving so there's no way he can be charged with DUI. There's also no way he can be held responsible for any of the people that were injured or any damaged caused.

That leaves the weed as the only issue and as has already been said, if it wasn't on his person, they are some how going to have to prove it was his. That's probably going to be hard to do especially if it wasn't his car and he keeps his mouth shut.

Yes, this certainly sounds bad, but based on the little information we have from that article, IMO it seems quite possible that he comes out of this Scott free. At least as far as the legal issues are concerned.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope this serves as a wake up call to Boykin. Is a night out drinking and smoking weed worth risking your career? I hope not, but that's up to him.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chapow":2ursnjwz said:
He wasn't driving so there's no way he can be charged with DUI. There's also no way he can be held responsible for any of the people that were injured or any damaged caused.

That leaves the weed as the only issue and as has already been said, if it wasn't on his person, they are some how going to have to prove it was his. That's probably going to be hard to do especially if it wasn't his car and he keeps his mouth shut.

Yes, this certainly sounds bad, but based on the little information we have from that article, IMO it seems quite possible that he comes out of this Scott free. At least as far as the legal issues are concerned.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope this serves as a wake up call to Boykin. Is a night out drinking and smoking weed worth risking your career? I hope not, but that's up to him.

You missed something. In Texas public intoxication is a crime, it's a minor one but one just the same. The way I'm reading the story, he was charged with PI as well as the possession.
It's very common here, for them to charge all occupants with the possession if nobody will claim/fess up. I have no idea how those cases pan out though.
I'm still holding some hope that this all cleans up well as more details appear.
Hopefully the weed was in the car and not on his person.

Jville

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":26lmowya said:

Good question ....... the answer reads like he is still under a one year probation.
Boykin in 2015 was suspended before TCU's Alamo Bowl game after his arrest following a bar fight. Boykin last June pleaded no contest to resisting arrest. He received a year's probation.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/entertain ... rylink=cpy

Boykin's parole officer will have some questions.

Seymour

Reaction score
It's pretty simple. If the car is registered in his name, then the weed is his responsibility being in his car. If not, then under his seat may be enough, or being part of a toxic crime scene he can be searched.

Chapow

Reaction score
pmedic920":2pfnsg7e said:
Chapow":2pfnsg7e said:

You missed something. In Texas public intoxication is a crime, it's a minor one but one just the same. The way I'm reading the story, he was charged with PI as well as the possession.
It's very common here, for them to charge all occupants with the possession if nobody will claim/fess up. I have no idea how those cases pan out though.
I'm still holding some hope that this all cleans up well as more details appear.
Hopefully the weed was in the car and not on his person.

Yeah, I forgot about the PI. That's just such a load of bull though. It's one thing if a person is creating a disturbance, but just being over the legal limit (wait, what's the legal limit if you're not driving?) and being a passenger in a car being a crime is ridiculous. But I get that that's how police roll, charge someone with anything and everything possible and let the lawyers/courts sort it out. So messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.