Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":tk5b7xvw said:
Seymour":tk5b7xvw said:
gowazzu02":tk5b7xvw said:
ACFan":tk5b7xvw said:
It's all fun until someone gets hurt.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Broken Hand for Clark. Broken jaw, nose, orbital bone whatever for Ifedi.

We NEED both of these guys. Knock this crap off.

Also cheap shot much clark?

Come on man! You hear this or is this just "for example" stuff?

You posted as fact the way I read this.

Sorry if thats how you read it. But that's not how it was typed.

I replied to its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

I said Exactly to that. Then I listed off all the possible injuries that could of occured from a sucker punch......

No worries I figured that, just tying to keep facts straight. I can about promise you a skimmer will read that and go tell someone else Clark broke his hand.

cymatica

Reaction score
mikeak":23zdya62 said:
At least this time he hit a man...........

Losing his cool and punching a team mate kind of makes you wonder if he has a history...

ivotuk

Reaction score
King Dog":2q94uib1 said:
Lol

Curtis Crabtree‏ @Curtis_Crabtree 46m46 minutes ago
Massive skirmish between OL and DL drills after Rodney Coe hip tossed Will Pericak over/through a water dispenser.

This is a big problem. These are supposed to be your team mates, you don't want to injure them. Which is what the above action could have done.

It still pisses me off that Philly's defensive lineman flipped Okung over his hip while pulling on his arm and put him out for the season. With zero repercussions against the Eagles or their player.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Didn't realize he actually punched him like that. That's too much.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
eh...odds are they won't remember this a week from now as they prepare for the 1st preseason game. Clark has been a model citizen in the regular season, so i'm not worried.

LolaRox

Reaction score
The guys on 710 (Danny Dave...) just described what they saw - sounds like Ifedi was sort of an agitator to Frank earlier in 9/7 or 7/7 run drill (hitting late/hard and pushing Frank in the back while he was walking away) and they had some back and forth.

Then later in the OL v DL drill, the Coe - Perciak hip toss incident started the larger fracas where more players were involved, Frank and ifedi then had additional words and Frank punched him. Danny said 'he didn't think it was sucker punch because Frank and Ifedi were engage so it's not like Ifedi didn't see it was coming'. Dave added that it was alarming mostly because they weren't wearing helmets and Ifedi appeared hurt.

I don't know what happened, just adding what was said on the radio.

I'm not surprised. Pete likes to have his team on the edge (as others have said). It's like having a simmering pot, occasionally the pot boils over and that's the point you know to turn the heat down.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
A fine line between aggression and stupidity.

Hopefully this doesn't fester.

Save it for the enemy...

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
This was Pete's quote from yesterday:

“Our players are trying to draw the best they can out of the guy across from them. They know, in practice, they have to bring their best. Each guy is practicing at his best, and in turn, he’s drawing the best out of the guy across from him. They all know that. We encourage the challenge mentality—getting the best out of each other. However, we also talk at great length about the responsibility that they have to be poised so they don’t go too far, and that they don’t disrespect anyone. If it goes beyond too far, then we’re all over it. But we’re going to that edge, all the time.”

So it went too far, and they got all over it. That's all this is.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Not saying what Clark did was right but the only thing Ifedi does well is start fights... he's a budding HOF'er at that. He needs to focus on learning to block. Not instigate fights with his teammates.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1a6a1lk8 said:
Not saying what Clark did was right but the only thing Ifedi does well is start fights... he's a budding HOF'er at that. He needs to focus on learning to block. Not instigate fights with his teammates.

Frank Clark was also involved in a scrum earlier in the week with Joekel so let's not at like he's innocent. At the end of the day it went to far but it's over. Chew Frank Clark a new one, make him apologize and more on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
getnasty":1qfy9cmu said:
hawkfan68":1qfy9cmu said:

Frank Clark was also involved in a scrum earlier in the week with Joekel so let's not at like he's innocent. At the end of the day it went to far but it's over. Chew Frank Clark a new one, make him apologize and more on.

This was from last season's TC regarding Ifedi - looks like he's doing the same this year too. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-out-of-seahawks-practice-after-altercation.

