Charbonnet will be RB1?

keasley45

Reaction score
I like his running style. If he could pack maybe 5 to 10 mote pounds of muscle on his frame without compromising speed, he would be a load to contend with. As is, i think he still has great potential.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Omg. Dude had a couple of hard runs... barely popped someone...more like gave em the little hammer and he is ready to be the starter. Over Walker? Charbonnet against 2nd and 3rd teamers? People on here saying Walker isn't that good and he doesn't move the chains. You've got to be shitting me!!! I guess deejay and Geno got all those first downs and scores last year. People say anything to prove there point. Even if it means shitting on another player. Ridiculous. One of the best players on the team last year and we are talking about taking carries away so a 8 carry preseason rookie can take his spot. Relax. Walker isn't going anywhere. Specially, not down to rb2. Charbonnet can be a good fill in or change of pace.

I want to see more of #29. Only rb on the Seattle side who found an opening and exploded to and threw it on the outside edge. Then play got called back for penalty and 29 didn't get another carry after. WTF.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Zach C looked good but all rbs except for DeeJay Dallas did very well. Dallas has already shown what he can do so he didn't have much to prove. Koback and Thompson also showed well. The running back depth looks very good.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. In the fourth quarter with a Hawks lead the best place for Justine Herbert is on the Chargers bench. While it is true that Walker might break a big run, it's just as likely that he'll lose four yards resulting in a three and out, and now Herbert's back on the field. In the fourth quarter with a lead, I want a back that can run between the tackles and grind out 2 to 5 yards each carry against a defense that knows what's coming. That's how you get a 6 minute fourth quarter drive that ices a game. The back that can (hopefully) do that is not Walker, it's Charbonnet.
Yup, agree to disagree. My point was that the bulk of K9's big runs were 4th quarter. I don't think you're giving K9 enough credit for his improvement over the season in running between the tackles. I do understand where you're coming from, but K9 made some man-sized runs in the list I shared. I think it's great to have the 1-2 K9-ZC punch but I expect to see Pete/Waldron give Walker as many carries or more than Charbonnet in that 4th quarter crunch time. I do like ZC more than K9 as a 3rd down back, if he lives up to draft billing.

Justine Herbert, lol, must be a duck-hater.

Another counter-point, if a long K9 TD turns a 4th qtr one-score game into a two-score game, it makes the opponent's O much more predictable. This team seems built to feast on must-pass situations, with an improved pass rush and we got DAWGS in that secondary. I see lots of turnovers and sacks in this crunch-time scenario. I know last year's crap D gave away multiple games the offense had won. This year's D is better.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He did look good, but take walker's spot? Really? No is the answer.
The team didn't get ZC to "take Walker's spot", they got him to have a Thunder (ZC) and Lightning (K9) 1-2 punch in the running game, and still have at least one good RB for games where Walker is unavailable/injured, AND to distribute the workload so that with any luck, the team will have TWO healthy RBs heading into the playoffs. "Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?" Yeah, I know, gotta get there first.

renofox

Reaction score
Currently, Walker 1, Chab 2 with an actual lightning thunder combo we use to tout back so many times with each attempt lol... seems plausable... they both run hard, but Chab hits holes through lines and sight, where Walker makes the hole through the shifty moves
Yes. This is what I like about Charb.

I went back and watched most of his film. This guys biggest strength is his vision - he constantly sees the holes before they develop. He's got some voodoo precognition thing going on.

edit: with that said, KW should and will be the starter. ZC doesn't have the quicks or the speed to be RB1 in PC's current offensive philosophy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Walker will be the guy by at least a 60/40 split although both will contribute. Walker is really, really good.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I think Walker will be the guy by at least a 60/40 split although both will contribute. Walker is really, really good.

Obviously depends on game script, but don't disagree. Hawks playing with the lead will see a lot more Charbonnet. Keep Walker fresh through the season. If McIntosh can come back with no setbacks, I can see him contributing as well, guy was an absolute stud down in Georgia.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
No I don't. K-9 ran for over 1000 yards, was on the all rookie team, close to being the NFL offensive rookie of the year, and the guy was a threat to break off big chunks of yardage every time he carried the ball. It's fantastic to have Zach on the team, I really like him, and along with Macintosh and DJ we have some killer depth now. But until proven otherwise, RB1 is K-9. Why piss him off and mess with a good thing? Zach will get his carries and opportunities.
With all respect, why not piss him off?

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Ken is too good to keep off the field. a homerun threat each time he touches the ball. I can't see Pete wanting to keep that kind of talent off the field unless it's a plan to limit his snaps. Even so, he should get at least 50% of the snaps with the backups taking the rest.

Zach is a great compliment but i think that's all he will be with Ken as the #1 back.
For some reason, Roger Craig is my comparison to Zach C. Roger 6’ and 222, Zach 6’2” and 220. Both can run and catch.

TheKodiakk

Reaction score
Do you agree with this youtuber's prediction why Charbonnet will replace K9 as our RB1?

If both are healthy and Charbonnet can out perform K9, I am open to Charbonnet as our lead back.

So I'm actually the original poster of this video. I appreciate the fact that everyone seems to think the reasoning is sound even if they don't agree with what I have to say :) open to any comments questions or thoughts

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
So I'm actually the original poster of this video. I appreciate the fact that everyone seems to think the reasoning is sound even if they don't agree with what I have to say :) open to any comments questions or thoughts
I actually quite appreciative of your research and reasoning, me and @keasley45, may be more.

Keep up the good work.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Definitely a pre-season conversation. Walker's rookie year was very comparable to Jonathan Taylor of the Colts (behind a better O-Line)...would you really take snaps away from Taylor? Ken Walker III was the most explosive RB in the entire NFL last year...is this really a conversation?

GGotskill

Reaction score
Definitely a pre-season conversation. Walker's rookie year was very comparable to Jonathan Taylor of the Colts (behind a better O-Line)...would you really take snaps away from Taylor? Ken Walker III was the most explosive RB in the entire NFL last year...is this really a conversation?

It's not so much taking snaps away, as it is keeping Walker healthy and effective throughout the season. No point in running the kid into the ground when there are capable backs behind him.

TheKodiakk

Reaction score
First of all, I posted this video mid July so it had been on my mind all offseason, not just recently. So I kind of alluded to all of these points you just made in my video. Yes, Walker was a very explosive RB. 7.5% breakaway run rate according to PlayerProfiler which was 8th highest in the NFL and the 2nd most runs of 20+ yards in the league. His home run potential is undeniable and his long runs are electric. That said, his down to down efficiency was really poor. It’s no surprise a RB enjoyer like Carroll felt the need to use another 2nd round pick on a RB who can do the things Walker cannot. Walker did not eclipse an 8% target share his rookie year, got the 3rd most RZ touches in the league and had an incredibly poor conversion rate in that area of the field. I wouldn’t necessarily compare Walker’s rookie year to JT’s, because Walker got the keys to the backfield immediately after Penny went down. Seattle’s RB room behind Walker was extremely devoid of talent and off the rip he consistently got 70%+ snap share. After Mack got hurt, JT was still splitting reps with Jordan Wilkins/Nyhiem Hines for some unbeknownst reason and continued to do so until late December when Reich finally gave him the keys. By the end of the year it was clear that JT was THE guy. By the end of this year for Seattle, it was clear that the Seahawks needed more. I actually think Charbonnet/McIntosh help Seattle (and Walker himself) more. But it is a legit conversation considering Charbonnet is much more equipped to handle the high value touches when Walker already got his chance and didn’t run away with it like he needed to.

Last edited:

TheKodiakk

Reaction score
Both are going to play. Both are going to be good. It isn't an either/or situation.
Indeed. It’s honestly more of a conversation for Fantasy Football (who I try to gear my audience on YouTube towards) to try to project what guys are in line for what roles. In the grand scheme of things I doubt y’all, the 12th Man, really care about whose getting the work in high leverage situations and who isn’t. Smart teams do RBBC in the modern NFL

EDIT: grammar

Last edited: