Charbonnet will be RB1?

toffee

Reaction score
Do you agree with this youtuber's prediction why Charbonnet will replace K9 as our RB1?

If both are healthy and Charbonnet can out perform K9, I am open to Charbonnet as our lead back.

NoGain

Reaction score
No I don't. K-9 ran for over 1000 yards, was on the all rookie team, close to being the NFL offensive rookie of the year, and the guy was a threat to break off big chunks of yardage every time he carried the ball. It's fantastic to have Zach on the team, I really like him, and along with Macintosh and DJ we have some killer depth now. But until proven otherwise, RB1 is K-9. Why piss him off and mess with a good thing? Zach will get his carries and opportunities.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I can't see anyone with the name "Charbonnet" being better than Walker. Too soft sounding. Too French. Makes me want to drink wine.

K9 has a year under his belt. He's caught up to the speed of the game. The holes will get bigger and hesitation will decrease. If he stays healthy, he will be our leading rusher by leaps and bounds.

That said, I hope Zach kicks tail this year as well.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
Charbonnet wasn't even the best RB we drafted this year

Waste of a pick, should have drafted Trenton Simpson

rjdriver

Reaction score

Dang bro..

Shouldn't we at least let him fail before casting aspersions...

I agree that Kenny M. was a steal and would have put up better numbers in another conference, but this current franchise relies on backs. We need three good ones. Give the boy a chance.

keasley45

Reaction score
Walker was RB2 to Penny. I could absolutely see a scenario where Charbonnet gets the consistent workload and Walker becomes something more than RB2, but is not the everydown guy.

Walker doesn't show the patience to move the chains consistently. If you subtract his homeruns, his year looks much less impressive. That was my same criticism of Penny and why he was second fiddle to Carson.

Wouldnt be surprised if Pete wants Charbonnet to be his C Carson and Walker to come off the bench and stretch the D and maybe take it to the house. He wants a guy who can move the chains. Walker hasn't shown he can do that. Maybe that was due to the poor interior line blocking. We will see. But I think this guy's take is 100% valid.

Can also see a scenario where they are by design, on the field together.

But yeah. If you have Charbonnet helping to establish TOP early in the game, and then Walker picking up carries in the 2nd half when the opposing defense is tired and he hits the edges at 100mph... that would seem like a logical strategy to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the ideal scenario once Charbonnet is up to speed on blocking schemes, playbook, etc and can be trusted on any down is splitting time with Walker.

That's the best way to keep all the backs healthy, fresh and productive. 80% of the snaps to Walker and Charbonnet, and 20% to Dallas and/or McIntosh.

Charbonnet does have more experience with pass catching/screens. So I imagine at first we'll mainly see him spell Walker and be the 3rd down back.

But again, it can take time for a rookie RB to be trusted with pass pro and blocking assignments. So I wouldn't expect a big workload for him til later in the season, or if he's forced into it with Walker getting hurt.

NoGain

Reaction score
I think PC/JS just had enough of seeing their running attack always being put in jeopardy by an injury here and there to the likes of Carson, Penny, Procise, etc.., and having to run to the waiver wire and pick up an aging AP or retired Marshawn or some such recent castoff or UDFA to cobble it together again. I don't blame them for loading up with K-9, Charbonnet, and Macintosh. PC was tired of trying to play Pete-ball with one hand tied behind his back.

chrispy

Reaction score
By late season, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine them both looking like lead backs. With 3 #1 WRs and 2#1 RBs (and capable replacements in line) there's potential for a lot of great outcomes.

Heck, week 8 (trade deadline) is a long way off and maybe there's a scenario where an in-season trade is available and Pete feels comfortable with McIntosh as #2. JS might work some magic with no drop-off in production. I'm just saying individual predictions at this point are kind of meaningless. Should we ask Red Hat guy if DK or Lockett is #1 at mid season? ... Lockett or JSN is #2 at week 10?

As a fan, it comes down to having a lot of great players results in pretty good scenarios.

If you're looking at Fantasy, then the answer is to pick up Geno. He'll have to split TDs between 5 face-of-the-franchise type players. The only resolution is to end up scoring 35 points/game.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
They are very different backs. How they are used will probably depend on the situation. Walker is a homerun hitter who can break a big run anytime he touches the ball. However, he is not the kind of back who will grind out first down after first down, that's Charbonnet. For example, Charbonnet will probably get most of the carries when the Hawks have a lead in the fourth quarter. If they are behind Walker will probably play more.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score

incorrect. Walker is too small to be an every down back. Charbonet is a bruiser that will compliment Walker very well. This a was a great pick up. We cant have our running game go to hell when our primary guy gets hurt which seems to happen every season.

GemCity

Reaction score
Walker was RB2 to Penny. I could absolutely see a scenario where Charbonnet gets the consistent workload and Walker becomes something more than RB2, but is not the everydown guy.

Walker doesn't show the patience to move the chains consistently. If you subtract his homeruns, his year looks much less impressive. That was my same criticism of Penny and why he was second fiddle to Carson.

Wouldnt be surprised if Pete wants Charbonnet to be his C Carson and Walker to come off the bench and stretch the D and maybe take it to the house. He wants a guy who can move the chains. Walker hasn't shown he can do that. Maybe that was due to the poor interior line blocking. We will see. But I think this guy's take is 100% valid.

Can also see a scenario where they are by design, on the field together.

But yeah. If you have Charbonnet helping to establish TOP early in the game, and then Walker picking up carries in the 2nd half when the opposing defense is tired and he hits the edges at 100mph... that would seem like a logical strategy to me.
💯

keasley45

Reaction score
When i watch his stutter cut at speed, he reminds me of our own Curt Warner. He's not close to the all world talent Warner was, but his style on his cuts, the way he holds the ball, his high 'back' elbow... there's something familiar about it.

If only he was .2 seconds faster in the 40...
(But his time is almost identical to Beast Mode's...)

I do think he will do well. And... I do hope he doesn't look the part simply because he was often playing against lesser talent.

Last edited:

Welshers2

Reaction score
I can't imagine he will be the starting back as long as Walker is healthy. But if Pete sees him as the better option he would certainly put him there. Just doesn't make a lot of sense for a rookie to jump up past one of the best rookies last year coming back. If everyone is injured then I could see it