Charbonnet will be RB1?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Ken is too good to keep off the field. a homerun threat each time he touches the ball. I can't see Pete wanting to keep that kind of talent off the field unless it's a plan to limit his snaps. Even so, he should get at least 50% of the snaps with the backups taking the rest.

Zach is a great compliment but i think that's all he will be with Ken as the #1 back.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Charbonnet wasn’t drafted because they think he’s better or will “replace” Walker.

Charbonnet, was drafted to provide additional depth to the position group.

Also, the same reason why McIntosh was drafted, further solidifying the backfield with adequate depth.

In a 17 game season, you can bet they are planning to use all the backs they have as more so a “committee/hot hand” approach.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I can't see anyone with the name "Charbonnet" being better than Walker. Too soft sounding. Too French. Makes me want to drink wine.

K9 has a year under his belt. He's caught up to the speed of the game. The holes will get bigger and hesitation will decrease. If he stays healthy, he will be our leading rusher by leaps and bounds.

That said, I hope Zach kicks tail this year as well.
The charbonet does go well with the chicken.

olyfan63

Reaction score
They are very different backs. How they are used will probably depend on the situation. Walker is a homerun hitter who can break a big run anytime he touches the ball. However, he is not the kind of back who will grind out first down after first down, that's Charbonnet. For example, Charbonnet will probably get most of the carries when the Hawks have a lead in the fourth quarter. If they are behind Walker will probably play more.
Hawks with a lead in the 4th quarter? That's when I expect to see EXTRA HELPINGS of K9, not Charbonnet. K9 against a tired defense? Yes please! Recall some of K9's game changing 2nd half runs...

1) vs Chargers, 7:07 left in 4th quarter, yes, up 2 TDs, but by no means a "safe" lead vs. Justin Herbert & Co., Walker goes 74 yards to the house, gets double-bird from a fan
2) vs Saints, 7:28 left in 4th quarter, Hawks down 6 points, Walker goes 69 yards for the TD, Hawks take a 1 point lead. Defense blows the lead later, but K9 did his job.
3) vs Cards, 13:20 of 4th qtr, Hawks up 3, Walker goes 11 yards for the score
4) vs Giants, 5:30 of 4th, Hawks up 7, walker goes 16 yards for the TD, to effectively end the game
5) vs Cards, 7:34 of 4th, Hawks up 3, Walker goes 12 yards to the 1, then next play, Walker 1 yard for the TD to go up 2 scores
6) vs Cards, 2:24 of 4th, Hawks up 3, Walker goes a TOUGH 5 yards for a game-sealing TD
7) vs Raiders, 11:55 of 3rd, Hawks down 4, Walker goes a MANLY 14 yards for the TD, dragging multiple Raiders into the end zone. Hawks lead. (defense gives away the game later)

The other very cool thing about many of these runs is the number of times SPEEDY Geno Smith gets out front and blocks DBs downfield for K9. Wow, Geno is FAST!

Nearly all of these runs are in this exciting video:

I was also giving Walker credit in my head for a game-icing 40 yard TD run vs Detroit, in that 48-45 win, but on further review, that was Penny, before being injured!
So how amazing of geniuses are Pete and John for getting K9 in the draft, for WHEN Penny went down?

Last edited:

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Hawks with a lead in the 4th quarter? That's when I expect to see EXTRA HELPINGS of K9, not Charbonnet. K9 against a tired defense? Yes please! Recall some of K9's game changing 2nd half runs...

1) vs Chargers, 7:07 left in 4th quarter, yes, up 2 TDs, but by no means a "safe" lead vs. Justin Herbert & Co., Walker goes 74 yards to the house, gets double-bird from a fan
2) vs Saints, 7:28 left in 4th quarter, Hawks down 6 points, Walker goes 69 yards for the TD, Hawks take a 1 point lead. Defense blows the lead later, but K9 did his job.
3) vs Cards, 13:20 of 4th qtr, Hawks up 3, Walker goes 11 yards for the score
4) vs Giants, 5:30 of 4th, Hawks up 7, walker goes 16 yards for the TD, to effectively end the game
5) vs Cards, 7:34 of 4th, Hawks up 3, Walker goes 12 yards to the 1, then next play, Walker 1 yard for the TD to go up 2 scores
6) vs Cards, 2:24 of 4th, Hawks up 3, Walker goes a TOUGH 5 yards for a game-sealing TD
7) vs Raiders, 11:55 of 3rd, Hawks down 4, Walker goes a MANLY 14 yards for the TD, dragging multiple Raiders into the end zone. Hawks lead. (defense gives away the game later)

The other very cool thing about many of these runs is the number of times SPEEDY Geno Smith gets out front and blocks DBs downfield for K9. Wow, Geno is FAST!

Nearly all of these runs are in this exciting video:

I was also giving Walker credit in my head for a game-icing 40 yard TD run vs Detroit, in that 48-45 win, but on further review, that was Penny, before being injured!
So how amazing of geniuses are Pete and John for getting K9 in the draft, for WHEN Penny went down?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. In the fourth quarter with a Hawks lead the best place for Justine Herbert is on the Chargers bench. While it is true that Walker might break a big run, it's just as likely that he'll lose four yards resulting in a three and out, and now Herbert's back on the field. In the fourth quarter with a lead, I want a back that can run between the tackles and grind out 2 to 5 yards each carry against a defense that knows what's coming. That's how you get a 6 minute fourth quarter drive that ices a game. The back that can (hopefully) do that is not Walker, it's Charbonnet.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Walker was RB2 to Penny. I could absolutely see a scenario where Charbonnet gets the consistent workload and Walker becomes something more than RB2, but is not the everydown guy.

Walker doesn't show the patience to move the chains consistently. If you subtract his homeruns, his year looks much less impressive. That was my same criticism of Penny and why he was second fiddle to Carson.

Wouldnt be surprised if Pete wants Charbonnet to be his C Carson and Walker to come off the bench and stretch the D and maybe take it to the house. He wants a guy who can move the chains. Walker hasn't shown he can do that. Maybe that was due to the poor interior line blocking. We will see. But I think this guy's take is 100% valid.

Can also see a scenario where they are by design, on the field together.

But yeah. If you have Charbonnet helping to establish TOP early in the game, and then Walker picking up carries in the 2nd half when the opposing defense is tired and he hits the edges at 100mph... that would seem like a logical strategy to me.
I am on the same page with you,
I wasn't expecting much when I opened the video, but he was well reasoned. I don't know if I necessarily agree, but at least he didn't come off like a raving lunatic.
I felt the same way when I watched that video.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. In the fourth quarter with a Hawks lead the best place for Justine Herbert is on the Chargers bench. While it is true that Walker might break a big run, it's just as likely that he'll lose four yards resulting in a three and out, and now Herbert's back on the field. In the fourth quarter with a lead, I want a back that can run between the tackles and grind out 2 to 5 yards each carry against a defense that knows what's coming. That's how you get a 6 minute fourth quarter drive that ices a game. The back that can (hopefully) do that is not Walker, it's Charbonnet.

or Kenneth McIntosh?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
May I say that Carson and Penny were good match, Caron for those tough bone breaking runs up the guts, Penny for that outside home runs?

Penny and K9 weren't as good match or compliments, both are home run hitters, but not good at those tough 3 yard runs.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Dang bro..

Shouldn't we at least let him fail before casting aspersions...

I agree that Kenny M. was a steal and would have put up better numbers in another conference, but this current franchise relies on backs. We need three good ones. Give the boy a chance.
You’re responding to the one guy that has poopooed our entire draft.
Least it seems that way, he may have liked one or two.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
or Kenneth McIntosh?
To be honest I haven't seen enough of McIntosh to form an opinion. My hope is that he's an excellent third down back and special teams player. If he ends up filling a bigger role than that it probably means that Charbonnet and/or Walker is hurt.

balakoth

Reaction score
Currently, Walker 1, Chab 2 with an actual lightning thunder combo we use to tout back so many times with each attempt lol... seems plausable... they both run hard, but Chab hits holes through lines and sight, where Walker makes the hole through the shifty moves

JPatera76

Reaction score
Currently, Walker 1, Chab 2 with an actual lightning thunder combo we use to tout back so many times with each attempt lol... seems plausable... they both run hard, but Chab hits holes through lines and sight, where Walker makes the hole through the shifty moves
Chab makes holes too... kid brings a boom

balakoth

Reaction score
Chab makes holes too... kid brings a boom
Yeah my bad... what I was trying to say with Lines, meant lanes.. lol... but with his lines.. (we on the same page essentially)

That Kobiak kid.. was not bad.. though he limped off... But again againts some sub par... i guess not enough to rid DeeJay.. and do we keep more than 3? (Obviously some of these guys like Kob would prob hit Practice squad)

Would rather have 5 WR (bobo special and heavy set) than 4 active rbs? (do teams even do that? haha.. outside of having a FB that is)

balakoth

Reaction score
I can't give up on Derek Young yet... Eskridge on the other hand... (Who I had high hopes for for a Percy (B verison) at least)

Lets give physical, with a slight combo of speed, instead of all speed and light weight

LTH

Reaction score
Do you agree with this youtuber's prediction why Charbonnet will replace K9 as our RB1?

If both are healthy and Charbonnet can out perform K9, I am open to Charbonnet as our lead back.

I think chardonnay has a lot to prove before un seating Walker that being said, there should be a competition.

LTH

far north

Reaction score
It was kinda weird seeing him out there after nursing a shoulder freight training a few defenders first game

Latest posts