Charges Dropped Against Dunbar + removal from exempt list

Mad Dog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3je64uca said:
Reed got 6 and was never charged.

The fact that this team went out and traded so lavishly for Adams suggests they're expecting a long suspension for Dunbar.

But once Dunbar does come back, it'll be the NFL's best secondary.

Reed was a domestic dispute though wasn't it? Given women are afraid often to testify, the NFL tends to offer little benefit of the doubt. In a poker game dispute, I suspect the NFL doesn't give a poop about the optics. It's hard to imagine Dunbar getting much for something he denies and the prosecutors agree there is no evidence to support charges.

I say he comes off the exempt list this week. No suspension.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1292200423722496001[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
John63":1iz14szu said:
Nice! Now let’s hope he stops being a knucklehead and avoids situations that can get him into trouble.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/296 ... xempt-list

ESPN article above still says he can be suspended by Rog though. Not completely out of the woods yet.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is huge. On paper this is the best secondary in the NFL IMO. Now get to work and stay out of trouble.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Could still get suspended. Again, the price they paid for Adams suggests to me that they're expecting one. Happy to be wrong, as always.

redeye81

Reaction score
If his lawyer is correct and it's a case of mistaken identity I don't see how they can suspend him. That not American values. I mean anyone can accuse anyone of something. There no evidence he was involved.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Dunbar is innocent or the dumbest criminal + lawyer in the history of crime.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Great news!
We now will have one of the best defensive backfields
in the NFL.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1292567772027924483[/tweet]

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The charges will not be file, so Dunbar is a free man. But the statement issued by the prosecutors was carefully worded so as not to include saying they thought Dunbar is innocent. They merely stated they do not believe they have sufficient (irrefutable) evidence to proceed with a winnable case.
Pretty sure the league is well aware of legal jargon and technicalities, so I wouldn't assume they will not take any action unless their own investigation arrives at at conclusion mirroring that of the prosecution.
So there's that.
But on the other hand the league surely would not want the bad pub of punishing a player who has a clean record.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
"Messy", "Foolish", Stick a fork in him..... he's done, How many in here were counting him out???
I said it was too early to count him out, yet some had him swinging from the gallows...You know who you are, and to that I say, :240039: :domotwak: :domotwak: :domotwak: :dummy: :Dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shoot:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, assumptions are not facts. Gotta' let it play out. I still suspect GODdell will give him a 4 game suspension. But it could have been a lot worse.

Latest posts