Carroll says Jared Allen deal still pending - ALLEN TO BEARS

Laloosh

Reaction score
This topic easily rivals the Percy Harvin threads of 2013.

dunceface

Reaction score
Laloosh":15x4gsxn said:

Ahhhh the good old days....I would say there's more "meh" than whining in the Allen threads

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Laloosh":3vicgv1m said:

We should cut that guy, he's a bum. Totally faking his injuries too. :th2thumbs:

zifnab32

Reaction score
HansGruber":3q36t70j said:
$6 million per, and he's gotta think about it? No wonder the guy is unemployed.

Ware got 10 million a year, and the rumor was that if Ware turned down Denver they were going to offer the same contract to Jared Allen

HansGruber

Reaction score
zifnab32":3k7arord said:
HansGruber":3k7arord said:

Ware got 10 million a year, and the rumor was that if Ware turned down Denver they were going to offer the same contract to Jared Allen

Yep. That's what happens when your ego conflicts with reality.

Word is that he was looking for 15/yr. That's just dumb.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
zifnab32":io4ldmal said:
HansGruber":io4ldmal said:

Timing and options is a strange thing, what he could've gotten IF something else happened isn't what is necessarily available today. So clinging to that 10 mill dream is a good way to find yourself not playing, but stranger things have happened so we will see. He's made a lot of money but if you're expecting 10 and getting 6 that's a steep hit to the paycheck. I couldn't imagine expecting 100k a year and being happy about 60k in my workplace. I'd be thinking hard too.

rcaido

Reaction score
If we can get Allen for 6million a year ill be pretty happy with that...

mikeak

Reaction score
zifnab32":3447bwzw said:
HansGruber":3447bwzw said:

What was reported is that they did offer that. They put both offers in the table and pulled the one once Ware signed. Elway has done this to multiple people in the past and even pulled offers despite not signing someone. He wants to build a culture where people sign or know the offer is gone.

Link: http://fansided.com/2014/03/12/nfl-rumo ... -contract/

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":29qkq7uy said:
The word "extensions" gives me more pleasure than any news regarding Jared Allen will.

Why?

Do you own a hair salon?

McStain

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rst2ne6 said:
McStain":3rst2ne6 said:
If those two are involved? Yes.
Clearly you would know, mister first post.

My apologies on the ambiguity of my post. I spoke for myself, not for you.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3243z7qe said:
HansGruber":3243z7qe said:
This time you're spot on if that's true. I don't get why money would be such a huge priority to him at this point it makes me think other factors must be in play.

Yea, this is confusing to me as well. It's one of the few times we've seen a guy already make a pile of cash in his career and for some reason is holding out for every last dime, especially a guy that hasn't had a lot of playoff success or a SB visit. By all accounts Allen is a competitor...one would think he would at least want the best chance to at least get there to experience that before he retires.

It's not like anyone is offering him league minimum.

rigelian

Reaction score
All of this could do with something completely different than football. His wife may want him to quit. He might want to live in a warm weather city. Then again, money is a measuring stick to a lot of these guys and he's insulted that Ware got his money. We're on the outside looking in and have no way to know what is driving his indecision.

jblaze

Reaction score
I just think his pride is hurt by this. He obviously thinks he deserves much more and his ego is taking a major hit on this.

I think he's contemplating retiring right now. It's either the Hawks or retirement imo. He's no longer in a position of leverage so he has to come to terms with the twilight of his career being what it is.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jeeze, this board just reeks of todays youth with their instant gratification. "he hasn't signed it yet, pull the offer, and while were at it let's get the pitchforks out!!!!!"

Good lord people. It's a pretty big decision in the guys life, Either he picks up his family and moves them cross country to Seattle and plays for a below market deal ((compared to what ware and peppers got). Or he can retire and move on with his after football life.

I assume he's been smart with his money, so its not imperative he has the football contract money coming in. He plays a very physical position and let's face it, he is getting up their in years.

But No he should rush his decision so Randomhawkfangirl and johndoehawkfan can get their instant gratification..........

end of rant

Laloosh

Reaction score
gowazzu02":226m2met said:
Jeeze, this board just reeks of todays youth with their instant gratification. "he hasn't signed it yet, pull the offer, and while were at it let's get the pitchforks out!!!!!"

Good lord people. It's a pretty big decision in the guys life, Either he picks up his family and moves them cross country to Seattle and plays for a below market deal ((compared to what ware and peppers got). Or he can retire and move on with his after football life.

I assume he's been smart with his money, so its not imperative he has the football contract money coming in. He plays a very physical position and let's face it, he is getting up their in years.

But No he should rush his decision so Randomhawkfangirl and johndoehawkfan can get their instant gratification..........

end of rant

:les: