Bruce Irvin Is Back for Week 5 right?

C-Dub

Reaction score
Drop that worthless tight end from the Browns. He's got about 10 penalties in a few weeks.

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1onsanm5 said:
We need to see if he can outplay Malcolm Smith at OLB.

He wont have to first week or two. He'll be nickel...and he'll be devastating to opponents. Devastating.

BamKam

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3pn8vp16 said:
BamKam":3pn8vp16 said:
The same Bruce Irvin everyone was complaining about because he was getting man handled by the Falcons O-Line in the playoffs? That Bruce Irvin?

Ban this guy!

Why? Because I don't fart rose pedals and teddy bears? God forbid someone have a different opinion on this board that would be tragic.

I like Bruce, and am excited to see how he does with his new role. I just find it funny how this board was super critical of him and how he got 0 pressure on Matt Ryan and now that he is coming back he will make all the difference in the world for our D.

pehawk

Reaction score
BamKam":krk35wch said:
Evil_Shenanigans":krk35wch said:
BamKam":krk35wch said:
The same Bruce Irvin everyone was complaining about because he was getting man handled by the Falcons O-Line in the playoffs? That Bruce Irvin?

Ban this guy!

Why? Because I don't fart rose pedals and teddy bears? God forbid someone have a different opinion on this board that would be tragic.

I like Bruce, and am excited to see how he does with his new role. I just find it funny how this board was super critical of him and how he got 0 pressure on Matt Ryan and now that he is coming back he will make all the difference in the world for our D.

Well, I was never critical of him because he was playing out of position. If you ACTUALLY think he was drafted to have his hand down every snap, you aint paying attention. He's ALWAYS been groomed to be that Clay Mathews/3-4 OLB rushing LB. Last year he was out there because there wasn't enough talent, period.

Or, what you said, he sucks.

KK84

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2eeoebum said:
BamKam":2eeoebum said:

He was playing out of position. Give him a break. He hadn't played Leo much before that.

Yeah I was gonna say, his responsibilities now are different than when he was trying to fill Clem's shoes.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
BamKam":176d5h1h said:
Evil_Shenanigans":176d5h1h said:
BamKam":176d5h1h said:

Ban this guy!

I'm more excited about our defense being "whole" than I am about the individual player. Like Tate said...it's a family! I just hope Bennett is able to come back right away.

bellingerga

Reaction score
BamKam":1japyd44 said:

By "everyone" you mean what.... 3 or 4 people, maybe?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Ironic that he would return to WVU to get coached up, considering he publicly stated (after the draft) that he never received adequate coaching while at WVU.

Irvin is a fan favorite, but you can bet he's on the hot seat with Pete. I have no concerns about the shape he's in, but is he getting meaningful reps at OLB that will allow him to compete at this level upon his return? I have no reservations about Bruce the situational OLB / pass rusher, but if he is going to become an every down player (and he better), I do have concerns about him falling back into coverage. Should be interesting and I look forward to his fresh legs on the field in Indy.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
you know its going to be someone we aren't expecting Like TUrbin... or Kearse.

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":5uazt4ao said:
I'll get on board with cutting Kellen Davis, he was horrible this week. Can't wait to have Bruce back

Yeah, F that guy. What'd he have today, three penalties? Two back to back? No thanks.

HansGruber

Reaction score
BamKam":omm104at said:

You do know Clemons was out that day right?? Just asking...