Carter, Levis, or trade down?

James in PA

Reaction score
Assuming Stroud, Young, Anderson and Richardson are the first 4 players drafted, what do you do if you're the Seahawks at 5?

Select Carter?
Select Levis?
Select another player?
Trade down?

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Select Jalen Carter. Best player in a position of need
Gotta agree. He's controversial but arguably the best player in the entire draft. would love to see what John does if the cards trade their pack and both Carter and Anderson are still on the board.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Carter or Tyree Wilson.

Don't sleep on the hawks taking a corner though.
At 5? Not to be rude but I really hope not that high.

With one of their fifth round picks where they seem to strike gold, I'd be down for that. If they can find some 6'4" kid from Spokane Community college or something I'm all for it

irfuben32

Reaction score
I have a feeling Levis will go number 1. Frank Reich just seems like a guy who go for the typical NFL Qb. I vote draft Carter and then turn around and grab Nolan Smith at 20.

Yes, Carter and Nolan Smith would be great

massari

Reaction score
Corbin Smith:

While Schneider hasn't delved specifically into the ill-fated McDowell pick and didn't discuss it on Tuesday, it's evident the Seahawks have placed a greater emphasis on the character element of player evaluation since then. They haven't taken chances on prospects with red flags, instead stockpiling mature rookies and preferencing former team captains, including second-round pick Boye Mafe, third-round pick Abraham Lucas, and fourth-round pick Coby Bryant in last year's decorated class.
Along with overhauling how they seek out answers on the character of prospects during a draft cycle, Schneider individually has pledged not to force the issue to fill a position of need. Back in 2019, after a bunch of pass rushers came flying off the board in quick succession in the first round, Seattle may have panicked picking Collier with the 29th overall pick simply because of the position he played.

I was glad when they got McDowell in the 2nd, but would be pretty disappointed if they picked Carter at #5.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Jalen Carter, he doesn't scream Seahawk to me. Carroll explicitly said that McDowell changed how the Seahawks grade prospects. I think he's very overhyped here just by virtue of his position. Carter's always had a inconsistent motor and he played less than half of the snaps last season.

He was called out for his conditioning by his coach a year ago and here we are one year later and it's just as bad on the eve before the NFL draft. Then we get wind of him playing the fool with his friends and reports from McShay of Carter being a character concern (before this happened mind you).

When he faced Ohio State he got bodied and looked like JAG. I'm not a fan of Carter. I wouldn't be surprised if he was completely dropped off of Carroll's board. He doesn't seem hungry.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Im not sold on Carter either. About the only prospect I'm truly sold on is Washington. Dude is a monster. After that,everyone is a big question mark. I don't envy Pete and John.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Not sold on Carter who seems pure hype. I've watched some of his games and went away wondering why is he getting all this hype. Stats indicate he's not special even when compared to other DTs, and plays limited snaps ( conditioning) about half the snaps Anderson has. He usually becomes gassed and has to be brought out of games because he's a fat ass too lazy to work on conditioning and he's immature. Now the legal issues. Let someone else take the risk.