Center

nolachawks

Reaction score
I had some issues with the streaming quality of the game and forgot to pay close attention to center. Can anyone tell me who played the majority at center yesterday LJP or Lewis? And any thoughts on how they looked. Appreciate it guys and gals. GO HAWKS!

kidhawk

Reaction score
I watched to see who was playing early in the game and it was Lewis. I didn't track the entire game though. Usually the snap count comes out on the news tribune seahawks blog the day after the game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yes, Lewis took all the snaps. Here's a list of the snap counts. The entire offensive line was in for every play together except one play. Apparently Okung missed one snap and Gilliam played that snap. I didn't see it, so I don't know what happened there.

snapcountsAZ1.jpg

AgentDib

Reaction score
Okung lost his shoe on the previous down. He went to the sideline and got help from a couple of guys to put it back on, then came back after missing one play.

kidhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":r9yvh4m3 said:
Okung lost his shoe on the previous down. He went to the sideline and got help from a couple of guys to put it back on, then came back after missing one play.

Thanks. I figured it had to be something like that. I would have thought I would have heard or seen something had he been injured and HAD to miss a play before coming back in.

Jville

Reaction score
Veteran Lemuel Jeanpierre spent his first game back brushing up and interacting with newbees. Good to see him back on board.

tempFIECHTNER-141123-109--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempFIECHTNER-141123-110--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempFIECHTNER-141123-104--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Ozzy

Reaction score
So is Lewis starting this week?

Jville

Reaction score
austinslater25":15ypa08e said:
So is Lewis starting this week?
Last I heard, they answered with a wait and see response.

I like what I have seen out of Patrick Lewis. I think they may have found some uniqueness in Lewis. He brings a little different look to the center position. I am also fully confident in the play of Jeanpierre and appreciate his experience and contributions.

EDIT: from Seahawks.com 11/25 practice report ..... "Lemuel Jeanpierre got a lot of work at center with the No. 1 line. He was limited to special teams against the Cardinals after being re-signed last week."

nanomoz

Reaction score
Having Lem back gives me so much comfort. Lewis getting experience doesn't hurt, however.

That said, this line is sooooooooooo much better with Unger lately. It's night and day.