Jville":2506qrml said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/846475064153333760[/tweet]

Sounds like he doesn't quite have his life in order, such a shame. :Dunno:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jville":10elunda said:
hawknation2017":10elunda said:
Jville":10elunda said:
Well ..... at the very least Boykin has likely violated the terms of his probation. So ..... he has a probation officer to answer to along with a sentencing judge to answer to. His previous offense is in jeopardy of not being expunged and will likely become a part of his permanent criminal record. With this latest offense, there is an argument for an emerging pattern of drug and alcohol abuse. Given that it took 6 months the last time around for a legal disposition, the Seahawks have little choice but to move on in search for a plan B backup.

Nah, you're really jumping the gun. We don't know enough yet to jump to that conclusion.

It is what it is. Links and history are available to everyone for review. I have no need to seek false comfort thru some exercise in denial. But if you need some time to deal with it in your own way, that's fine by me.

Yeah the violation of his probation is probably going to be the big issue. He avoided a year of jail time in his first instance. His probation was for a year and it started June 30, 2016. Trevone Boykin pleads no contest to resisting arrest

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Put a fork in him. TB is done.

If we can ink Kaapernick for a reasonable figure, I'd do it. Getting a QB with Super Bowl experience has appeal. Signing another rookie free agent as a backup for the most important position on the field does not.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think the poor judgment while still being on probation is probably going to be the real problem with the Seahawks. Adding competition for the backup spot was likely anyhow and is probably a certainty now. Now, I'd be really surprised if it was Kaepernick or RGIII though. Lots of drama for a team than really doesn't need more of that.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I know the NFL has its rules about pot, but let's not loose sight of the fact that in the state of Washington, pot is perfectly legal to posses and use recreationally. I'm not totally clear on his probation terms and if legal possession or even use of pot would be grounds for a violation.

Each person in the car can have up to one ounce in their possession. I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and pretend a pretty significant number of players aren't using the herb in the offseason on a recreational basis.

I truly don't see anything wrong with it so long as its used in moderation, same held true for drinking. I am not up to speed on the NFL stand or reach on this matter. I'm sure there is some new precedence to consider given it occurred in a state where it's possession and use is legal.

I'm sure once training camp starts the players are subject to all kinds of restrictions on what they can and can't have show in their systems, and pot being one of them.

If in fact Boyce was even in possession of any of the pot, or under the influence, it still shouldn't be grounds for killing his NFL career I wouldn't think.

He is a super talented QB with tremendous potential should Russell ever not be able to take the field for some reason, Boykin could and has shown that he is capable. I say everyone should chill out a little bit and let things surface and provide a little more clarity, before we race to throw him under bus.

Boykin's keeping his position on the team wouldn't stop Seattle from signing Kaepernick, if they wanted him, and if he was willing to take a backseat position on another team. Especially not on the Seahawks, where Russell would need to be nearly dead before he would let anyone else take his place on the field. I don't think playing backup appeals to Kaepernick right now, Icould be wrong.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've only seen snippets of info but I won't let that stop me from weighing in . . . . in the little I know, I have a hard time seeing a problem here. He wasn't driving the car. He "might" have been drunk so he was arrested? Is that seriously what all of this is based on? There was a joint somewhere in the car? This sounds to me like more of a case of over aggressive policing (not over aggressive use of force, just an over aggressive "hey, I can throw you in jail so I will".). Jail should be for people we are afraid of, not people we are mad at.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
pacific101":tkgi0gjo said:
I know the NFL has its rules about pot, but let's not loose sight of the fact that in the state of Washington, pot is perfectly legal to posses and use recreationally. I'm not totally clear on his probation terms and if legal possession or even use of pot would be grounds for a violation.

Each person in the car can have up to one ounce in their possession. I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and pretend a pretty significant number of players aren't using the herb in the offseason on a recreational basis.

I truly don't see anything wrong with it so long as its used in moderation, same held true for drinking. I am not up to speed on the NFL stand or reach on this matter. I'm sure there is some new precedence to consider given it occurred in a state where it's possession and use is legal.

I'm sure once training camp starts the players are subject to all kinds of restrictions on what they can and can't have show in their systems, and pot being one of them.

If in fact Boyce was even in possession of any of the pot, or under the influence, it still shouldn't be grounds for killing his NFL career I wouldn't think.

He is a super talented QB with tremendous potential should Russell ever not be able to take the field for some reason, Boykin could and has shown that he is capable. I say everyone should chill out a little bit and let things surface and provide a little more clarity, before we race to throw him under bus.

Boykin's keeping his position on the team wouldn't stop Seattle from signing Kaepernick, if they wanted him, and if he was willing to take a backseat position on another team. Especially not on the Seahawks, where Russell would need to be nearly dead before he would let anyone else take his place on the field. I don't think playing backup appeals to Kaepernick right now, Icould be wrong.

He got caught in the State of Texas so laws in the state of WA doesn't matter. He's an idiot for putting him in that situation. Bad judgement period. Especially when one is already on probation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2rrc4nzc said:
He's an idiot for putting him in that situation. Bad judgement period. Especially when one is already on probation.

This is true.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Just cut bait and move on. QB is the general of the field, not someone who puts themselves in these situations. I don't care if he is the backup or not.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pacific101":a3803y5s said:
I know the NFL has its rules about pot, but let's not loose sight of the fact that in the state of Washington, where pot is perfectly legal to posses and use recreationally.

Well written, however, laws in Washington, how talented Boykin is or your views on pot and alcohol are irrelevant. If this was an isolated incident, i.e. his first run in with the law, your perception would be more validated.

He didn't just get busted on a urinalysis. Boykin is on probation for a felony charge that was pleaded down to a misdemeanor. If he is found to be in possession of marijuana, that is a violation of said probation and is very serious. He doesn't even need to be convicted in court to be in violation. He could be in very big trouble just for having any amount of weed in his possession or with someone that does. I would not be surprised if he is not even supposed to drink, be around alcohol or in a place that serves.

ringless

Reaction score
HawkGA":69wc99y5 said:
I've only seen snippets of info but I won't let that stop me from weighing in . . . . in the little I know, I have a hard time seeing a problem here. He wasn't driving the car. He "might" have been drunk so he was arrested? Is that seriously what all of this is based on? There was a joint somewhere in the car? This sounds to me like more of a case of over aggressive policing (not over aggressive use of force, just an over aggressive "hey, I can throw you in jail so I will".). Jail should be for people we are afraid of, not people we are mad at.

Nobody seems to be bringing up the fact that 8 people were injured. That is a huge deal! It doesn't matter if he was driving or not, he participated in that decision. He was a part of it, and he could've made a smarter choice. 7 of those 8 people were hospitalized. To me that's the biggest part of it all. He played an active role in the outcome. He is an undrafted player, with minimal NFL experience and can be easily replaced and likely will be not just because of his role, but that he has had 2 arrests in 3 years. I remember when a star player named Aldon Smith was having a few issues with the law and hit a tree. People made a big deal. Well this is a bigger one, 7 people went to the hospital. Seattle should just cut bait and move on. All they are losing is an undrafted, backup, who clearly has judgement issues. Even if you can get past the fact that 8 people were injured, he still had possession of marijuana in a state that it is illegal to possess it. He still violated his probation no matter what in that sense. He played a role in a DUI. He played a role that led to be someone's son, daughters, husband, and wives ending up in the hospital that night.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
ringless":26bxdwt0 said:
HawkGA":26bxdwt0 said:

Nobody seems to be bringing up the fact that 8 people were injured. That is a huge deal! It doesn't matter if he was driving or not, he participated in that decision. He was a part of it, and he could've made a smarter choice. 7 of those 8 people were hospitalized. To me that's the biggest part of it all. He played an active role in the outcome. He is an undrafted player, with minimal NFL experience and can be easily replaced and likely will be not just because of his role, but that he has had 2 arrests in 3 years. I remember when a star player named Aldon Smith was having a few issues with the law and hit a tree. People made a big deal. Well this is a bigger one, 7 people went to the hospital. Seattle should just cut bait and move on. All they are losing is an undrafted, backup, who clearly has judgement issues. Even if you can get past the fact that 8 people were injured, he still had possession of marijuana in a state that it is illegal to possess it. He still violated his probation no matter what in that sense. He played a role in a DUI. He played a role that led to be someone's son, daughters, husband, and wives ending up in the hospital that night.

I think you are jumping to conclusions to assume he "played an active role" in the accident. What if he was just being picked up, didn't know she was intoxicated, and moments later she was accelerating in reverse out of the parking lot into the bar?

There are a number of possible scenarios that do not involve his knowledge of her intoxication. What if she didn't drink in his presence and is just very good at appearing sober? People with high-alcohol tolerance can appear that way.

Once again, we don't know enough to pass judgment.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkGA":44aoimre said:
hawkfan68":44aoimre said:
He's an idiot for putting him in that situation. Bad judgement period. Especially when one is already on probation.

This is true.

Yup, all this talk about legality etc. who cares. He was an idiot to be there. Cut him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3m8ivtyt said:
ringless":3m8ivtyt said:
HawkGA":3m8ivtyt said:

I think you are jumping to conclusions to assume he "played an active role" in the accident. What if he was just being picked up, didn't know she was intoxicated, and moments later she was accelerating in reverse out of the parking lot into the bar?

There are a number of possible scenarios that do not involve his knowledge of her intoxication. What if she didn't drink in his presence and is just very good at appearing sober? People with high-alcohol tolerance can appear that way.

So how do you justify his arguing with the police?

Seymour

Reaction score
pacific101":2m5dpwri said:

I didn't read the whole thing but don't need to. None of that matters if he's locked up for 1 year with the latest violation anyway. Right or wrong by law matters not when the NFL policy or any employer policy overrides that anyway. Work for the FAA or any airline or many other jobs are subject to their own rules. Your gripe is with them, not police or law.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":28alolf6 said:
he's toast, already on probation. what an idiot. you get the break of a lifetime and blow it like a complete moron.I m so tired of this from athletes, I have zero sympathy. Later dumb ass.
this^ wont be hard to replace him.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3sds79gw said:
hawknation2017":3sds79gw said:
ringless":3sds79gw said:
HawkGA":3sds79gw said:

So how do you justify his arguing with the police?

Who said he argued with the police?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Cut Boykin and sign Kaep to compete. I would guess Kaep would win the backup spot at TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.