Byron Leftwich Anyone?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A buddy of mine mentioned his name. I hadn’t even thought of him. I never see his name mentioned. Thoughts?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd love to have him as a pass game coordinator/QB coach. I included him on my preferred offseason roadmap of hires prior to the Carroll dismissal. Haven't been hugely impressed with him as an OC, but he's a good coach coming from a great QB-centric tree as an Arians protege.

Geologic

Reaction score
I loved him as a quarterback I think he got the short hand, but his recent coaching gigs I don’t want him near us

Scout

Reaction score
Bucs fans malign the guy. Pass.
The truth is that their interior OL is still an issue where they can not run the ball but at leas they figured out both tackle spots. But the Bucs are trending in the right direction if they upgrade their interior OL and add another TE for 2024. This is because Canales wants to run the ball and you need better interior OL to do it.

Leftwich had a malaise of issues happen to his offense in one off season. Future HoF Gronk retired, Brady retired and came back but his head wasn't right due to divorce, All Pro LG Ali Marpet retired. All Pro OC Jensen knee injury out. Then other injuries along the OL and lack of depth. Throw in that the defense wasn't as opportunistic.

Leftwich offense is very predictable in some sense, but if he has all the pieces to work with he is very good at play calling flow. Especially with hurry up offenses and running a spread to keep defenses honest. I think Leftwich big weakness is the old school insistence that you run the ball on first down. But his big strength is working with QBs to incorporate plays that work with the strengths of the QB he is working with.

Latest posts