BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

lsheldon

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/arm ... ar-AAdCX7K

Brady tried to claim it was "ordinary practice" to have his old cell phone destroyed after he got a new one, which is almost as convenient an excuse as the bozos he entrusted to do his dirty work claiming they were talking about weight loss when they used the term "deflator." Especially when a union investigator had no trouble digging up two of Brady's other old cell phones.

That's right. Goodell's ruling also reveals that Brady used three cell phones from the spring of 2014 until April 8 of this year, and the only one that couldn't be recovered was the one that would have had incriminating information.

By any measure, deflating footballs is a silly and minor offense. But the NFL has rules in place for a reason, so that the fans who have made it a $9 billion a year enterprise can trust that the product is legit. By tampering with footballs, or ordering two of his minions to do it, Brady tampered with the integrity of the game.

Even so, had he 'fessed up right away, he likely would have gotten off with a slap on the wrist. Now nothing he does or says can be taken at face value. He will always be a four-time Super Bowl champion and two-time NFL MVP. But he's also a liar.

And that title will be as much a part of his legacy as all the accolades.

ringless

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago Interesting. @judybattista says the sides were moving close to a 1-game suspension settlement. But Brady wanted records sealed. NFL wouldn't

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If Tawwwmmy is innocent like he, the pats org, and pathetic pats fan base think, then why does he want the records sealed?????? Like I said from the beginning, the longer this goes on, the worse it's going to be for New England, Shady Brady, and that delusional fan base.

Personally, I'm enjoying the show, keep the buttered popcorn coming! 8)

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2lzt6axa said:
If Tawwwmmy is innocent like he, the pats org, and pathetic pats fan base think, then why does he want the records sealed?????? Like I said from the beginning, the longer this goes on, the worse it's going to be for New England, Shady Brady, and that delusional fan base.

Personally, I'm enjoying the show, keep the buttered popcorn coming! 8)

Me too!
Giphy

Vetamur

Reaction score
ringless":40t551d6 said:
Osprey":40t551d6 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically isn't the entire investigation wrapped around the one game?

If Brady really does push it, couldn't the league open a second investigation into previous games/years?

There is no evidence... Extremely circumstantial yes. I think anyone could look at the stats and prior complaints earlier in the season, inline with the rule change that Brady wanted in the first place and say yes they cheated. But in a court that aspect wouldn't be upheld.

I think this is a common misconception. People think that circumstantial evidence isnt allowed in court. It is , and cases are often won only with circumstantial evidence if there is one explanation that ties it all together.

The circumstantial evidence in this case is very very clear and damning. THe NFL botched the PSI reading taking, most likely because they didnt expect it to lead anywhere.. but every thing says one thing..

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Its ok Tommy...Appeal! hopefully you can play through those first four games that your backup probably could have won without you, and then you get suspended during a strech where they really need you :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ringless":2z2rgg8k said:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago Interesting. @judybattista says the sides were moving close to a 1-game suspension settlement. But Brady wanted records sealed. NFL wouldn't
Records he had already destroyed. Hilarious.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
irocdave":2t3uyauw said:
Man, spent a couple minutes on a Pats forum. WOW. Talk about delusional. Supposedly Brady offered an spread sheet (after destroying the phone) with names of people he contacted during the time period in question and that proves he didn't have knowledge of the deflating. Is there really a region of the country that is this stupid? How did they master pushing the "on" button on the computer and navigating the internet? Assistants? Tutors?

One interpreter.......Named "Peggy".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":z4hnyypw said:
Its ok Tommy...Appeal! hopefully you can play through those first four games that your backup probably could have won without you, and then you get suspended during a strech where they really need you :)
He did appeal and lost, I think you meant take it to court?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...-suspension-in-a-facebook-post-122107163.html

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.
Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

Geez, just give it up Tom. If he had nothing to hide on his cell then he would have gladly handed it over to exonerate himself. Instead, he destroys it based on the advice of his attorneys. That's a laughable defense.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my urine sample. I replaced my original urine sample with a new urine sample AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my original urine sample would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to submit my original urine sample would result in ANY discipline.
Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a urine sample to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

Kinda puts it in perspective.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":54lnee34 said:
I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my urine sample. I replaced my original urine sample with a new urine sample AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my original urine sample would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to submit my original urine sample would result in ANY discipline.
Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to Wizzonatorbefore this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a urine sample to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

Kinda puts it in perspective.