Yes, other players need to handle it better but Ifedi doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3lvdxe6o said:
getnasty":3lvdxe6o said:
hawkfan68":3lvdxe6o said:

This was from last season's TC regarding Ifedi - looks like he's doing the same this year too. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-out-of-seahawks-practice-after-altercation.

Yes, other players need to handle it better but Ifedi doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.

Who says Ifedi is making mistakes? These guys practice at game level. Ifedi is aggressive but he has yet to be kicked from a practice (as far as I know). Pete likes his guys to be aggressive and push that line to the limit without crossing it. Ifedi seems to do that pretty well (at least in practice).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GLio14":3j0b6t34 said:
I don't know what to think. Ifedi really gets under the skin of the defensive linemen, but Clark just punched his teammate in the face.

All I can do is shake my head I guess.
I like Clark's aggressiveness in REAL games, BUT, punching a fellow Teammate in training camp? is chicken shit, and uncalled for.
Sounds like everybody on BOTH sides of the ball are giving it their all for the BETTERMENT OF THE TEAM...Hot headed reactions should be met with a firm hand.
Billy Billicheat comes down hard on his players that lose their composure.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":nt7l0438 said:
This was Pete's quote from yesterday:

“Our players are trying to draw the best they can out of the guy across from them. They know, in practice, they have to bring their best. Each guy is practicing at his best, and in turn, he’s drawing the best out of the guy across from him. They all know that. We encourage the challenge mentality—getting the best out of each other. However, we also talk at great length about the responsibility that they have to be poised so they don’t go too far, and that they don’t disrespect anyone. If it goes beyond too far, then we’re all over it. But we’re going to that edge, all the time.”

So it went too far, and they got all over it. That's all this is.
Exactly what I would have posted had you not already, that exact quote is on my clipboard now.

Agree 100%

IrishNW

Reaction score
Ifedi likes to ride that line and get under guys skin, reminds me of Breno. Clark however is more of a lose cannon. He needs to get this under control or its going to cost him and this team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3hn2wvru said:
getnasty":3hn2wvru said:
hawkfan68":3hn2wvru said:

So Ifedi should be the whooping boy for the attacking Defense???
As I see it, Ifedi doesn't cotton to taking shit from the Seahawks All Star Defense, ain't that what we want from ALL our Offensive Linemen??????.
What I'm not hearing from all the O-Line detractors, is that the O-Line is making big strides towards getting better at protecting Russell Wilson, and blowing holes for our RB's to run through.
Doing what they need to do to progress to the next level, and quell all the negative bullshit about their ineffectiveness.
What with all the Defensive players that we have brought in from the Draft and FA, many folks here are excited, and anticipating how good the Defense just might be this Season, and I am one of Y'all, but speaking frankly, I want to see some O-Linemen take it to the next tier, because I guarantee you, our NFC WEST rivals are going to come out swinging hard, so our Offensive Line will need to Ifedi at every position, eh?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
If we had an Ifedi at every position, we'd be screwed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1yy4570g said:
hawkfan68":1yy4570g said:
getnasty":1yy4570g said:
hawkfan68":1yy4570g said:

So Ifedi should be the whooping boy for the attacking Defense???
As I see it, Ifedi doesn't cotton to taking shit from the Seahawks All Star Defense, ain't that what we want from ALL our Offensive Linemen??????.
What I'm not hearing from all the O-Line detractors, is that the O-Line is making big strides towards getting better at protecting Russell Wilson, and blowing holes for our RB's to run through.
Doing what they need to do to progress to the next level, and quell all the negative bullshit about their ineffectiveness.
What with all the Defensive players that we have brought in from the Draft and FA, many folks here are excited, and anticipating how good the Defense just might be this Season, and I am one of Y'all, but speaking frankly, I want to see some O-Linemen take it to the next tier, because I guarantee you, our NFC WEST rivals are going to come out swinging hard, so our Offensive Line will need to Ifedi at every position, eh?

Starting fights in practice don't equate to opening holes in the running game and making strides on OL. More people are making Clark to be the bad guy when repeatedly it's mentioned that ifedi is involved with a lot more fighting than anyone else. When there's a fight in Seahawks practice I'd bet 99% of time Ifedi had a hand in it.