Buffalo 3-0 against NFC West

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
A good post by pacific101, but the simple matter here is losing a division game on the road doesn't burst any bubbles....and I still don't think Miami holding the Seahawks to 12 points is an absolute fluke.

Buffalo has a defense, and a poor man's 2011 49er offense going for them.

Tight game, home field advantage is deciding factor. Put that game in Buffalo and I'd consider putting money on it.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, don't read too much into the Bills. They will toy with their fan's emotions. They will instill false hope. Then they will disappoint. Even when they had a legendary team made up of Hall of Famers they had the same modus operandi. Now they don't have a great QB, they don't have a great RB, they don't have a great Defense and they don't have a great coach.

There's just nothing to this team that anyone should get excited about. Which is too bad, I'd love to see them represent the AFC in the SB. Honestly, though, they are middling in almost every category.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":16bu88cp said:
Bills can't catch a break. McCoy ruled out for this week after injuring his hamstring in practice yesterday. Could be out multiple weeks.

I'd say they really already caught plenty of breaks.

1. Win at NE after they were down to their third string QB (who left hurt).
2. Caught AZ at home when they were still struggling.
3. Beat LA and SF. Well, LA is a 7 win team. And four of those will come in division. SF is a dumpster fire. So their odds of sweeping those games was very high.

Sucks for them about McCoy. But really their schedule has been pretty kind by circumstance. They are somewhat dangerous but physical teams can put them down. They don't seem a team that is talented enough to maintain their confidence. The Pats should get payback this week and after losing two straight division games -- I don't see them lifting themselves off the mat to beat us here on Monday night. If you take the better defense at home, then Seahawks should roll.

This team should be more like 3-4/2-5 right now. Looks like their record is very much a mirage.

Very confident that Seattle stays on course. I'd be more worried if it wasn't a primetime game. Carroll just knows how to get his team rolling for those contests. May not even be close.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Bills are okay, not great at all.

Rams outplayed them but self destructed/shot themselves in the foot-(per usual) and gave the game away.
Seattle should be able to thump them good.

2_0_6

Reaction score
We all know how Shady McCoy wanted no part of the Hawks defense the last time we played him in Philly.

Ducking tackles by falling down, and running out of bounds to avoid hits. I would bet he is a scratch that day.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2vwrjeee said:
Hasselbeck":2vwrjeee said:
They'll come back to Earth by seasons end. 8-8 still my prediction for the Bills

Only AFC contenders IMO are New England and Pittsburgh with a healthy Ben. The rest are very average, including Denver.

Is Pitt really a contender though? Their defense is still very below average. While the Bills may not light it up on offense, they are very well balanced. They have a good defense, a good running game, and if they can get Watkins back, the passing game should pick up.

I still think Denver is the second team in the AFC behind NE. And before someone talks about how bad their offense is, don't forget they won a SB last year with really bad QB play.

Like I said, with a healthy Ben.. the Steelers can beat any team in the league. Their offense is absolutely filthy when he is healthy. But they have hit the injury bug very similarly to how they hit it last year in the playoffs.

I think Denver has skated by with a cake schedule. They haven't beat a single team that's impressive. Right now they would have faced one probable playoff team in 7 games. They still have four games against Kansas City and Oakland and then the Patriots in Week 15. We will learn a lot more about the Trevor Siemian Broncos in those 5 games.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
I agree that Denver has been overrated.

Can't stand the Siemian hype talk. The name alone is too much for me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
With a healthy Shady, Watkins, Dareus, and Lawson I'd loooove to watch a Bills/Seahawks matchup.

I think the Hawks would win (particularly at home), but I think it would just be a ton of fun to watch.

Tyrod is inconsistent with his intermediate accuracy and I know the following is a totally ridiculous statement, but if you ignore where the ball ends up (LOL -- I know, I know) and just focus on his motion, spiral, arc, etc. I seriously think Taylor throws the prettiest pass in the NFL. Yeah, that doesn't mean much -- Joe Flacco is probably #2 for me on this meaningless metric -- but it just LOOKS really beautiful until you get to the result some of the time. :lol: