OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":od6ysqgl said:
kidhawk":od6ysqgl said:
bigtrain21":od6ysqgl said:
The lists are in alphabetical order by first name.

Did you see the segment? Did they put them in any type of order or just leave ranked by tier?

I actually didn't. I am just making an observation from the screenshots.

That's too bad. I was hoping someone could put the segment into context. I just saw the tweet but haven't seen any corroborating video or article to explain his thought process.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Kinda sorta wonder how Wroggers would do against the Rams. They are still a tough defense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1pcecstb said:
I actually thought those lists were reasonable. To me Wilson is hovering outside the top five right now, but there isn't much separating him from the elite class. Now that Seattle has given him some weapons, lets see how he does.

I do sort of question whether or not Rodgers should be the consensus #1. Instinctually, it feels right. But how many top defenses has Rodgers dominated? He always seems to struggle mightily against Seattle, and the 49ers tend to give him some trouble. Last year the Lions gave him a rough time. So did Buffalo. The NFC North has been, by and large, a horrifically bad division for defense through most of Rodgers' prime. Rodgers does look like the best QB ever vs. an average defense, but he seems to lose more against an elite defense than someone like Big Ben, Tom Brady or Russell Wilson.

When healthy I don't think it's close. Rodgers is IMO the easy choice at #1

The games against the 49ers were lost more because the Packers defense couldn't stop Colin Kaepernick. The Lions and Bills each had a very imposing defensive front 7, and the losses were on the road so I wouldn't put too much into that.

Russ has wins against teams with "elite" defenses, but he's also posted some awful stat lines in those games..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":vcsggpwe said:
Kinda sorta wonder how Wroggers would do against the Rams. They are still a tough defense.

Just 3 years ago he went 30/37 for 3 TD .. in St. Louis.

The Rams defense hasn't significantly changed since 2012.. they've been a pain in the ass for the Seahawks that whole time.. and that was probably the worst game of Russell's rookie season by a pretty wide margin.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29e2tk4b said:
Seahawkfan80":29e2tk4b said:

The Rams defense hasn't significantly changed since 2012.. they've been a pain in the ass for the Seahawks that whole time.. and that was probably the worst game of Russell's rookie season by a pretty wide margin.

This this this this this.

Rodgers lit us up. I have no faith that the Rams will ever beat the Packers while Rodgers is there, home or away.

Wilson? Never scared.

I don't get it. Someone thinks Wilson is top 5?? you see what you want to see I guess.

After last year I put Romo in the top tier. Wilson absolutely belongs in the 2nd tier.

As for the assertion about Rodgers against top defenses - he has struggled, but the only one you can really say consistently gets the better of him is Seattle. And this is the best defense we've seen since the Bears D of the 80s. So that's not too surprising.

Want to guess what Wilson's rating would be against Seattle's D? Luckily the lowest is 0, so it's not too difficult. And yes, even with Nelson and Cobb. Wilson is a nice player....an above average QB. But my goodness he is overrated. The NFCCG against the Packers was literally one of the worst performances by a starting NFL QB I've ever seen.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":19b3h1e3 said:
The NFCCG against the Packers was literally one of the worst performances by a starting NFL QB I've ever seen.

Then I'd suggest you actually watch your own team more often :stirthepot:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2vpfnooa said:
Hasselbeck":2vpfnooa said:
Seahawkfan80":2vpfnooa said:

Rodgers lit us up. I have no faith that the Rams will ever beat the Packers while Rodgers is there, home or away.

Wilson? Never scared.

I don't get it. Someone thinks Wilson is top 5?? you see what you want to see I guess.

After last year I put Romo in the top tier. Wilson absolutely belongs in the 2nd tier.

As for the assertion about Rodgers against top defenses - he has struggled, but the only one you can really say consistently gets the better of him is Seattle. And this is the best defense we've seen since the Bears D of the 80s. So that's not too surprising.

Want to guess what Wilson's rating would be against Seattle's D? Luckily the lowest is 0, so it's not too difficult. And yes, even with Nelson and Cobb. Wilson is a nice player....an above average QB. But my goodness he is overrated. The NFCCG against the Packers was literally one of the worst performances by a starting NFL QB I've ever seen.
Oh brother! Watch the game again and see how many passes were because of Kearse.

This post is loaded with ignorance.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3w1y6h6v said:
Ramfan128":3w1y6h6v said:
Hasselbeck":3w1y6h6v said:
Seahawkfan80":3w1y6h6v said:

Wilson? Never scared.

Oh brother! Watch the game again and see how many passes were because of Kearse.

This post is loaded with ignorance.

The last one I'd put on Kearse. The first 3 I wouldn't. the first one he was tightly covered, and while it might not be 100% on Wilson, you can't just expect a guy to catch the ball cleanly when he's covered like that. I don't see how that post was loaded with ignorance. Just about everyone outside of Seattle would think Romo is better than Wilson......because he is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're on fricken crack if you think Romo is better than Wilson. Why? Because of a great O Line? Great #1 WR and a Hall of Fame TE....and he puts up numbers??? He has ONE PLAYOFF WIN in his entire career. Wilson has a fairly brutal O-Line and runs for his life all day. Has an average at best WR core, and nothing even close to a #1 WR. Yet he has won a Super Bowl, been to 2 Super Bowl's, and in the playoffs every year in the league.

Wins and titles are the only thing that matters. Romo is good, but no way in hell is he better than Wilson :roll:
Wilson should be so lucky to have an O Line like that.

canfan

Reaction score
"you see what you want to see I guess."

I think you were talking about yourself there Ramfan

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":19usenze said:
The NFCCG against the Packers was literally one of the worst performances by a starting NFL QB I've ever seen.
And yet he still pulled out a win against the guy that is considered the top Quarterback of every list, and all without having ANY top tier Receivers to throw the ball to.
You are right in that "people will see what they want to see", but you've also proven that people will ignore certain attributes of the player in question, especially when it doesn't bolster their skewed point of view.
Wilson's QB rating over the last three Seasons, proves that his detractors are full of shit.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kidhawk":3oqzvjms said:
Ramfan128":3oqzvjms said:

Then I'd suggest you actually watch your own team more often :stirthepot:

Ya those throws that Wilson made that bounced off his WR for ints were terrible.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23jdk773 said:
You're on fricken crack if you think Romo is better than Wilson. Why? Because of a great O Line? Great #1 WR and a Hall of Fame TE....and he puts up numbers??? He has ONE PLAYOFF WIN in his entire career. Wilson has a fairly brutal O-Line and runs for his life all day. Has an average at best WR core, and nothing even close to a #1 WR. Yet he has won a Super Bowl, been to 2 Super Bowl's, and in the playoffs every year in the league.

Wins and titles are the only thing that matters. Romo is good, but no way in hell is he better than Wilson :roll:

Also had a better running game..he literally had everything better around him than Wilson this past year haha.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19g7vpuz said:

And Romo would be so lucky to have a defense like Wilson has.

I would take Wilson over Romo, but to say someone else would be on crack to take Romo is absurd. Romo does things that Wilson doesn't. Wilson does things that Romo can't. When comparing the two, deciding who is better depends on what criteria you are basing it on.

The guy had a 113 rating last year. I don't care for him, but he's good.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkpower":29y24uu1 said:
SoulfishHawk":29y24uu1 said:

I would take Wilson over Romo, but to say someone else would be on crack to take Romo is absurd. Romo does things that Wilson doesn't. Wilson does things that Romo can't. When comparing the two, deciding who is better depends on what criteria you are basing it on.

If Romo was actually in that tier he would have more than 1 playoff win. What is his excuse?

Everyone else on that list has multiple playoff wins

Heck apart from Romo only Rivers and Luck dont have a superbowl win. I am also pretty sure everyone but Romo has played in at least the NFC/AFC championship game. Rivers and Luck both lost against the Patriots in their championship games.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":29yihr3d said:
SoulfishHawk":29yihr3d said:

With an outstanding O-Line, a pretty damn good RB, TE, and top tier Receivers?, he'd better have a 113.
Romo would crumble behind the Seahawks Offen-sieve Line.
Romo does things that Wilson doesn't, because he has thesuperior protection that Wilson does not.