Can we please get Eric Reid

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3667lts9 said:
Tart?Never heard of him..

Jaquiski tartt 1024x576

[youtube]zMPOR5D7dZg[/youtube]

Edit: Worth saying that I'm not nearly as locked in on Tartt being a stud as most 9ers fans are. He looked very good for the 10 games he played last year before getting injured. 10 games is 10 games, though. If across this next season he can replicate or improve on what he did across 10 games last year, then yeah, I'll fart for Tartt as loud as anybody.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":4ba141xh said:
IndyHawk":4ba141xh said:
Tart?Never heard of him..

Jaquiski tartt 1024x576

[youtube]zMPOR5D7dZg[/youtube]

Edit: Worth saying that I'm not nearly as locked in on Tartt being a stud as most 9ers fans are. He looked very good for the 10 games he played last year before getting injured. 10 games is 10 games, though. If across this next season he can replicate or improve on what he did across 10 games last year, then yeah, I'll fart for Tartt as loud as anybody.

Fair enough, but I don't think there is any debate that his presence is a big reason why the 49ers aren't making a big effort to resign Eric Reid.

Tartts problems for a few years have been simply that the 49ers have too many safeties (Tartt, Reid, Ward, and now Colbert). Its another reason why I scream whenever I see a safety forecasted to the Niners at 9.

Even this past year...Reid started the season ahead of Tartt. Reid got hurt and couldn't get his starting job back until Tartt got hurt.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^

Yeah, my hesitation on Tartt has nothing to do with the plain fact that they’re letting Reid walk because of him.

And agreed on safety at 9, although them moving Ward back over to CB dents my armor a tad on hoping they don’t go safety there. I’d still prefer for them to not go safety at 9, but two guys who in total have about 16 games of good play between them (and without anything of worth behind them) makes me think that safety could definitely be in the cards.

Like the NN guys I’m hoping for Smith, as I don’t like M. Smith at all, and depending on Foster he and smith could either make an awesome duo or Smith could slot in as their 3 down MLB in the case of a Foster implosion.

rlkats

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2vyqabx1 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NinersNation/status/983415593519984640[/tweet]

I really hope they sign him. He is a solid player and a good teammate

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Eric Reid is an OK player. His great year or years if you wan to call it that were when he had an elite front 7 in front of him providing a lot of pass rush. In recent years the pass rush dropped off a lot and so has Eric Reid. Well you could say the front 7 effects every secondary guy and it does. But I don't think this guy is great on his own. He needs quite a lot around him. He has concussion concerns and some injuries as others mentioned. As a 49ers fan I would rather keep him because I think we would be thin and have less experienced guys at that position if he was gone. But he is far from perfect. He is far from an instant plug in star IMO. If that is what you are expecting I think you would be disappointed.

I honestly don't know how good he really is? He hasn't had a great team around him in recent years. That would be an understatement. Plus he has battled injuries. They even have shifted him around to different positions at times where he is less comfortable playing. So in some ways the scheme and what they have asked him to do doesn't fit him. There are just a lot of things with him. But I think people can get too over hyped about Eric Reid in general.