BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1vpcwy0s said:
50yrpatsfan":1vpcwy0s said:
Uncle Si":1vpcwy0s said:
Its amazing that a Patriots fan would believe the NFL would knee cap one of its most marketable stars as some sort of farcical ceremony on its power.

This wasn't Andy Dalton. It was literally the closest thing to a "face" of the NFL the league has had in the last 10 years.

While I believe the suspension is harsh and the loss of a 1st round draft pick over the top, the NFL made a decision basically contradicting "conspiracy theory".

Time for Patriots fans to recognize that perspective. Something is not right in that organization and the NFL went out of its way to make a point while knocking down a super star to do it.

Well, you're talking as if someone in the NFL office has judgment, which is unfortunately not the case. Once this runaway train got loose and started careening all over the place, there was nobody at the top to say Whoa!

I agree it didn't start out as a Goodell plot to get the Patriots, but a complex investigation requires someone overseeing it who's not a half-wit and can keep it on a path of sanity. There's no checks and balances on Park Avenue. In a court, there would be a judge who'd say to Wells, what about this, what about that, I'm not going to allow this etc.

You're delusional.

Its funny, really. I mean he's right, there is no checks and balances in the NFL. Except the one where the owner of the team who was just punished basically leads a small group of owners who decides if the man who made the decision to punish that team keeps his job year in and year out.

Pats fan.. it strikes me as odd playing the victim card when your franchise has been propped up to be the model for all others to follow by the very organization you claim is trying to (unfairly) bring you down. It lacks perspective. And, not to be harsh, is very hypocritical.

The punishments were harsh. I agree. I also agree that Brady cheated. I also agree that air pressure is stupid. Which makes me also believe that Brady is stupid for lying about cheating.

The real crime will be what happens next. Does Goodell apologize to his buddy and reduce Brady's suspension? Probably. That will go over real well.

The NFL loses because Brady's too much of a jerk to just laughably admit he screwed with the air pressure of the footballs... a crime any sane NFL fan would've just said "oh Tom Brady.. you scamp" to and just moved on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2ln2xuxt said:
scutterhawk":2ln2xuxt said:
brimsalabim":2ln2xuxt said:
Adam Shefter was on Mike & Mike show this morning and it sounded like the three of them were attempting to foster a belief that Shady Brady is innocent. Schefter said that Brady didn't " realize " that he did anything wrong or anything that other QB's don't do. IF that is true then could some one please explain why Shady Brady waited until AFTER the officials had inspected the balls before he had them altered? He had to know that what he was doing was against the rules. The proof is in the fact that he hid that he was doing it from the officials and is backed up by the fact that he then lied about altering the balls during the investigation. Tom Brady is a liar and a cheat and the saddest part is that he doesn't need to be that way.

Those three don't need to PLAY dumb, they are all NATURALS.
He knew damned well that the balls were being altered to his liking, and getting caught wasn't really a concern, because he'd been getting away with doing it for so long, he thought that no one would catch on,and that it would never come to light...In his mind, "It's not cheating if you don't get caught"

Pats fan paying a visit. I thought it might be a little more rational around here, but I see you've mostly taken the bait, hook line and sinker. The Wells report is obvious trash, for this reason: the texts and bathroom stop mean nothing if the balls didn't even measure out of the expected range. The fact is that there were no low psi readings to begin with, just a Keystone cops farce and a prosecutor who twisted data by disregarding the ref's own testimony about which gauge he used to measure the balls pre-game.

Brady, the ball boys, and the team are clean on all of this, but it just goes to show what can happen when you have prejudiced league officials leaking lies (remember Mort's "2 full psi" report?) to the prejudiced media, together with a commissioner who lacks a single ounce of judgment.

Not to mention that even it were all true - that Brady conspired with low-life ball boys to change the ball pressure a half-psi and risk his whole career (a pretty preposterous notion) - that the Pats still beat the ever-lovin' crap out of the Colts in the 2nd half of the AFCC, then set all kinds of SB passing records against a great D with balls at the "correct" psi level (which of course changes by the minute based on temperature changes). Meaning that all this criminal behavior had no effect whatsoever on anything, to add a little perspective.

Brady will sue, and the suspension will be completely overturned when a judge reads the Wells report. Zero games, and the NFLPA will probably use this case to go after Goodell and the league's anti-trust exemption. Brady also has a pretty good defamation case if we wants to go that way, given that the league office made no effort to correct the lying leaks from its own ranks. The only thing that sucks is the 1st round draft choice, an insane penalty worthy of Kim Jong-Il. Maybe after the judge rips the NFL a new one, Kraft will grow a pair and get to work on getting that whacked too.
Looks like I missed one. DOH!

Good luck having Brady get a federal lawsuit filed against the NFL before the 4 games are up.
Also in a lawsuit the defense will force Brady to turn over his cell phone and will have phone records from the phone company.

Face it, your golden boy cheated and got caught, he needs to take his punishment like a big boy and hope it doesn't tarnish his rep more than it has. The longer this goes on the worse Brady and the Cheatriots look.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":whv40986 said:
peachesenregalia":whv40986 said:
50yrpatsfan":whv40986 said:
Uncle Si":whv40986 said:
Its amazing that a Patriots fan would believe the NFL would knee cap one of its most marketable stars as some sort of farcical ceremony on its power.

This wasn't Andy Dalton. It was literally the closest thing to a "face" of the NFL the league has had in the last 10 years.

While I believe the suspension is harsh and the loss of a 1st round draft pick over the top, the NFL made a decision basically contradicting "conspiracy theory".

Time for Patriots fans to recognize that perspective. Something is not right in that organization and the NFL went out of its way to make a point while knocking down a super star to do it.

Well, you're talking as if someone in the NFL office has judgment, which is unfortunately not the case. Once this runaway train got loose and started careening all over the place, there was nobody at the top to say Whoa!

I agree it didn't start out as a Goodell plot to get the Patriots, but a complex investigation requires someone overseeing it who's not a half-wit and can keep it on a path of sanity. There's no checks and balances on Park Avenue. In a court, there would be a judge who'd say to Wells, what about this, what about that, I'm not going to allow this etc.

You're delusional.

Its funny, really. I mean he's right, there is no checks and balances in the NFL. Except the one where the owner of the team who was just punished basically leads a small group of owners who decides if the man who made the decision to punish that team keeps his job year in and year out.

Pats fan.. it strikes me as odd playing the victim card when your franchise has been propped up to be the model for all others to follow by the very organization you claim is trying to (unfairly) bring you down. It lacks perspective. And, not to be harsh, is very hypocritical.

The punishments were harsh. I agree. I also agree that Brady cheated. I also agree that air pressure is stupid. Which makes me also believe that Brady is stupid for lying about cheating.

The real crime will be what happens next. Does Goodell apologize to his buddy and reduce Brady's suspension? Probably. That will go over real well.

The NFL loses because Brady's too much of a jerk to just laughably admit he screwed with the air pressure of the footballs... a crime any sane NFL fan would've just said "oh Tom Brady.. you scamp" to and just moved on.

If there was anything remotely resembling proof that any psi's were artificially below normal, Pats fans would not be taking up this fight. The only way Wells can come to his conclusion is to contradict the ref about which gauge was used. If he accepts the ref's recollection, then the Pats are cleared. It's that simple. All the rest of the intrigue about texts and pit stops are irrelevant if there's no physical issue with the footballs, right?

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26ga84jm said:
50yrpatsfan":26ga84jm said:
scutterhawk":26ga84jm said:
brimsalabim":26ga84jm said:
Adam Shefter was on Mike & Mike show this morning and it sounded like the three of them were attempting to foster a belief that Shady Brady is innocent. Schefter said that Brady didn't " realize " that he did anything wrong or anything that other QB's don't do. IF that is true then could some one please explain why Shady Brady waited until AFTER the officials had inspected the balls before he had them altered? He had to know that what he was doing was against the rules. The proof is in the fact that he hid that he was doing it from the officials and is backed up by the fact that he then lied about altering the balls during the investigation. Tom Brady is a liar and a cheat and the saddest part is that he doesn't need to be that way.

He knew damned well that the balls were being altered to his liking, and getting caught wasn't really a concern, because he'd been getting away with doing it for so long, he thought that no one would catch on,and that it would never come to light...In his mind, "It's not cheating if you don't get caught"

Pats fan paying a visit. I thought it might be a little more rational around here, but I see you've mostly taken the bait, hook line and sinker. The Wells report is obvious trash, for this reason: the texts and bathroom stop mean nothing if the balls didn't even measure out of the expected range. The fact is that there were no low psi readings to begin with, just a Keystone cops farce and a prosecutor who twisted data by disregarding the ref's own testimony about which gauge he used to measure the balls pre-game.

Brady, the ball boys, and the team are clean on all of this, but it just goes to show what can happen when you have prejudiced league officials leaking lies (remember Mort's "2 full psi" report?) to the prejudiced media, together with a commissioner who lacks a single ounce of judgment.

Not to mention that even it were all true - that Brady conspired with low-life ball boys to change the ball pressure a half-psi and risk his whole career (a pretty preposterous notion) - that the Pats still beat the ever-lovin' crap out of the Colts in the 2nd half of the AFCC, then set all kinds of SB passing records against a great D with balls at the "correct" psi level (which of course changes by the minute based on temperature changes). Meaning that all this criminal behavior had no effect whatsoever on anything, to add a little perspective.

Brady will sue, and the suspension will be completely overturned when a judge reads the Wells report. Zero games, and the NFLPA will probably use this case to go after Goodell and the league's anti-trust exemption. Brady also has a pretty good defamation case if we wants to go that way, given that the league office made no effort to correct the lying leaks from its own ranks. The only thing that sucks is the 1st round draft choice, an insane penalty worthy of Kim Jong-Il. Maybe after the judge rips the NFL a new one, Kraft will grow a pair and get to work on getting that whacked too.

Good luck having Brady get a federal lawsuit filed against the NFL before the 4 games are up.
Also in a lawsuit the defense will force Brady to turn over his cell phone and will have phone records from the phone company.

Face it, your golden boy cheated and got caught, he needs to take his punishment like a big boy and hope it doesn't tarnish his rep more than it has. The longer this goes on the worse Brady and the Cheatriots look.

He'll have no trouble getting a restraining order so he can play while the case is heard. He didn't do anything, so he's doing the right thing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm sure the whole thing was fabricated in an effort to bring down the most heralded QB of a generation, forcing the Commissioner to turn his back on his biggest supporter and cost the NFL millions in marketing its super star, made for tv, married to a freaking super model (for christsakes) QB.

I mean seriously, do you truly believe the NFL wants this? Do you think they would go to all this trouble to take down its star, cause a divide in its ownership group and embarrass itself over something this small if there was nothing there?

come on, man.

Good luck with your... well, your whatever it is.

As if it was possible to be annoyed by a fan base any more following the Super bowl.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":wjrq8bz6 said:
50yrpatsfan":wjrq8bz6 said:
No, I'm actually correct, and once this gets outside the NFL offices for judgment, that will be very clear.

Oh? When's it going 'outside the NFL offices for judgement'? And what will we find on Brady's phone that he didn't want found when that happens?

Back in your box.

What do you think's on Brady's phone that they don't already have from the ball boys' texts? Nothing.

As far as Brady not cooperating, this is the way it went down:

Wells: Tom, send me all your texts relative to this matter and I'll take your word that it's everything.

Brady: Ted, you already have the 3 texts I sent Jastremski. There aren't any others.

Wells (in his report): Brady's not cooperating!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2xiue9p2 said:
Uncle Si":2xiue9p2 said:
peachesenregalia":2xiue9p2 said:
50yrpatsfan":2xiue9p2 said:
ts amazing that a Patriots fan would believe the NFL would knee cap one of its most marketable stars as some sort of farcical ceremony on its power.

Time for Patriots fans to recognize that perspective. Something is not right in that organization and the NFL went out of its way to make a point while knocking down a super star to do it

You're delusional.

If there was anything remotely resembling proof that any psi's were artificially below normal, Pats fans would not be taking up this fight. The only way Wells can come to his conclusion is to contradict the ref about which gauge was used. If he accepts the ref's recollection, then the Pats are cleared. It's that simple. All the rest of the intrigue about texts and pit stops are irrelevant if there's no physical issue with the footballs, right?
That's udder and complete BS and you know it. You could see Brady rob a bank with your own eyes and you'd think he was innocent.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":4igjvdgu said:
Sports Hernia":4igjvdgu said:
50yrpatsfan":4igjvdgu said:
scutterhawk":4igjvdgu said:

He'll have no trouble getting a restraining order so he can play while the case is heard. He didn't do anything, so he's doing the right thing.
The facts say differently. .....and if he didn't do anything he would have had no problem turning over his cell phone.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29cj4e1b said:
I'm sure the whole thing was fabricated in an effort to bring down the most heralded QB of a generation, forcing the Commissioner to turn his back on his biggest supporter and cost the NFL millions in marketing its super star, made for tv, married to a freaking super model (for christsakes) QB.

I mean seriously, do you truly believe the NFL wants this? Do you think they would go to all this trouble to take down its star, cause a divide in its ownership group and embarrass itself over something this small if there was nothing there?

come on, man.

Good luck with your... well, your whatever it is.

As if it was possible to be annoyed by a fan base any more following the Super bowl.

The NFL didn't want this, they are just too inept to manage anything like this. Look at Ray Rice, look at AP, look at the Saints. Anything other than a PED violation turns into a sh*t-show.

They didn't even know that when a game is played in weather 30 degrees colder than the locker rooms, that the psi levels go down during the game. They didn't realize that the 2 gauges they were using to measure balls were giving readings half a psi different from one another. They had staff leaking outright lies about the readings to the media, and an NFL VP sent a letter to the Patriots containing those same lies.

I don't blame the public cause they were duped by the false reports about 2 psi discrepancies, when the truth now is that NE balls were in line with the measurements of the Colts balls. It's a total farce.

Just pray it never happens to the Hawks, cause this fan base would lose their minds.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":364jfuy3 said:
50yrpatsfan":364jfuy3 said:
peachesenregalia":364jfuy3 said:
50yrpatsfan":364jfuy3 said:
No, I'm actually correct, and once this gets outside the NFL offices for judgment, that will be very clear.

Oh? When's it going 'outside the NFL offices for judgement'? And what will we find on Brady's phone that he didn't want found when that happens?

Back in your box.

What do you think's on Brady's phone that they don't already have from the ball boys' texts? Nothing.

As far as Brady not cooperating, this is the way it went down:

Wells: Tom, send me all your texts relative to this matter and I'll take your word that it's everything.

Brady: Ted, you already have the 3 texts I sent Jastremski. There aren't any others.

Wells (in his report): Brady's not cooperating!!

LOOOOOOOOL

You've convinced me. Brady DID fully cooperate with the investigation. How could I have been such a fool?! i mean, if Brady said there aren't any others, then that's that, right? I wish murder investigations were that simple. "Ed Gein, did you savagely murder those women?", "No sir, I already told you I didn't do it, there's nothing else to tell.", "Alright, guess we can close the book on that then! We'll just have to keep looking elsewhere."

We need to stop locking up innocent people!!!!

Sounds like you missed the part where Wells said he didn't ask for the phone itself, only that Brady send/show him any relevant texts.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
My god.. what's worse is you fervently believe it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3m26n746 said:

The timeline of his texts would corroborate that Brady was indeed texting about deflating footballs, and not deflating human beings as given as the most laughable defense in the history of defenses.

I don't blame Brady for not wanting to give up his phone. He's a phony, so I'm sure there's plenty of incriminating information on his phone about all facets of his life, not just lying about this.

ringless

Reaction score
I don't get how you can believe Bradys innocent. Lets say that nothing is even definitive. There is still an abundance of circumstantial evidence... All of which needs extraordinary explanations like deflating in regards to weight loss... And the bathroom, the texts, the facts that the balls actually did deflate more than the Colts balls. At what point does months of circumstantial evidence no longer become coincidence and eventually carry a little weight?

The fact of the matter is simply Patriots fans don't want to believe it. I get that, thats your passion. Its your way of thinking with your heart and not your head. On top of all that evidence you guys want to believe that the NFL wanted this? Its just ridiculous. Its all exactly what it looks like, and what the evidence suggests.

If this was Andrew Luck would all Pats fans be saying he is guilty? Of course they would. I certainly know the fan base wouldn't be defending Luck. May I ask if you are also one of the fans that believes Hernandez is innocent due to the Evidence being circumstantial?

Throwdown

Reaction score
He flat out did it it, and flat out lied. This arguement is so flat I don't understand why we're inflating his ego by giving him all this flat out attention to explain what flat out was wrong and why Brady was at fault.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok one game against the Colts is what your basing an argument on, what about the other games where people know that they were manipulating the balls, it has been going on for years, former players supporting that argument.

If the Patriots did not have a HISTORY of cheating at every opportunity to get an advantage maybe someone would sympathize with your case and position. But guess what, you have been cheating at every chance since Kraft has bought the Patriots and Belichek has been there, your team is like a Sex offender released back into the public on only a promise that they won't do anything bad again. Guess what bad things happen again, the league is tired of it and is locking you up and your cheating team the way they can. Fines, Draft Choices and suspensions. You really think Kraft would cave in if there wasn't dirt, he spouted a good game, said he listened to good ole boys club of owners and took his punishment.

In reality he didn't want to be the next Al Davis and left out to dry by himself going forward. He screwed them at every turn as well.

He could not fight the league that can take away a franchise as well as allocate one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":nuo901o1 said:
Ok one game against the Colts is what your basing an argument on, what about the other games where people know that they were manipulating the balls, it has been going on for years, former players supporting that argument.

If the Patriots did not have a HISTORY of cheating at every opportunity to get an advantage maybe someone would sympathize with your case and position. But guess what, you have been cheating at every chance since Kraft has bought the Patriots and Belichek has been there, your team is like a Sex offender released back into the public on only a promise that they won't do anything bad again. Guess what bad things happen again, the league is tired of it and is locking you up and your cheating team the way they can. Fines, Draft Choices and suspensions. You really think Kraft would cave in if there wasn't dirt, he spouted a good game, said he listened to good ole boys club of owners and took his punishment.

In reality he didn't want to be the next Al Davis and left out to dry by himself going forward. He screwed them at every turn as well.

He could not fight the league that can take away a franchise as well as allocate one.
BINGO!

Oh and to 50yrpatsfan, do you really think Brady will take this to court?
Do you really think he wants his texts exposed, do you really think that Tommy wants to be cross examined under oath with the threat of perjury when he is caught lying his ass off?

Personally I hope he does take it to court, and he will look like a bigger cheating fool then he already is.

I am willing to bet he goes the "Bobby Kraft route" and drops any threat of a lawsuit, and you Cheatriots fans will be dumbfounded and stunned.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qhinqp7 said:
I am willing to bet he goes the "Bobby Kraft route" and drops any threat of a lawsuit, and you Cheatriots fans will be dumbfounded and stunned.

More likely they'll say he's such an upstanding guy that he did it to keep it from being a distraction to the team.....you know, because he's just that great of a guy and all :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":2iipqjfm said:
Sports Hernia":2iipqjfm said:

More likely they'll say he's such an upstanding guy that he did it to keep it from being a distraction to the team.....you know, because he's just that great of a guy and all :roll:
I can see that.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
ringless":3bmx4pmo said:
I don't get how you can believe Bradys innocent. Lets say that nothing is even definitive. There is still an abundance of circumstantial evidence... All of which needs extraordinary explanations like deflating in regards to weight loss... And the bathroom, the texts, the facts that the balls actually did deflate more than the Colts balls. At what point does months of circumstantial evidence no longer become coincidence and eventually carry a little weight?

The fact of the matter is simply Patriots fans don't want to believe it. I get that, thats your passion. Its your way of thinking with your heart and not your head. On top of all that evidence you guys want to believe that the NFL wanted this? Its just ridiculous. Its all exactly what it looks like, and what the evidence suggests.

If this was Andrew Luck would all Pats fans be saying he is guilty? Of course they would. I certainly know the fan base wouldn't be defending Luck. May I ask if you are also one of the fans that believes Hernandez is innocent due to the Evidence being circumstantial?

Any circumstantial evidence against Brady is meaningless if the balls weren't even low. If there was no act committed, what is it evidence of?

As far as Luck, after this I will never believe any league case against a player ever again. they are just imcompetent plain and simple

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1is11ry5 said:
ringless":1is11ry5 said:

Any circumstantial evidence against Brady is meaningless if the balls weren't even low. If there was no act committed, what is it evidence of?

As far as Luck, after this I will never believe any league case against a player ever again. they are just imcompetent plain and simple
Your posts are full of delusion and false statements. The Pats footballs were far below the required PSI when checked at halftime. That is FACT, that is part of the reason why your hero is being suspended and the other reason is because he didn't cooperate with the investigation. Shady Brady and the Pats are not victims. If you do the crime, then you do the time.

If Tommy and Pats fans don't like the punishment, THEN DON'T CHEAT!
It really is that simple.