Bye bye Bam Bam?

original poster

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":25xar41q said:
Thought I would bump this as we wait til Friday...when his contract is legit for the new season. We will see shortly.

Nothing will happen IMO.

Friday ‘could’ be an interesting day, however all the players salaries who guanratee on that day are about as safe as it gets.

Unless, of course, there’s one or two that I’m not aware of.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":2omcuf6t said:
Seahawkfan80":2omcuf6t said:
Thought I would bump this as we wait til Friday...when his contract is legit for the new season. We will see shortly.

Nothing will happen IMO.

Friday ‘could’ be an interesting day, however all the players salaries who guanratee on that day are about as safe as it gets.

Unless, of course, there’s one or two that I’m not aware of.

??
How can Kam be safe when he is said to have a career threatening injury? Even Pete hinted at that. They save a couple million by cutting him prior to his contract date in a couple of days.

I think he's gone too.

original poster

Reaction score
You’re forgetting the $12M in injury guarantees in his contract.

His cap hit for 2018 if he’s cut is nigh on $20M. Not happening.

Edited to add, the exact cap number for cutting him before the June 1st designation is $19.5M.

original poster

Reaction score
The most likely outcome is keeping him on PUP for 2018 and cutting him in 2019.

Gives far more cap flexibility in 2018 that way.

Seymour

Reaction score

original poster

Reaction score
Seattle are just going to have to soak it up and have just over $9.5M of cap space in 2018 wasted.

The extension was just horrible. He would have been an URFA this season and Seattle would have had a lucky escape.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":eyvqio6g said:
Seattle are just going to have to soak it up and have just over $9.5M of cap space in 2018 wasted.

The extension was just horrible. He would have been an URFA this season and Seattle would have had a lucky escape.

Throw away that $10M, throw away our 1st draft pick from last year, throw away Avril, ditch Bennett's contract and get nothing in return, throw away the extra $20+M Wilson makes over our SB season. This team is flat out screwed in 2018.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm not expecting a Super Bowl run, but I'm far from writing off the 2018 season already.

A lot of changes will occur with this team in the coming weeks, it's not unrealistic to think it could work out well for them.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":5a4y49ph said:
original poster":5a4y49ph said:

Throw away that $10M, throw away our 1st draft pick from last year, throw away Avril, ditch Bennett's contract and get nothing in return, throw away the extra $20+M Wilson makes over our SB season. This team is flat out screwed in 2018.

Correction. Throw away the extra $23 million Wilson makes over our SB year.

Wilson's cap hit is $23,786,666 this season! :shock:

His contract is way end loaded (over $25M next year), and that is piss poor management to pull that crap. Now we pay.

original poster

Reaction score
He restructured for (I think) Duane Brown. Or that may have been Baldwin and Russ was for Sheldon, but pretty sure I've got it the right way round.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":3ptb48wq said:
He restructured for (I think) Duane Brown. Or that may have been Baldwin and Russ was for Sheldon, but pretty sure I've got it the right way round.

Pete and John swung for the fences last season and screwed this team. Here is what Wilson did.
A league source with knowledge of the deal told The News Tribune Tuesday morning Wilson has agreed to turn $6.26 million of base salary into a bonus prorated over the final three years of the four-year, $87.6 million extension he signed before the 2015 season.

So they pushed $6.26M of his $$ to 2018 and 2019. What that means is with Wilson alone, we are cap hit with near $10M more in 2018 than we were in 2017. Add Kam in there and ya....go Hawks.

original poster

Reaction score
With his current cap hits for 2018 and 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see him get extended early. I know they don't extend beyond one year away but you can make a case the QB is different.

His price is only going to go up higher and higher each year.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":2mpsb84a said:
With his current cap hits for 2018 and 2019 I wouldn't be surprised to see him get extended early. I know they don't extend beyond one year away but you can make a case the QB is different.

Not going to help. He is going to get $25M + on a new deal, and they would sell their soul to the devil to push over $30M+ later years cap hits to save now.

They are entering a situation now where we are going to have to consider trading Wilson. They have messed up that bad IMO. :pukeface:

A rookie QB contract year was the only way we could win a SB and took all that $$ and bought the highest paid oline in the NFL in 2013 to do it.

Back to a rookie QB contract if we want another IMO.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1s0w498p said:
Trading Wilson....get ready for 6 win seasons, if that.

Agree. It absolutely sucks talking about it. But look at the situation now.

Look at how we won it all too. :3-1:

original poster

Reaction score
Sorry guys I've taken this woefully off topic.

Feel free for anyone to start a RW thread, but lets get back on track.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3uqljkkw said:
original poster":3uqljkkw said:

Not going to help. He is going to get $25M + on a new deal, and they would sell their soul to the devil to push over $30M+ later years cap hits to save now.

They are entering a situation now where we are going to have to consider trading Wilson. They have effed up that bad IMO. :pukeface:

A rookie QB contract year was the only way we could win a SB and took all that $$ and bought the highest paid oline to do it.

Back to a rookie QB contract if we want another IMO.

They went all in on a franchise QB, one that doesnt make him top 5 in the NFL. How would a rookie QB and an O-line (look how that worked for Dallas.. or even the Raiders) work for them in getting to a Super Bowl.

That's not "messing up" (as you meant to call it), that's NFL economics. Only one team has found a way around it.

There are plenty of ways to set your team up for success. To pile it at the feet of the QB salary isn't quite fair. This isnt Madden, at some point you have to play your players

chris98251

Reaction score
To cut Kam he has to pass the Physical, that won't happen now, Wilson could very easily get a Brady type extension with Bonus money and more back loaded money on his next contract.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor remains with Seahawks as salary becomes fully guaranteed
While his playing future is unclear, the injured safety remained on Seattle's roster Friday, making his entire $6.8M salary for 2018 fully guaranteed

http://es.pn/2nXMUFH