Status
Not open for further replies.

ivotuk

Reaction score
plyka":30eb8mv3 said:
NoChops":30eb8mv3 said:
-The Glove-":30eb8mv3 said:
NoChops":30eb8mv3 said:
happy for him, hope he finds a job, not on the seahawks. Why would you want a player who would pick a bong over the Lombardy??

Yeah...Thurmond needs to go too. And Bruce Irvin.

yep..WTII needs to go too. Bruce gets a pass. Its one thing to do a drug that increases your performance and makes you a better player. Wrong? yes. Understandable? yes. People cheat. Getting high does nothing for you, your team or your game. You just would rather be stoned than be a champion. And I say that having smoked more dope than all of those three put together. Not gonna risk my job which has two less zeros on it than those guys just for "fun", or relief..take a frikin advil. BB is 29 years old, fully aware he would get randomly tested..grow up.

Your facts are correct but your conclusion is a bit suspect. We are talking about their livelyhoods here, the ability for a man to make a living. You wish to take that away from him why exactly? Because over a 5 year span, he has made the mistake of smoking weed and getting caught twice? He has reportedly been tested HUNDREDS of times since he got back in the league, all of them clean. Then he messes up. Yes, a bad mistake. But he didn't slap his girlfriend in the face, or even worse, knock her out cold with a closed fist like Ray Rice. He didn't kill a man due to an idiotic decision, as others have in this league. What was their punishment?

There is something in this world called common sense. The punishment needs to fit the crime. Getting 2 positive results out of hundreds over a 5 year span for something as you admit is not even cheating, but DAMAGING to your own body, and you wish to punish him to what extent? Take away his entire life?

Plyka, i believe you misread his post them over reacted. Although it may seem that way to some, not wanting these players on the Seahawks does not equate y to an NFL ban.

gargantual

Reaction score
Jeremy517":14n46dwq said:
gargantual":14n46dwq said:
sc85sis":14n46dwq said:
Wondering why Browner is still getting suspended 4 games when he's already missed games at the end of this past season. Shouldn't those have counted towards the suspension?
This was my thought as well. Shouldn't those four games count as time served? My understanding was it went from a four game suspension up to a year suspension (at the next level).

Doesn't that bring it up to being out for eight plus games? I don't remember the exact amount of games he was out, but it was at LEAST four games. I remember some one posting that being out injured still counted as suspended games...

He appealed, so none of the games before his appeal came back counted.

Really? That doesn't seem right. If he won his appeal (he definitely didn't LOSE..... hence no year long suspension) that should mean he's "done the time" already.

At least it would in any reasonable universe.

Laloosh

Reaction score
gargantual":2afprcf0 said:
Jeremy517":2afprcf0 said:
gargantual":2afprcf0 said:
sc85sis":2afprcf0 said:
Wondering why Browner is still getting suspended 4 games when he's already missed games at the end of this past season. Shouldn't those have counted towards the suspension?
This was my thought as well. Shouldn't those four games count as time served? My understanding was it went from a four game suspension up to a year suspension (at the next level).

Doesn't that bring it up to being out for eight plus games? I don't remember the exact amount of games he was out, but it was at LEAST four games. I remember some one posting that being out injured still counted as suspended games...

Really? That doesn't seem right. If he won his appeal (he definitely didn't LOSE..... hence no year long suspension) that should mean he's "done the time" already.

Rog wouldn't agree to deal unless he got his pound of flesh. Brandon will get NFL pay checks next year and that's pretty amazing considering who he's dealing with.

gargantual

Reaction score
I wonder if he still has any grounds to sue for damages? I know that the CBA is supposed to stop players suing the NFL (still don't understand how that works), unless he feels vindicated at some level and is just wanting to leave it all behind him now.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Jeremy517":36jyjn1n said:
dontbelikethat":36jyjn1n said:
Wow that's tough, 4 game suspension and then an additional 4 games with out pay. So that's 13-15 games counting last years games without pay (depending on if he was also getting paid for the SF&NOLA playoff games).

Browner got the money for the NFC title game and the Super Bowl. He didn't lose his appeal until Dec 18, so I think he was only without pay for two games last year.

Forgot he was actually injured & appealed. So then he would be missing 11 game checks from then until now.

2 reg season games & 1 playoff game 2013 and 8 additional games in 2014.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Is it true that the NFL gets his game checks for the first 4 games when he'll be suspended next year? I know he can't play and doesn't get paid but it seems BS that the NFL gets to pocket his game checks. They continue to make money off screwing BB.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
gargantual":20oasjq5 said:
Jeremy517":20oasjq5 said:
gargantual":20oasjq5 said:
sc85sis":20oasjq5 said:

It is no different than any other appeal. If he had been healthy, he could have played until his appeal was decided. So for the games prior to his appeal being decided, he was just injured, not suspended.

lsheldon

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":2uyblutp said:
Is it true that the NFL gets his game checks for the first 4 games when he'll be suspended next year? I know he can't play and doesn't get paid but it seems BS that the NFL gets to pocket his game checks. They continue to make money off screwing BB.

Not quite, he doesn't get paid for the 4 games he's suspended. The next 4 games that he plays he gets paid for but he doesn't get the money, the checks go to the NFL. Good reason for his agent to push for as much money as possible on his next contract to be in the form of a signing bonus. More for him, less for the NFL's grubby mitts.

Whatever team signs Browner won't have to pay him during the first four weeks, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a league source. That team will have pay him for the next four weeks, but that money will be turned over to the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ted-by-nfl

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
lsheldon":22z05u3u said:
ZornwasaleftY":22z05u3u said:

Not quite, he doesn't get paid for the 4 games he's suspended. The next 4 games that he plays he gets paid for but he doesn't get the money, the checks go to the NFL. Good reason for his agent to push for as much money as possible on his next contract to be in the form of a signing bonus. More for him, less for the NFL's grubby mitts.

Whatever team signs Browner won't have to pay him during the first four weeks, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a league source. That team will have pay him for the next four weeks, but that money will be turned over to the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ted-by-nfl

Hopefully they aren't pocketing it and are giving it to charity like they do with fine money.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The extra four games is dumb. Didn't he serve enough time when he missed his teams super bowl season?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ian Rappaport said on NFL am that Browner is done in Seattle regardless.

A

Anonymous

brimsalabim":vxndo1gt said:
Ian Rappaport said on NFL am that Browner is done in Seattle regardless.

I heard that as well.

The FO has spoken (at least to someone).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Even missing 8 game checks, Browner will be fine. He will get a signing bonus from someone that covers that financial hit. He won't have to live on top Ramen for 8 weeks.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wish Browner all the best, as long as it's not with a division foe.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Browner is a repeat offender that can't stay away from his stuff for long periods. For a team to risk having him suspended again, probably forever, he'll have to come cheap, very cheap. The guy is a real dumb ass to risk all he has for a joint. Whether you enjoy weed or not you have to admit the risk reward here is pretty much a no brain-er.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
If we had an injury in the first few weeks and he wasnt signed I would sign him for a cheap deal.

dunceface

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3r79x7tp said:
Browner is a repeat offender that can't stay away from his stuff for long periods. For a team to risk having him suspended again, probably forever, he'll have to come cheap, very cheap. The guy is a real dumb ass to risk all he has for a joint. Whether you enjoy weed or not you have to admit the risk reward here is pretty much a no brain-er.

why do people keep saying "joint"? Joints are for chicks and old guys now...I bet it was a blunt

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
dunceface":1v2p93zk said:
v1rotv2":1v2p93zk said:

why do people keep saying "joint"? Joints are for chicks and old guys now...I bet it was a blunt
Bong.............oh wait, that makes me an old guy too I'll bet. :D
Seriously, I agree with v1rotv2 and I am a huge proponent of legalization throughout the USA and feel marijuana is the most benign consciousness altering substance in the world. But the fact is he knew the rules and did it anyway. "Dumb ass" fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.