Budda Baker on the Seahawks

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Baker has a nose for the ball, and can tackle. Probably too expensive as a 1st round pick to have a 3rd Safety of that caliber. With they amount of nickel we play I think he could get a lot of playing time for him without injuries and bring a new wrinkle to our already great defense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cad

Reaction score
Probably not surprising, but JS has been seen at UW games this year. Gotta wonder who's on his list.

McGruff

Reaction score
Wenhawk":5rjqqfn2 said:
Baker has a nose for the ball, and can tackle. Probably too expensive as a 1st round pick to have a 3rd Safety of that caliber. With they amount of nickel we play I think he could get a lot of playing time for him without injuries and bring a new wrinkle to our already great defense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A few years ago they were targeting Mark barron is the first round.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Injuries are starting to mount up for Earl, and who knows where his head is...

Not so crazy of an idea to look at safety now?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I would like Baker but have a feeling that Kevin King is the most likely to be drafted by us.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/805949462724022272[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/805949610782912513[/tweet]

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
In my dreams, the Hawks get Jabril Peppers but no way he is not a top 5 pick. Damn.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/805948747729375232[/tweet]

Wishful thinking. But I don't see that happening. :?

2_0_6

Reaction score
It would probably take more to get Berry than what Earl is currently being paid. I would pass on him, and allocate those funds towards the Oline or getting some of our current players extended.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I like what I've seen from our backup FS. If Earl retires, he can step up and be the guy....whatever his name is :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
cesame":2l0njms8 said:
John Ross is the most electric WR in the PAC 12 since DeSean Jackson

Id take him,,, but Lockett and Richardson are pretty similar to him.

Ross had a great year, but I'm kind of tired of these small speedy guys. We need a bigger target outside IMO.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dynt958 said:
cesame":2dynt958 said:

Ross had a great year, but I'm kind of tired of these small speedy guys. We need a bigger target outside IMO.

Be interesting to see this team with a Mike Evans.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Laloosh":3d4dsp10 said:
Hasselbeck":3d4dsp10 said:
cesame":3d4dsp10 said:

Be interesting to see this team with a Mike Evans.

Wouldn't be fair. Wouldn't be fair.

Unfortunately barring us giving up a ton of draft compensation, we'll never be bad enough to land a Mike Evans like talent because those guys go Top 10 every time.

Fun to dream though.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A luxury 1-st/ or trade down & get an additional 2-nd round pick, could be the slot for a big productive WR, like................
---WR-Corey Davis, W. Michigan, 6-3/213, For 2016-------------------- 91/1427(15.68-YPC) & 18-TD's.

CAREER #'s = 326/5212 & *51*-TD's. (he's a much needed TD machine in the red zone.) *Note*-- the 5212 receiving yards I believe is an FBS all time career record and the 51-TD's isn't far behind the all time career receiving TD record. All great production #'s for any WR ever.
:stirthepot:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2npyzxlc said:
How about Coleman? Love the size and physicalality. Seems to have very respectable burst too. Seems to be a very Seahawky RB to me. Like him much more than Gaskin

I really like Coleman as well. He looks the part so I'm curious to see where his combine numbers end up.

Lots of good posts in this thread. Great read, well done guys.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The Huskies also appear to do a lot of zone run blocking, so Coleman would have some experience with that.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":11v8bbl8 said:
Of all the guys on the huskies roster right now I think Budda Baker is probably the one I'd like on our roster. I think he would be an amazing addition to the LOB.

I think I'm the only one who agrees with you, I think Budda Baker would be the best option for a starter next year assuming Earl retires.

Not convinced John Ross will be great in the NFL.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think BaKer fits us perfectly, and I wouldn't be shocked if we go safety early if the right guy is there.

I also love Coleman for us. His combine will be interesting. If he's a 4.5 guy he's definitely on the radar. If he's a 4.6 guy then probably not.

I think Ross is probably more like Lockett than anyone else.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":cm2y2sbs said:
Not convinced John Ross will be great in the NFL.

For him to be great, he'll have to improve his hands. He doesn't seem to trust them at times, and often turns them the wrong way to catch passes, resulting in more body catches that he should be securing with his hands.

His speed is NFL great. His route running is college great. He has a ton of tools to work with. But it'll be his hands that will take the most work.

At this stage, Ross is probably still the best prospect. Lockett is a good comp. Although I think Ross has another gear that Lockett doesn't have. In particular, Ross has a gear before he hits top speed that affords him greater separation and give him better ability to create a seam to explode for huge plays. Both are quick, but I think Ross has an even greater ability to break away free and clear than Tyler.

Wouldn't be shocked if Ross has even faster top end speed.

What's really shown this year though, is Ross' route running. Very crisp. Very few lazy/rounded cuts. Demonstrates commitment to his craft. Bodes very well for him at the next level.

This draft looks very sneaky good for WR talent.