Brian Schottenheimer - future Seahawks Head Coach

chris98251

Reaction score
adeltaY":30hz31n7 said:
chris98251":30hz31n7 said:
oldhawkfan":30hz31n7 said:
Fade":30hz31n7 said:
I would say there is a 99% chance he won't be the Head Coach of the Seahawks.

Here is why.

If he is awesome he will be poached after 1 yr. NFL Teams are desperate for QB guru type Head Coaches. So he will be an NFL Head Coach, just for another team.

-or-

More than likely he will be just okay and not be deemed Head Coach material. In that case he definitely won't get the Seahawks job. Paul Allen likes to hire big.

Just throw him on the pile along with Cable, Bevell, & Richard who were supposed to be the Seahawks next Head Coach according to some around here.

Whenever Pete hangs em up, and it will most likely be his decision because of what he has brought this team, Paul Allen will hire big. Just look at his most successful hires in Holmgren and PC. No more Jim Moras. Whenever the next coaching search happens I fully expect to see an outside hire.

Pederson may be enticed to come across the lake, he won't have to move his family. That is if Pederson thinks he has accomplished what he sought after coming to the UW, his system has proven able to transfer from a lower tier league now to a top tier league.

The next step would have to be the NFL if he has that itch to scratch.

I thought you were talking about Doug Pederson and I got hella excited. Not like it would happen anyway, guy just won a SB and could be Philly coach for a long time.

Well Philly has little patience and if they have a down year anything could happen, he is from Waashington also so that move would not be to far fetched either.

Born: Jan 31, 1968 (age 50) · Bellingham, WA

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ah yes, he is a local boy. Maybe things don't work out in Philly but I'd imagine he's earned at least a three year leash.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":253hylpi said:
How's Eddie Lacy doing?
I’ll stand on my pre-draft Russell Wilson prediction. Funny thing is I got a week ban for saying he would be this franchises best QB. Was told to stop trolling.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
For those who are talking about Brian's last 3 stints go back and look at their QB situations.

He always had a subpar QB or his star QB hurt all the time

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
adeltaY":2okkw5rg said:
Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons

If we’re able to poach DQ it probably means he’s not doing very well anymore

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":p02j834m said:
For those who are talking about Brian's last 3 stints go back and look at their QB situations.

He always had a subpar QB or his star QB hurt all the time

Pretty sure they said that about Greg Knapp, too, when they needed to feel better about hiring him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2k7jvy3q said:
adeltaY":2k7jvy3q said:
Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons

That would be true about any current HC... Its not like Andy Reid was a bad hire for KC because he was doing bad in Philly at the time.

Fade

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3u0o2kfd said:
adeltaY":3u0o2kfd said:
Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons.

Yeah, adding on to that. You can't poach NFL Head Coaches, just Coordinators & Assistants to be Head Coaches, and that is only if they can get permission to talk. The only way the Hawks could get DQ to be the HC. (Who would be a great hire btw.) Is hope he gets fired, or trade ATL a high draft pick(s). ie compensation.

The NFL can poach college coaches all they want though.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Fade":3td9wbze said:
therealjohncarlson":3td9wbze said:
adeltaY":3td9wbze said:
Unless he does a legit 180 I hope not. I'm hoping we can somehow poach DQ back from the Falcons.

Yeah, adding on to that. You can't poach NFL Head Coaches, just Coordinators & Assistants to be Head Coaches, and that is only if they can get permission to talk. The only way the Hawks could get DQ to be the HC. (Who would be a great hire btw.) Is hope he gets fired, or trade ATL a high draft pick(s). ie compensation.

The NFL can poach college coaches all they want though.

Poach was the wrong word my b. I mean when he's done he comes back here

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
No way, Jose!

It's clear, a franchise QB needs an offensive minded head coach with exotic offensive schemes.

I'm sure, whoever is coach next will be an offensive up and coming young talent in the mold of a Sean Payton, Sean McVay, Andy Reid type coach.

That would probably be better for Russ to justify paying him top QB money.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":31l2yxmd said:
No way, Jose!

It's clear, a franchise QB needs an offensive minded head coach with exotic offensive schemes.

I'm sure, whoever is coach next will be an offensive up and coming young talent in the mold of a Sean Payton, Sean McVay, Andy Reid type coach.

That’s what I would do. Not what the Hawks will do.

sdog1981

Reaction score
New ownership group is going for a flashy hire. Some young college coach or OC

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":vxlw6bic said:
No way, Jose!

That’s what I would do. Not what the Hawks will do.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hopefully the Seahawks will not have to think about this for several more years, except of course for contingencies. Carroll says he wants to coach for at least the next four years.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":3fn92o26 said:
sutz":3fn92o26 said:
Actually kind of fits a league-wide "norm" where a defensive oriented HC (Pete) gets replaced with an offensive oriented HC (Schotty) when the time comes. It doesn't always work that way, but I've seen it a lot.

I'm not so sure Pete will retire in 3 years, he still looks pretty energized and motivated. But as they say, we'll see.

There's always the chance, of course, that if Schotty does well, he'll be recruited by some team as a HC, for which we may not be able to protect him.

In general I agree but there were times last season that Pete looked absolutely exhausted and at wits end about WTH was happening around him. Never seen him so stressed myself. Hence the reason Cabevell is gone now IMO.

You shall be equally stressed if you had on field performance issues like can't run the ball. Then you have to dealt with the "come get me", the Sherm dramas. Inmates totally ran the asylum, and all pointing to Pete lost the locker, a fire-able offense for HCs.

Quite sure Paul had words with Pete. Make no mistake, this is Pete's last stand, he wanted to do it or at least go out his way .... the hiring of Norton, a Pete guy, Schotty, a run first OC known to be loyal to HC's visions.

Although it turned out that just a few inmates, not the whole prison, were the trouble makers. Schotty is working out, much to my and everyone's surprise. And man, the defense, performing as good if not better than last season, without all the stars and their dramas. Pete's unorthodox solution to our OL problem ... works although all experts said that it couldn't

Pete Carroll must be on cloud 7 at the moment, advance to cloud 8 if we make the playoff, and 9 if we .....