BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Football wise, on the field wise, its silly to argue we are a better team now that Harvin is gone. Rationalization at its best.

Now might we become more efficient? Sure.

Might we end up executing better due to any number of factors? Yes.

I know its not a perfect world, but I would much rather still have Harvin and have him used more effectively than not have him on the roster at all.

As a side note, if the off the field stuff is bad, then all of the above becomes moot. But every team has a couple knuckleheads, so it better be real awful if thats the reason he got sent out.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
edogg23":1f04p2ck said:
This is the worst news I have heard in years as a Seahawks fan. What the hell is this? Are we going to be seeing more Bryan Walters now? Puke!
Trading away Harvin is the worst news you've heard in years?

Idk if you've been watching the Hawks, but based on the draft picks and contract we gave up for him, along with his lack of production, and I would say the worst news in the last few years was that we trade FOR harvin.

Getting rid of him is part of the solution, having him on the team was the problem.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hawkwow, you may have been correct. But at least get your story factually correct. Oh, and BTW, the gators won two national championships with Harvin. But I guess championships aren't the goal.

Ultimately, this is on bevells head. We call him a twat every week for his game calls, and now here we are. But sure, we totally had to change the entire offense because number 11 was catching a pass, and not number 81. Oh, and the defense has been fundamentally poor, and playing like sh1t because of Harvin too, right?

But here's the pat on the back that you want.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
akscoundrel":wnivxbb2 said:
Hawkwow, you may have been correct. But at least get your story factually correct. Oh, and BTW, the gators won two national championships with Harvin. But I guess championships aren't the goal.

Ultimately, this is on bevells head. We call him a twat every week for his game calls, and now here we are. But sure, we totally had to change the entire offense because number 11 was catching a pass, and not number 81. Oh, and the defense has been fundamentally poor, and playing like sh1t because of Harvin too, right?

But here's the pat on the back that you want.

Bevell was behind this trade. I say we fire the twat, Worse game call yet.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawkpower":c4ocovxl said:
Football wise, on the field wise, its silly to argue we are a better team now that Harvin is gone. Rationalization at its best.

I know its not a perfect world, but I would much rather still have Harvin and have him used more effectively than not have him on the roster at all.

As a side note, if the off the field stuff is bad, then all of the above becomes moot. But every team has a couple knuckleheads, so it better be real awful if thats the reason he got sent out.
It's silly to argue we are a better team without Harvin?

I know what the Hawks look like on offense when they run THEIR offense, and I know what we look like when we change everything to run the Percy Harvin offense.

Let me fill you in on a little something, the Percy Harvin offense sucks.

The Hawks are a better team without him, but they should have known that before they traded for him (I did). We are worse than last year because we lost Tate, but we are a better team now that we got rid of Harvin.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":2svgia9r said:
Let's just play this football game shall we?

This game will be over in 10 minutes. The Hawks are going to come out and just crush everything and everyone.

I am much more curious in the long term. This week is a win already

akscoundrel

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":10remcji said:
Hawkpower":10remcji said:

I know what the Hawks look like on offense when they run THEIR offense, and I know what we look like when we change everything to run the Percy Harvin offense.

The Hawks are a better team without him, but they should have known that before they traded for him (I did). We are worse than last year because we lost Tate, but we are a better team now that we got rid of Harvin.

And why did they quit running 'their offense'? Hint, it wasn't a receiver that made them do it. It was a dumbass oc, who tells the players where to line up and what play to run, who changed the offense.

Just because it happens to be number 11 catching a pass, and not number 81, doesn't mean we had to quit handing the ball off to marshawn. Just because its number 11 catching a pass and not number 81, doesn't mean the defense had to be technically poor, making mistake after mistake, and playing like sh1t.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":roknqbw8 said:
bjornanderson21":roknqbw8 said:
:3-1:
irocdave":roknqbw8 said:
I read on another teams forum that AP would wind up in Seattle after the dust settles with his child abuse case / cases. I say NO MORE Vikings players, the Hawks have been abused with taking their players, seriously. Should post a sign at the VMAC entry that the GM and HC touch everyday when they come to work stating NFW are we taking another Vikings player.

Couldn't agree more. We keep taking vikings busts and paying them big money.

We would be a better team if we NEVER had acquired the former vikings.

Enough.
Plus, how many illegitimate AP babies do you want running around Seattle?
Thank you for adding to my fears. You added a whole new dimension to why we should jist say no!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":26sezlf9 said:
Sygollism is the "act of Sarc and Roland bickering in random threads". Please note, we're not at the sygollism point yet, for it to come to fruition Roland must answer Sarcs mating call.

What is with the Sarc nickname? I'm honestly curious. It's like the world's worst state abbreviation.

Also, this thread is amazing, because it's the outlet of all the 2014 frustrations.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3zbmsnbo said:
Hawkpower":3zbmsnbo said:

Really, because I thought I read that our offense is averaging the exact same points per game as last year. And trading harvin doesnt suddenly make Bevell a better play caller. Was Harvin calling the plays too??

And go back and read more carefully. I clearly stated we may end up being more efficient by focusing more on the run, but we could have done that with Harvin on the roster too, and still used him in a more effective role.

Even having on the roster solely as a kick returner makes us a better team than not.

But if he truly was wrecking the team off the field, it probably was the best move. But it doesnt make us a more talented team, maybe just a happier one.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Per Bob Condotta:

One source confirmed a report that Harvin had gotten into an altercation with former Seahawk Golden Tate prior to the Super Bowl that resulted in Tate getting a black eye.

A source also said Harvin had an altercation with Seattle receiver Doug Baldwin in the week leading up to the final preseason game this August at Oakland that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin and each player being excused from practices that week. Harvin, who did not practice for two days prior to that game, did not make the trip to Oakland for what the team said at the time was “a personal matter.”

One final straw, a league source said, came in Sunday’s 30-23 loss to Dallas when Harvin apparently balked at going back into the game in the fourth quarter. Harvin played 26 of 48 official snaps but did not play 11 of the final 17.

So the Tate thing sounds like it really happened and Harvin missing the 4th Preseason game resulted from a confrontation with Baldwin.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1i8trk7b said:
edogg23":1i8trk7b said:
This is the worst news I have heard in years as a Seahawks fan. What the hell is this? Are we going to be seeing more Bryan Walters now? Puke!

Idk if you've been watching the Hawks, but based on the draft picks and contract we gave up for him, along with his lack of production, and I would say the worst news in the last few years was that we trade FOR harvin.

Getting rid of him is part of the solution, having him on the team was the problem.
Having an OC with have a brain that knows how to use a playmaker in his gameplan might have been part of the solution as well.

Everyone knew Harvin was a HUGE PITA going back to his college days. Getting rid of Harvin won't suddenly cure Seattle's offensive woes, If YOU have watched any Hawks games, you'd realize that. To think otherwise is just silly!

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1thttj08 said:
Per Bob Condotta:

One source confirmed a report that Harvin had gotten into an altercation with former Seahawk Golden Tate prior to the Super Bowl that resulted in Tate getting a black eye.

A source also said Harvin had an altercation with Seattle receiver Doug Baldwin in the week leading up to the final preseason game this August at Oakland that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin and each player being excused from practices that week. Harvin, who did not practice for two days prior to that game, did not make the trip to Oakland for what the team said at the time was “a personal matter.”

One final straw, a league source said, came in Sunday’s 30-23 loss to Dallas when Harvin apparently balked at going back into the game in the fourth quarter. Harvin played 26 of 48 official snaps but did not play 11 of the final 17.

So the Tate thing sounds like it really happened and Harvin missing the 4th Preseason game resulted from a confrontation with Baldwin.

Now I'm officially in love with the trade. And how fun will it be to see the Jets trot an epic fail going Wing-T with Harvin and Vick?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ffi4tboh said:
bjornanderson21":ffi4tboh said:
Hawkpower":ffi4tboh said:

Really, because I thought I read that our offense is averaging the exact same points per game as last year. And trading harvin doesnt suddenly make Bevell a better play caller. Was Harvin calling the plays too??

And go back and read more carefully. I clearly stated we may end up being more efficient by focusing more on the run, but we could have done that with Harvin on the roster too, and still used him in a more effective role.

Even having on the roster solely as a kick returner makes us a better team than not.

But if he truly was wrecking the team off the field, it probably was the best move. But it doesnt make us a more talented team, maybe just a happier one.
BINGO! You said it better than I did.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11z5yzz5 said:
bjornanderson21":11z5yzz5 said:
edogg23":11z5yzz5 said:

Having an OC with have a brain that knows how to use a playmaker in his gameplan might have been part of the solution as well.

Everyone knew Harvin was a HUGE PITA going back to his college days. Getting rid of Harvin won't suddenly cure Seattle's offensive woes, If YOU have watched any Hawks games, you'd realize that. To think otherwise is just silly!

Please provide examples that this was Bevell using Harvin incorrectly. Show your work.

(And don't accuse me of being a fan boy because that's an ad hominem fallacy and only proves you have confirmation bias.)

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
According to Bob Condotta Harvin didnt travel to Oakland for final preseason game after getting into altercation with Doug Baldwin earlier in week.

Also according to Bob Condotta, Harvin didnt want to go back in at the end of game Sunday against Dallas.

Wow.

Glad he is gone. :th2thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts