BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

Barakas

Reaction score
Holy crappola....you can read the full report from http://www.nfl.com. There is going to be no winning of this in court for Brady.

Goodell has Brady by the nuts.

ringless

Reaction score
Can the NFL place him on the exempt list? The punishment he was given was not nearly enough knowing this! He shouldn't ever be allowed to play again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
this should be enough to tarnish his legacy but I already here the media praising him...once a cheat always a cheat!

chris98251

Reaction score
Tom just wanted to change carriers, with a broken phone he had an out in his contract and since his carrier would not replace his phone he was able to get a new one as part of the package with his new carrier, no cheating at all, just a bad set of circumstances that just coeinsedentily happened at the same time.

Geez you guys would think he did it on purpiose or something :)............................

ringless

Reaction score
All Patriots fans at birth were born with a masters in Physics. The ability to look at any and all issues without bias and prejudice... To see through that fog that has clouded our judgement.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1slaarbt said:
Tom just wanted to change carriers, with a broken phone he had an out in his contract and since his carrier would not replace his phone he was able to get a new one as part of the package with his new carrier, no cheating at all, just a bad set of circumstances that just coeinsedentily happened at the same time.

Geez you guys would think he did it on purpiose or something :)............................

The funniest part is he directed someone else to break his phone. Brady's so important and rich that he doesn't even break his own incriminating phones.

When you have a phone breaking guy, it's time to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
NFL released footage of the assistant destroying the phone

[youtube]55zLfQ5i4-w[/youtube]

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25i5qc1w said:
chris98251":25i5qc1w said:

The funniest part is he directed someone else to break his phone. Brady's so important and rich that he doesn't even break his own incriminating phones.

When you have a phone breaking guy, it's time to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

What, you don't have a phone breaking guy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3cll0hky said:
Sgt. Largent":3cll0hky said:
chris98251":3cll0hky said:

I do all my own phone breaking. It keeps me grounded and maintains my street cred with the little people.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
tdlabrie":rq3v50ra said:
SnoCoHawk":rq3v50ra said:
"The most significant new information that emerged in connection with the appeal was evidence that on or about March 6, 2015 -- the very day that was interviewed by Mr. Wells and his investigated team -- Mr. Brady instructed his assistant to destroy the cellphone that he had been using since early 2014, a period that included that AFC Championship game and the initial weeks of the subsequent information," Goodell wrote in the final decision on the appeal.

Maybe I've been watching too much TV or reading too many mystery books, but isn't it true that all Brady's calls and texts, and even the text content, can be retrieved from the carrier? (Subject to a warrant, of course.)

I believe you can get the phone numbers that have the texts attached to them. And the phone numbers that were called. As to the content of the texts, you could get that by the other persons phone if called upon to testify unless that text line of data has been deleted.
My gut feeling is there was other information that he did not want spread around...or shall I say other dirty laundry "aired out". he he he .
:thirishdrinkers:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Tommy never watched "The Sopranos" apparently. You don't write stuff down or text or email. You talk in a low voice in a secure bathroom with the water running. Amateurs.

[youtube]SoHrnUvAo3Y[/youtube]

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Sgt. Largent":1xwdnrus said:
TriCHawk":1xwdnrus said:
Sgt. Largent":1xwdnrus said:
chris98251":1xwdnrus said:

I do all my own phone breaking. It keeps me grounded and maintains my street cred with the little people.
Have to go full office space on it.
Giphy

But in all seriousness, that ruling is pretty airtight. The fact that they didn't bring in either of the equipment guys is pretty damning. Their whole argument stemmed from the punishment being excessive. The report hammered that point pretty thoroughly. It's similar to PEDs in that it's an unfair competitive advantage, which doesn't actually have to be proven advantageous and affects the integrity of the game. First suspension for PEDs is 4 games, which is what Tom Terriblé received. Pretty open and shut.

athanas

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":14phqjkk said:
I believe you can get the phone numbers that have the texts attached to them. And the phone numbers that were called. As to the content of the texts, you could get that by the other persons phone if called upon to testify unless that text line of data has been deleted.
My gut feeling is there was other information that he did not want spread around...or shall I say other dirty laundry "aired out". he he he .
:thirishdrinkers:
This. THIS. THIS.
All of the Deflatriot apologists want to do is say what more can his phone show that couldn't have been found on Klump and Shlub's phones, but I am convinced there was more on Tom's phone concerning this matter with other parties than people want to realize.
There is no doubt in my mind that this has been going on far longer than just the AFC title game that they are trying to limit this to and NOBODY in the NFL wants it to go deeper than it already has.

Or this is just the mother of all MOTHERS of coincidences and all parties involved are clean.
**cough**

ringless

Reaction score
Patriots release statement saying that NFL is trying to destroy Tom's image despite having no evidence to any wrong doing in addition of science proving innocence.

"We are extremely disappointed in today's ruling by Commissioner Goodell," the Patriots said in a statement. "We cannot comprehend the league's position in this matter. Most would agree that the penalties levied originally were excessive and unprecedented, especially in light of the fact that the league has no hard evidence of wrongdoing. We continue to unequivocally believe in and support Tom Brady.

"We also believe that the laws of science continue to underscore the folly of this entire ordeal. Given all of this, it is incomprehensible as to why the league is attempting to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... reputation

ringless

Reaction score
Saw this posted by someone else.... Any legal experts care to weigh in on this. I would love it if they could/would do this

Hey Pats fans. Here's your defamation suit. Only it's gonna be the league sueing the Patriots. Bamm !!!! Stay super, extra salty

"it is incomprehensible as to why the league is attempting to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives."

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
From Stephen A. Smith:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/new ... uspension/

In part:

"And what was alluded to me this morning yet again was when they talked about how he had the Spygate incident in 2007 and as a result of that, you couldn’t have anything [with] Bill Belichick because the language in the Spygate ruling called for banishment from the league, if indeed it was found something deceivingly similar to happen again with Bill Belichick. So it was in the best interest of Mr. Kraft and the New England Patriots to take the penalty handed down by Roger Goodell.”

So they can all sit down, shut up, and let Brady take his four weeks, or take a chance that Belicheat joins Pete Rose.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ringless":1ask54st said:
Patriots release statement saying that NFL is trying to destroy Tom's image despite having no evidence to any wrong doing in addition of science proving innocence.

"We are extremely disappointed in today's ruling by Commissioner Goodell," the Patriots said in a statement. "We cannot comprehend the league's position in this matter. Most would agree that the penalties levied originally were excessive and unprecedented, especially in light of the fact that the league has no hard evidence of wrongdoing. We continue to unequivocally believe in and support Tom Brady.

"We also believe that the laws of science continue to underscore the folly of this entire ordeal. Given all of this, it is incomprehensible as to why the league is attempting to destroy the reputation of one of its greatest players and representatives."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... reputation

I believe what the Patriots are glossing over is that the punishment isn't as much about the wrong doing, but the refusal to cooperate. For that there is PLENTY of evidence.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
kidhawk":5l6gpr71 said:
I believe what the Patriots are glossing over is that the punishment isn't as much about the wrong doing, but the refusal to cooperate. For that there is PLENTY of evidence.

The NFL can't subpoena phone records but a court can. And smashing a phone doesn't remove the texts. The NFL called the Pats** bluff.