BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1c3d2sa8 said:
kidhawk":1c3d2sa8 said:
I believe what the Patriots are glossing over is that the punishment isn't as much about the wrong doing, but the refusal to cooperate. For that there is PLENTY of evidence.

The NFL can't subpoena phone records but a court can. And smashing a phone doesn't remove the texts. The NFL called the Pats** bluff.

We shall definitely see. I heard that Brady has given the go ahead for the NFLPA to file in federal court in Minnesota. I also heard the NFL may file in NY.

I've kind of been hoping to see it go to court, but even if they go to court, it won't change the fact that he refused to cooperate with the investigation. This isn't criminal, it basically comes down to contract law, and if the ruling is that Brady can be suspended for being uncooperative, then he will lose no matter his involvement in "Deflategate".

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/623971703492898816[/tweet]

No you didn't...Thats video footage of Brady destroying his phone.

Thanks EA.

ringless

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":3s44l34l said:
kidhawk":3s44l34l said:
I believe what the Patriots are glossing over is that the punishment isn't as much about the wrong doing, but the refusal to cooperate. For that there is PLENTY of evidence.

The NFL can't subpoena phone records but a court can. And smashing a phone doesn't remove the texts. The NFL called the Pats** bluff.

Not true at all, Tom used an iPhone. The messages are encrypted, its why the government has made such a big deal about having a back door to get in. iMessages work different than a standard text message in the sense they use wifi instead of the tower. The cell phone company even said the text are unrecoverable because the phone no longer exists. iMessages are encrypted. Cell phone messages are only stored on servers for 2-3 days.

Here is a poll from the boston Globe on how people feel after the new information. When I voted it shows that most people who read this site think that the phone means nothing and Tom had his reasons for destroying it. Im guessing anyone that voted in line with guilt must be a non-pats fan

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/ ... %3Atwitter

ringless

Reaction score
Where are the Pats fans? We demand your spin on this......

Bonus points if answered correctly for this bonus question.... Why was Hernandez found guilty? Sure he looked guilty, but lets be real.. The evidence was circumstantial at best.. They had nothing! Also a sham investigation if you ask me. I mean a murder without a murder weapon and without a witness?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ringless":167yznym said:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/27/apple-explains-exactly-how-secure-imessage-really-is/

iMessages can't be recovered..... Government has tried to get around this and Apple hasn't allowed it.... His messages are gone along with that phone. Sure they might be able to get numbers and dates but no content
Which is why Roger focused on the lack of cooperation. Which I have claimed all along was the reason Brady was given 4 games. Just like refusing a piss test.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1uut2ma0 said:
NFL released footage of the assistant destroying the phone

[youtube]55zLfQ5i4-w[/youtube]

Speaking of which, they had to of heard rumors about Hernandez the whole time he was out "gang-bangin'" and doing drive-bys.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
If they go to court, won't those two bozo equipment guys have to testify under oath? I wonder how they're going to feel about perjuring themselves? It's one thing to lie when it's a private investigation, and another when it's in federal court.

chris98251

Reaction score
I laugh out loud when I see things alluding to the Patriots and Brady and Belichek having their reputations tarnished, in my view they don't just have tarnish, its corrosion,rust, along with mold. They shame the storied Conrad Dobler in the cheating department.

They make Pete Rose and The Black Sox look like Choir boys, I believe the Patriots about as much as I believe the Soviet Union didn't use Steroids for their Olympic Athletes and Hockey Team as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":3b2w154o said:
I laugh out loud when I see things alluding to the Patriots and Brady and Belichek having their reputations tarnished, in my view they don't just have tarnish, its corrosion,rust, along with mold. They shame the storied Conrad Dobler in the cheating department.

They make Pete Rose and The Black Sox look like Choir boys, I believe the Patriots about as much as I believe the Soviet Union didn't use Steroids for their Olympic Athletes and Hockey Team as well.
LOL, BINGO!
Good points!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":10a77xap said:
If they go to court, won't those two bozo equipment guys have to testify under oath? I wonder how they're going to feel about perjuring themselves? It's one thing to lie when it's a private investigation, and another when it's in federal court.
Yep, and the NFL will call Beavis and Butthead to the stand, as they would with Shady Brady.
I think Shady Brady has a lot to hide that may go beyond the current situation, the guy is a snake.
I think it's 50-50 that this case is even heard.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
1527738_444505869057694_1500831749_n.jpg

irocdave

Reaction score
Man, spent a couple minutes on a Pats forum. WOW. Talk about delusional. Supposedly Brady offered an spread sheet (after destroying the phone) with names of people he contacted during the time period in question and that proves he didn't have knowledge of the deflating. Is there really a region of the country that is this stupid? How did they master pushing the "on" button on the computer and navigating the internet? Assistants? Tutors?

253hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ounap8h said:
ringless":1ounap8h said:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/27/apple-explains-exactly-how-secure-imessage-really-is/

iMessages can't be recovered..... Government has tried to get around this and Apple hasn't allowed it.... His messages are gone along with that phone. Sure they might be able to get numbers and dates but no content
Which is why Roger focused on the lack of cooperation. Which I have claimed all along was the reason Brady was given 4 games. Just like refusing a piss test.

Exactly. Player cooperation during investigations is part of the CBA. What Brady did is basically destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice.

T*m Shady, y'all.
CLB8h6OUEAA-OM5.jpg:large

Osprey

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically isn't the entire investigation wrapped around the one game?

If Brady really does push it, couldn't the league open a second investigation into previous games/years?

ringless

Reaction score
Osprey":3qp8udwn said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically isn't the entire investigation wrapped around the one game?

If Brady really does push it, couldn't the league open a second investigation into previous games/years?

There is no evidence... Extremely circumstantial yes. I think anyone could look at the stats and prior complaints earlier in the season, inline with the rule change that Brady wanted in the first place and say yes they cheated. But in a court that aspect wouldn't be upheld.