Bye bye Bam Bam?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Isn’t setting the edge generaly the responsibility of the DE or OLB?

Steve2222

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2yhb5ie0 said:
Four to Five years ago, Ronnie Lott was saying that Kam was playing like the best safety ever except for Kenny Easley. Even if you were remotely correct in his decline, you'd still be talking about an elite LB. You're not though. He still made plays even in deep coverage even this year. It's a different game when you know what's coming vs reacting. Kam has always played fast, but even if he ran a 4.7 like McDougald, he'd still be a great player. It's one of the reasons why McDougald is good despite being a far lesser athlete in basically every category. McDougald is good. He's just not remotely as good as Kam.

Even still, I go back to not trying to have McDougald try to be Kam. There's no point. You really have to invest in an awesome LB at that point and let McDougald play more of an off SS like you used to see more of. He's just not that guy. You'll need a great athlete of a LB who's also a true football player by nature.

You're just frickin asking a lot. It's not just safety.

We must have watched different games the past two years.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2fkibbss said:
Griffin likely goes undrafted. That plays out well for the Hawks. Although in that scenario I don't know if the Hawks touch him, because of his brother. If he doesn't make it, that takes a toll.

I don't mean to be a jerk, I really don't. The underdog mantra fits and he's got great talent. It's just a huge risk that has a greater effect than just cutting an average UDFA. There would be just such a big emotional investment there. It's risky is all, I guess.

I think the large amount of late picks JS has might help to bring in someone like Griffen. Don't we have 6 5-7th rd picks?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kam’s holdout was about one outsider getting $$. It was about the signing of Cary Williams. He was fine up until then once that took place, things went sour. I think giving Harvin money had some impact too but the Cary Williams signing put him over the top. Chancellor was correct too, Williams should have never got that amount of $$$ period. Another bad decision by the FO.

#31 has a rep of being an enforcer. Receivers get alligator arms at the mere mention of his name. Teams game plan to avoid him. With all due respect to Bradley McDougald, no one is shuddering based on him being back there or his name. Getting lambasted by Kam and tackled by mcdougald are not the same. No one wants to get hit by Kam.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I have a feeling Kam will retire and take a year off. He will then try to make a comeback with a crap team. He will never be the same. It won’t tarnish his legacy but it won’t help. Kam needs to retire. Join the NFL network for a few years and then get into coaching.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Steve2222":2o8f2btf said:
He’s aging and has become a liability in coverage.

Kam was never a gaping problem in coverage. That narrative came from a couple of plays in 2015 where he was the trailing guy in coverage on plays that Earl or the CB/LB were actually responsible for, and the commentator called Kam out because he's the only guy on the screen with only 30 seconds for the commentator to diagnose the play. Commentators are the worst thing for the NFL.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Players in this day sure like to stir up crud on social media.

Post cryptic words or pics and sit back and watch the speculative lunacy.

Happens so often

IndyHawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":f5jhbcev said:
I have a feeling Kam will retire and take a year off. He will then try to make a comeback with a crap team. He will never be the same. It won’t tarnish his legacy but it won’t help. Kam needs to retire. Join the NFL network for a few years and then get into coaching.
If he does that it is with the Hawks..Unless a Lynch type deal is made

original poster

Reaction score
IndyHawk":o440nuz2 said:
zchurch74":o440nuz2 said:

He did say in his Q&A that if he couldn’t play for the Hawks he’d like to play for a team that doesn’t have a ring yet.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":3d75up9d said:
IndyHawk":3d75up9d said:
zchurch74":3d75up9d said:

He did say in his Q&A that if he couldn’t play for the Hawks he’d like to play for a team that doesn’t have a ring yet.

He would be a SCARY addition to the Bills Secondary.

Seymour

Reaction score
Looking at Chancellors contract, his 2018 salary becomes fully guaranteed on 2/9. They will save a few million over his guaranteed to cut him prior to that date, so my guess is his cryptic message was he is done here and walking away. He may have gotten word from Schnieder that that was what they planned to do to minimize the losses to his injury.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A lot of people wouldn't like it, but I'd take a look at Eric Reid if this is all true.

Reid at SS and McDougald at FS, last years picks, and some added competition and that should net us a quality set, some draft picks, and some cap money.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Reid's an incredibly smart player, and a good fit in the scheme.

If I recall correctly in Week 17 this year he received the highest game grade for a safety for the year from PFF.

The nice thing about him too is that although I think he might be a bit better in Kam's spot, he'd be a compentent #2 at single high also, and those are harder to find (e.g. ET3 goes down and you shift over Reid and put someone else at SS).

As for Kam leaving the Seahawks or retiring, he may or he may not, but I don't see that instagram post as having anything to do with that, or being a cryptic message at all. I think he's just posting a picture someone drew of him. That's it.

If I were a Hawks fans I'd also have a lot of pause about McDougald as a long-term replacement.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
There's a lot of stuff going around about Reid getting the Kaep treatment though. That would be good from a contract perspective, but again, a lot of people will sour on that real fast.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hope this isn't what will happen to Kam, but it seems possible -- if not likely -- at this moment in time.

"In Week 5, I got the first stinger of my life," [Buffalo Bills center Eric] Wood said Monday. "I got one the following week. After that game, we did an X-ray on my neck that showed no significant damage. After the season, as part of the exit physical, we got an MRI that revealed a disc that was dangerously close to my spinal cord at C-2, C-3. That was alarming.

"Although I will no longer be cleared to play football, I am still on the Bills' roster and look forward to helping out the team in some capacity."

[Bills General manager Brandon] Beane confirmed that Wood received a second opinion on his neck from a non-team doctor and said he does "not believe" there is a chance Wood is cleared to play again.

Wood remains under contract through 2019 after he signed a two-year extension last August. His $4.8 million base salary in 2018 is guaranteed for injury, and he would count about $10 million against the Bills' salary cap next season if he is placed on the retired list or released. He would have counted about $8 million had he remained playing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2225 ... -cap-issue

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thought I would bump this as we wait til Friday...when his contract is legit for the new season. We will see shortly.

Seahawkville

Reaction score
Yes, bye Kam and Thanks for all you did for the Seahawks. He will be gone, make no mistake.