Brunell's Top Two Tiers NFL QB

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":lze2pixd said:
Luck and Wilson aren't even close.

This board is the most reasonable to read of all the fan bases in the NFL.......until people bring up Wilson.

He belongs in the 2nd tier and he belongs well beneath Luck.

Using superbowls as a metric is pointless considering this is a TEAM sport; and Wilson has had a FAR better special teams unit, defense, and running game.

People bring up weapons and say that Luck has had it better....or a better offensive line...that is interesting. I've never once read anyone that thinks that the Colts have a good offensive line. They have been utterly incapable of running the football in Lucks first three years....Hilton was a 4th round pick, Wayne was pretty much done last year.

So let's see....on offense, Luck had better WRs, OL is a push at best, although I'd argue Seattle's is better. Seahawks had better running game. So on offense it's basically a push. Anybody going to argue that Indy's D/ST is better than Seattle's for the sake of propping up Wilson???

Stats and W/L records are not the way to judge QBs IMO....scheme and personnel being so different, that's too difficult. The eyeball test tells me Luck is in another class over Wilson....but don't just listen to me, go poll every non Seahawk and Colt fan and see what they say. My guess would be 95% would take Luck. And that would tell you all you need to know. With the talent Seattle has amassed, if you replaced Wilson with Luck, they would have gone 19-0 the last two years and won the superbowl IMO. But then that's why a team as talented as Seattle wasn't in position to land a player as talented as Luck.

You're missing the part where Luck plays the Jags defense, Titans defense, and the Texans defense twice each year while Russell goes against actual NFL defenses. Russell put up some pretty good stats against those AFC South defenses too. Blaming Russell for Indy's poor defense is dumb.

Luck isn't as good as Russell has been when pressured quickly and Seattle's O-line let Russell get pressured early A LOT, so what makes you think that he would actually perform better in Seattle?

If Russell passed the ball as much as Luck, Russell would have more yards, completions, and touchdowns with many fewer interceptions. Simple math and extrapolation was used to figure this out. It's not Russell's fault that other teams have to pass so much.