Missed one...FIFY

ringless

Reaction score
I hope the NFL stops releasing any more information in regards to this. The more evidence released. The more patriots fans get into a deeper denial and surprise me even more. I get so irritated reading any of their comments. Every time something is released like destroying the cell phone I think to myself. Maybe this will at least create some doubt. Then I read the comments and they see destroying evidence as proof of innocence. It literally blows my mind. I would love to see some sports psychology on this.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
ringless":120tevej said:
I hope the NFL stops releasing any more information in regards to this. The more evidence released. The more patriots fans get into a deeper denial and surprise me even more. I get so irritated reading any of their comments. Every time something is released like destroying the cell phone I think to myself. Maybe this will at least create some doubt. Then I read the comments and they see destroying evidence as proof of innocence. It literally blows my mind. I would love to see some sports psychology on this.

I don't know if it's sports psychology as much as just human psychology. It reminds me of some people who are in a bad marriage to a cheating and lying spouse that they can't or won't leave. The lengths they will go to in order to excuse, justify and ignore the behavior of their spouse (because the alternative is even more unacceptable) is simply incomprehensible to most reasonable people. They get so deep into the self-deception that they won't see the truth no matter what's put in front of them. Example: Bill Cosby's wife.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I got a kick out of Danny O'Neil's take on Boston. Yesterday he said New York, Boston, and Philly are like 3 brothers. NY is the wealthiest and most successful, Philly is the blue-collar one who's toughest, leaving Boston as the academic but underachieving brother who always has an excuse for why he's not as good. :)

NE has had multiple generations born and raised under the Bambino Curse. Now that the Sox have won a few times, that victimhood has turned into "everyone hates the Patriots" and "the NFL is out to get us."

Pretty simple. What's sociologically and psychologically interesting is the outrageousness of the deflections, obliviousness to common sense, and lock-step cult-like belief in anything Tom, Bill, or Bob says.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1xq7l3g4 said:
I got a kick out of Danny O'Neil's take on Boston. Yesterday he said New York, Boston, and Philly are like 3 brothers. NY is the wealthiest and most successful, Philly is the blue-collar one who's toughest, leaving Boston as the academic but underachieving brother who always has an excuse for why he's not as good. :)

NE has had multiple generations born and raised under the Bambino Curse. Now that the Sox have won a few times, that victimhood has turned into "everyone hates the Patriots" and "the NFL is out to get us."

Pretty simple. What's sociologically and psychologically interesting is the outrageousness of the deflections, obliviousness to common sense, and lock-step cult-like belief in anything Tom, Bill, or Bob says.
Most Pats** fans were not aware that their town even had a football team until 2001. It was all Red Sox and Celtics until then. I always take delight in reminding them that their baseball team couldn't win a World Series for almost 100 years until they hired a manager from Pittsburgh.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Just saw bits of Bill's press conference. We all know how he is, but his refusal to utter a simple "yes" to the question, "Do you believe Tom Brady when he says neither he nor anyone in the Patriots organization did anything wrong?" is just ... wow.

I'll never understand how media folks chuckle and say things like "that's great" or "that's my favorite part" when Bill deflects very straight-forward questions about his take on the team's pulse with snide and snarky grumbled one-liners. "Maybe you should check your notes" ??? What a dick.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll use a word from Krafts own mouth to describe the denial of NE fans as well as the Patriots, Unfathomable.......

ringless

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":18zzcbfn said:
ringless":18zzcbfn said:

I don't know if it's sports psychology as much as just human psychology. It reminds me of some people who are in a bad marriage to a cheating and lying spouse that they can't or won't leave. The lengths they will go to in order to excuse, justify and ignore the behavior of their spouse (because the alternative is even more unacceptable) is simply incomprehensible to most reasonable people. They get so deep into the self-deception that they won't see the truth no matter what's put in front of them. Example: Bill Cosby's wife.

Great analogy!

I am interested to see what happens when this goes to federal court. Its not like its a criminal case where it would have to be proven beyond a doubt. I would assume it is more like a civil case (But I could be wrong) where the threshold is much lower. Sure there might not be a witness. But the fact the Patriots had a much greater percentage of drop in air pressure, including the destruction of evidence, the texts, and the prior complaints all would have to surpass the amount of evidence required one would hope.

Also I am wondering if the NFL could sue Kraft and Brady for defamation. I know Patriots players keep throwing that around. However there is no evidence that I can see that anyone said anything negative about him. They just investigated a complaint and filed there founding. Nothing that was said was entirely definitive just that they believe they found evidence of wrong doing. I have no idea why Pats fans think that counts as defamation. However Kraft has came straight out and accused the NFL of being biased, and trying to tarnish the reputation of Brady and the Patriots. SUE KRAFT and BRADY!!! :3-1: