CBS Mock Draft with Trades

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Just read this mock and I have to say, they did a pretty good job. Here's the mock: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-trades-and-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

ROUND OVERALL PLAYER NOTES
1 21 to Kansas City
1 29 CB Byron Murphy, Washington from KC*
2 63 to Baltimore from KC*
3 84 DE Anthony Nelson, Iowa
3 85 WR Riley Ridley, Georgia from BAL*
4 113 FS Marvell Tell III, USC from BAL*
4 124 to Kansas City
5 159 to New York Jets
6 174 OT David Edwards, Wisconsin from NYJ/ARI*
6 214 TE Tommy Sweeney, Boston College from KC*
7 217 RB Karan Higdon, Michigan from NYJ*

I like getting a replacement for Coleman with Murphy in round 1, it fills our biggest offseason loss (Earl doesn't count, I feel he was already lost). Ridley in the 3rd round is good value and a Baldwin insurance policy. Tell could start over Thompson immediately or atleast later in the season. The Nelson pick didn't excite me but mostly because I didn't know who he is. After reading about him, don't love the pick but don't hate it. DT Trysten Hill or OLB D'Andre Walker would have been a better picks IMO. Edwards seems like a wasted pick. TE Caleb Wilson, TE Kaden Smith, OLB Dre Greenlaw and TE Trevon Wesco are all still on the board after Edwards pick. The last two picks I also know nothing about but I would be nice to go TE earlier (like with the Edwards pick) and address DE and QB instead.

cheese22

Reaction score
I like that this guy actually thought out more than the first and second rounds. This mock looks very realistic from a Seahawk viewpoint.
As far as the picks, I wasnt crazy about Nelson either until researching him more. He actually moves pretty well for a big end and has some nasty which is nice. I like Tell but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make him the next CB project after the success last year with Flowers. I think Wesco is the most underrated TE this year and would love to see him or De'Andre Walker or Hill instead of Edwards.
I think last years draft really shows up this year. Ford, Martin, Greene I think continue to improve on small bursts last year. Obviously Dissly getting healthy is huge but Jones might be an unsung player that helps too after being injured. The coaches really seem to like him a lot.
Murphy, Ridley, Nelson would be contributors right away imo because of their experience playing at a high level against the best all year.

toffee

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1yik2dm7 said:
Just read this mock and I have to say, they did a pretty good job. Here's the mock: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-trades-and-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

1 21 to Kansas City
4 124 to Kansas City
5 159 to New York Jets

I like getting a replacement for Coleman with Murphy in round 1, it fills our biggest offseason loss (Earl doesn't count, I feel he was already lost). Ridley in the 3rd round is good value and a Baldwin insurance policy. Tell could start over Thompson immediately or atleast later in the season. The Nelson pick didn't excite me but mostly because I didn't know who he is. After reading about him, don't love the pick but don't hate it. DT Trysten Hill or OLB D'Andre Walker would have been a better picks IMO. Edwards seems like a wasted pick. TE Caleb Wilson, TE Kaden Smith, OLB Dre Greenlaw and TE Trevon Wesco are all still on the board after Edwards pick. The last two picks I also know nothing about but I would be nice to go TE earlier (like with the Edwards pick) and address DE and QB instead.

This Byron Murphy? (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/byron-mur ... f178b58b0b)
He didn't have the height, long arm, big hands that would be prototype Pete Carroll CB.

OP
OP
dutchcoug

dutchcoug

Reaction score
toffee":1llzltci said:
dutchcoug":1llzltci said:

1 21 to Kansas City
4 124 to Kansas City
5 159 to New York Jets

This Byron Murphy? (https://www.nfl.com/prospects/byron-mur ... f178b58b0b)
He didn't have the height, long arm, big hands that would be prototype Pete Carroll CB.

He would be playing nickel, not on the outside. Coleman is listed at 5'11", not sure about his hands and arm length though. Trust me, I hate the Huskies, but I recognize that he would be an upgrade over Coleman and would cause some turnovers.