BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1sun0eyq said:
Goodell probably threatened him with releasing something that would be very damning. Hope he's got some similar leverage against Brady so the NFLPA doesn't pull a rabbit out of a hat and get his suspension reduced or overturned.

Yes, Brady's cell phone and deposing the two equipment bafoons under sworn testimony.

If Kraft wanted to take this to district court outside the parameters of the league, then that means the gloves are off for evidence. So my guess is once that was explained to Kraft, he backed off.

But I still content a backroom deal was cut to reduce Brady's suspension in exchange for dropping the formal appeal.

sutz

Reaction score
Any word on how Brady's appeal is going? Is it real yet?

I mean has he filed any motions?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm going to get a lot of crap for this...but just consider me ignorant about this entire subject because I mostly am and I don't want to re-read this 16 page thread.

I've read some of the reports and evidence against the Patriots. From what I saw, I didn't see any definitive evidence of anybody asking somebody to deflate footballs BELOW the league minimum of 12.5 PSI. From what I gathered, they could have easiliy just hired a guy to deflate the balls to Tom's preference of 12.5 psi (or whatever it is) because the referees weren't always doing it. Is there some evidence I'm missing? The testing done in the Colts game seems suspect. If they found balls that were under the league minimum, couldn't that be because the Patriots deflated them to the minimum and then the weather and whatever caused the rest of the deflation? And that the Colts balls weren't under the minimum because they weren't deflating them to the minimum in the first place.

There has got to be some damning evidence that I'm missing. Somebody please fill me in.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3n8mxygo said:
From what I gathered, they could have easiliy just hired a guy to deflate the balls to Tom's preference of 12.5 psi (or whatever it is) because the referees weren't always doing it.

The referees don't inflate or deflate the balls. The balls are prepared by each team to the quarterback's preference BEFORE THE GAME. They are then provided to the refs solely for testing. If 12.5 psi is Brady's preference, then he would just provide 12.5 psi balls in the first place. There is no explanation for a "subsequent deflation" after the inspection to bring them down to 12.5 psi. They should already be inflated to that level if that's what he likes.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":327pold6 said:
I'm going to get a lot of crap for this...but just consider me ignorant about this entire subject because I mostly am and I don't want to re-read this 16 page thread.

I've read some of the reports and evidence against the Patriots. From what I saw, I didn't see any definitive evidence of anybody asking somebody to deflate footballs BELOW the league minimum of 12.5 PSI. From what I gathered, they could have easiliy just hired a guy to deflate the balls to Tom's preference of 12.5 psi (or whatever it is) because the referees weren't always doing it. Is there some evidence I'm missing? The testing done in the Colts game seems suspect. If they found balls that were under the league minimum, couldn't that be because the Patriots deflated them to the minimum and then the weather and whatever caused the rest of the deflation? And that the Colts balls weren't under the minimum because they weren't deflating them to the minimum in the first place.

There has got to be some damning evidence that I'm missing. Somebody please fill me in.

The fact that the balls were tampered with *after* the Ref inspection, in the bathroom where there are no cameras is pretty damning. McNally making demands on what kind of Brady swag he wanted for, as he called himself, "the Deflator" while discussing the relative inflation level of footballs. McNally saying "Ha ha, just kidding. I'm not going to ESPN...yet".

No, no one came out and definitively said - "Hi, this is Tom Brady and I want you to deflate the game balls to an illegal level. Got it? I hereby declare my intention to cheat. **tap tap** Is this thing on? Great thanks bye!". That kind of stuff rarely happens. But It's not a stretch to infer from the texts, the history of complaints, the behavior after being caught, and the footballs themselves that there was wrongdoing on the part of the Patriots.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":us3fu0iz said:
fenderbender123":us3fu0iz said:
From what I gathered, they could have easiliy just hired a guy to deflate the balls to Tom's preference of 12.5 psi (or whatever it is) because the referees weren't always doing it.

The referees don't inflate or deflate the balls. The balls are prepared by each team to the quarterback's preference BEFORE THE GAME. They are then provided to the refs solely for testing. If 12.5 psi is Brady's preference, then he would just provide 12.5 psi balls in the first place. There is no explanation for a "subsequent deflation" after the inspection to bring them down to 12.5 psi. They should already be inflated to that level if that's what he likes.
They do if they're not to spec.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Adam Shefter was on Mike & Mike show this morning and it sounded like the three of them were attempting to foster a belief that Shady Brady is innocent. Schefter said that Brady didn't " realize " that he did anything wrong or anything that other QB's don't do. IF that is true then could some one please explain why Shady Brady waited until AFTER the officials had inspected the balls before he had them altered? He had to know that what he was doing was against the rules. The proof is in the fact that he hid that he was doing it from the officials and is backed up by the fact that he then lied about altering the balls during the investigation. Tom Brady is a liar and a cheat and the saddest part is that he doesn't need to be that way.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Laloosh":2g2wqdhs said:
DavidSeven":2g2wqdhs said:
fenderbender123":2g2wqdhs said:

His point is that they would have inflated them to Tom's preference BEFORE the officials inspections if they truly believed they were with in the rules! The proof is in the cover up. Tom should shut up and do the time. If he has any character left at all he will.

Laloosh

Reaction score
brimsalabim":4wirpcqn said:
Laloosh":4wirpcqn said:
DavidSeven":4wirpcqn said:
fenderbender123":4wirpcqn said:

His point is that they would have inflated them to Tom's preference BEFORE the officials inspections if they truly believed they were with in the rules! The proof is in the cover up. Tom should shut up and do the time. If he has any character left at all he will.
I know what his point was. The very first statement is inaccurate and could be misleading. Thanks for reiterating what was already said though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Laloosh":37uoqajl said:
DavidSeven":37uoqajl said:
fenderbender123":37uoqajl said:

Right, a more accurate statement is that they do not inflate or deflate the balls prior to submission for inspection. If the Pats turn in properly inflated balls, then they do not inflate or deflate them then either.

In order for there to be a need to "correct" the ref's inflation, the balls would need to be turned in by the Pats below spec, inflated by the refs to within the proper spec range, and then re-adjusted again by the ball boys. That last step in itself is a violation of the rules (or at least the current inspection protocols). Also, it doesn't make sense.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2wlpinw4 said:
Laloosh":2wlpinw4 said:
DavidSeven":2wlpinw4 said:
fenderbender123":2wlpinw4 said:

Right, a more accurate statement is that they do not inflate or deflate the balls prior to submission for inspection. If the Pats turn in properly inflated balls, then they do not inflate or deflate them then either.

In order for there to be a need to "correct" the ref's inflation, the balls would need to be turned in by the Pats below spec, inflated by the refs to within the proper spec range, and then re-adjusted again by the ball boys. That last step in itself is a violation of the rules (or at least the current inspection protocols). Also, it doesn't make sense.
Yeah, basically provide balls within spec or you get whatever the refs inflate/deflate them to. Saw an MMQ video on the process and the refs couldn't care less what it winds up at as long as it's in the proper range when they're done.

And yes, anyone changing levels after the refs do it is a violation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brimsalabim":28m7wkc0 said:
Adam Shefter was on Mike & Mike show this morning and it sounded like the three of them were attempting to foster a belief that Shady Brady is innocent. Schefter said that Brady didn't " realize " that he did anything wrong or anything that other QB's don't do.

If this were the case, the Brady would have said that. All he had to say was "I told my equipment guys to lower the pressure as much as possible WITHIN the legal limits, as other QB's do."

But he didn't. The fact that he played dumb and even went as far as to say he wouldn't even know if the ball was deflated or not tells us he was lying............because every QB past and present laughed their ass off at that statement.

Which is all I even care about. I don't think deflated footballs are a big deal, but I hate having our intelligence insulted. Just tell the truth man, you're making it so much worse by continuing to play the dumb card.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3brrlxhd said:
I don't think deflated footballs are a big deal, but I hate having our intelligence insulted. Just tell the truth man, you're making it so much worse by continuing to play the dumb card.

Agreed on on both points.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1xlk9zm3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1xlk9zm3 said:
I don't think deflated footballs are a big deal, but I hate having our intelligence insulted. Just tell the truth man, you're making it so much worse by continuing to play the dumb card.

Passing is a small advantage. His completion percentage did benefit from it but fumble rate was highly effected by it.

Considering how close football games are a single completion could change the outcome of a game. Imagine if Kearse catches just one of the passes that bounced of his hands into a defenders arms. That game probably looks much differenent.

The Fumbles though, that's what makes me think Billy knew all along.

ringless

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3m5dfarq said:
Popeyejones":3m5dfarq said:
Sgt. Largent":3m5dfarq said:

Passing is a small advantage. His completion percentage did benefit from it but fumble rate was highly effected by it.

Considering how close football games are a single completion could change the outcome of a game. Imagine if Kearse catches just one of the passes that bounced of his hands into a defenders arms. That game probably looks much differenent.

Even if it helps his passing in an almost unoticeable amount it doesnt matter. Just to refresh the memory of those on the difference an inch can make in this game. (An inch could have meant the Titans win this Super Bowl on the final play as opposed to the Rams) Where the Titans player is tackled at the 1yd line on the final play, his arm outstretched and he comes up an inch short... That was the difference between winning, and losing a Super Bowl

So the league gave Brady an inch with the rule change and he secretly took a mile.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1bl7pey0 said:
Popeyejones":1bl7pey0 said:
Sgt. Largent":1bl7pey0 said:

Oh I absolutely think Belicheat knew, no one wipes their ass in that organization without his approval.........and he wants us to believe he didn't know his QB and equipment guys were deflating footballs, for probably years?

ringless

Reaction score
Now Revis is piling on lol.

Pats fans are the same people that think the Sun revolves around the Earth because they see it moving in the sky no matter what evidence you show them otherwise.

They are the children who say they did something bad because someone else did which somehow clears them of any wrong doing.

They are the murderer caught on camera who denies ever being there despite the video evidence.

#FREEHERNANDEZ they say...... Circumstantial evidence they say.... They see similarities in the Hernandez case and deflate gate because both cases are just based on circumstantial evidence... Both cases just had a million coincidences but really no facts....

Ignorance is bliss...

lsheldon

Reaction score
Belichick suspected Tom Brady wasn't being honest with him.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bel ... ar-BBk5RGG

A Boston Herald sportswriter recently stated he heard the only reason Robert Kraft accepted the punishment levied against the New England Patriots by the NFL in the wake of the Deflategate scandal stems from the notion that Bill Belichick suspected Tom Brady wasn’t being totally honest with him.

During an episode of “Sports Tonight,” CBS Boston’s Michael Felger floated the theory that neither Belichick nor Kraft never were certain Brady was being truthful with them about his alleged role in what spawned Deflategate. It was decided by Kraft after discussing it with Belichick that he would wave the proverbial white flag — albeit with a stated reluctance — and accept the punishment administered by the NFL on the Patriots.

“Belichick never believed his story, from what I was told,” said Borges, via a CSNNE report. “Because they all know. Why do you think all those retired quarterbacks, the Troy Aikmans of the world — Troy Aikman is about as nice a guy as I’ve ever met in football — nobody’s backed [Brady]. Nobody, not a single guy. Why do you think that is? Because they hate Brady? No. Because they’re not stupid. They know nothing’s done with those balls that the quarterback doesn’t want done.”

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lsheldon":1jx01j0l said:
Belichick suspected Tom Brady wasn't being honest with him.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bel ... ar-BBk5RGG

A Boston Herald sportswriter recently stated he heard the only reason Robert Kraft accepted the punishment levied against the New England Patriots by the NFL in the wake of the Deflategate scandal stems from the notion that Bill Belichick suspected Tom Brady wasn’t being totally honest with him.

During an episode of “Sports Tonight,” CBS Boston’s Michael Felger floated the theory that neither Belichick nor Kraft never were certain Brady was being truthful with them about his alleged role in what spawned Deflategate. It was decided by Kraft after discussing it with Belichick that he would wave the proverbial white flag — albeit with a stated reluctance — and accept the punishment administered by the NFL on the Patriots.

“Belichick never believed his story, from what I was told,” said Borges, via a CSNNE report. “Because they all know. Why do you think all those retired quarterbacks, the Troy Aikmans of the world — Troy Aikman is about as nice a guy as I’ve ever met in football — nobody’s backed [Brady]. Nobody, not a single guy. Why do you think that is? Because they hate Brady? No. Because they’re not stupid. They know nothing’s done with those balls that the quarterback doesn’t want done.”
You'll never convince a cheatriots fan of this though.

ringless

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... akes-a-hit

Brady has an Asterisk next to his name... It looks good....

“Despite being a proven winner (four titles, six total Super Bowl appearances) and one of the NFL’s ultimate clutch performers (46 game-winning drives in his 15-year career), Brady’s standing on this list is a reflection of the stench emanating from the Deflategate scandal (hence the asterisk),” Brooks wrote. “The controversy adds to the notion that the Patriots’ long-term success has been fueled by various misdeeds. While there isn’t a proven correlation between deflated footballs and Brady’s on-field performance, the fact that another scandal is hovering over the Patriots certainly clouds the evaluation.”