Camp Fights

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1l4t4p3f said:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2017/08/03/frank-clark-punch-germain-ifedi-ejected-practice-seatte/537330001/

Calling Ifedi's injury "undisclosed"

Pete said he didn't know the extent at all, but did add that he'll be alright.

I think the bigger thing here is that he crossed the line and it will be dealt with behind the scenes. We will probably never know the full extent of how it's handled, but Pete was very displeased with Clark and didn't hide that during his presser.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2gx95p7o said:
This is how you want your players to be. This is a tough sport man.

Pete has kicked players out in the past and still does when they're out of line. When it's the 4th quarter in the game, would you rather have someone like Clark next to you in the fight or some soft d-lineman?

If our players are getting into a fight in the 4th quarter, they're risking getting ejected. Composure is just as important as toughness in this sport

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":w5rtv27v said:
:greetingsearthling: r
ApnaHawk":w5rtv27v said:
This is how you want your players to be. This is a tough sport man.

Pete has kicked players out in the past and still does when they're out of line. When it's the 4th quarter in the game, would you rather have someone like Clark next to you in the fight or some soft d-lineman?

If our players are getting into a fight in the 4th quarter, they're risking getting ejected. Composure is just as important as toughness in this sport

And that is exactly what Pete wants and preaches. He wants the toughness and the aggressive mentality coupled with the ability to hone it in and not cross the line.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":3inbfo5z said:
I understand the heat of competition can get pretty nasty, but the line is injuring teammates. It's one that should never be crossed.

Not only that but fighting during games gets you a penalty or worse, ejected.

The guys need to learn how to control and focus their anger and frustrations.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":z4edx6em said:
kidhawk":z4edx6em said:
I understand the heat of competition can get pretty nasty, but the line is injuring teammates. It's one that should never be crossed.

Not only that but fighting during games gets you a penalty or worse, ejected.

The guys need to learn how to control and focus their anger and frustrations.

That's exactly the example Pete used in his press conference. I'm certain that it being a teammate only makes it worse. Even Bennett says that he is guilty of getting too worked up in practice and crossing lines, but said that doing something that could injure a teammate is over the line.

I'm betting Clark gets an earful, not only from the coaches, but from his teammates as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tough is great, fighting is not acceptable. Especially decking someone not wearing a helmet. How quick Clark forgets where he came from and all the talk about his past when he was drafted.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Not sure if we're blowing this out of proportion because the incident deserves it or because it's the only news we have to talk about at the moment.

Either way, I reckon we need to back up the truck here a moment.

Practices are designed to put people under pressure. Pete balances his players on the knife edge between extreme competitiveness and aggression. Clark stepped over that line and got pulled up for it. That's the pitfall of being on a knife edge - it's an extremely narrow place and it's easy to take a step wrong. The benefit is you hone the players against one another.

You also practice living on that knife edge, so that when you are in the game situation, and it is the 4th quarter, and the game is on the line and everyone is playing as hard as they can, our guys have experience handling the pressure of competition. They practice it so that when it counts they don't make the mistake.

SO this isn't an indication he's going to blow up and be ejected from games. It's just a step too far in a high-pressure environment. Nothing to see here; move along.

kidhawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":8syrwwwf said:
Not sure if we're blowing this out of proportion because the incident deserves it or because it's the only news we have to talk about at the moment.

Practices are designed to put people under pressure. Pete balances his players on the knife edge between extreme competitiveness and aggression. Clark stepped over that line and got pulled up for it. That's the pitfall of being on a knife edge - it's an extremely narrow place and it's easy to take a step wrong. The benefit is you hone the players against one another.

You also practice living on that knife edge, so that when you are in the game situation, and it is the 4th quarter, and the game is on the line and everyone is playing as hard as they can, our guys have experience handling the pressure of competition. They practice it so that when it counts they don't make the mistake.

SO this isn't an indication he's going to blow up and be ejected from games. It's just a step too far in a high-pressure environment. Nothing to see here; move along.

From Pete's presser, he felt it was a big deal. Practices with Pete are meant to simulate real game environments. If you can't handle those, you are less likely to handle real game situations. I wouldn't ask for us to cut the guy or anything, but he definitely crossed a line. you just don't do things to purposely injure teammates...ever

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ACFan":2cvwzz98 said:
It's all fun until someone gets hurt.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Broken Hand for Clark. Broken jaw, nose, orbital bone whatever for Ifedi.

We NEED both of these guys. Knock this crap off.

Also cheap shot much clark?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":26cuxb4s said:

I don't think we need to backup at all. It is now being described as a sucker punch thrown by Clark, and after an altercation that did not even involve them.

If that is the case I'm going to overdrive. Sucker punching your own teammate (if it proves to be true) is out of control rage, and Frankly Frank....it is quite chicken shit.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Michael Bennett, to his credit, said in his press conference that a line had been crossed and that he was going to tell Clark to apologize to Ifedi. Hopefully everyone else takes this as a learning experience.

And yeah, Pete tried to be his usual upbeat self in that press conference, but he was pissed and it showed.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":dref2wu6 said:
ACFan":dref2wu6 said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Come on man! You hear this or is this just "for example" stuff?

You posted as fact the way I read this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it's too bad he's such a hot head. I suspect they believe he can take over for Bennett or Avril down the road. He clearly has a ton of talent and can be a beast. But can he be trusted to not fly off the handle?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hnocnq4 said:
And it's too bad he's such a hot head. I suspect they believe he can take over for Bennett or Avril down the road. He clearly has a ton of talent and can be a beast. But can he be trusted to not fly off the handle?

Clark hasn't had an over abundance of personal foul penalties on the field.

Obviously he hasn't had the best camp so far with this nonsense...........but when the snaps count he's been one of our best players the past two years, especially last year. He was a monster.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seymour":kvky68bj said:
gowazzu02":kvky68bj said:
ACFan":kvky68bj said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Come on man! You hear this or is this just "for example" stuff?

You posted as fact the way I read this.

Sorry if thats how you read it. But that's not how it was typed.

I replied to its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

I said Exactly to that. Then I listed off all the possible injuries that could of occured from a sucker punch......