Charles Cross of Miss state picked 9 at lt

James in PA

Reaction score
I like this pick. I wanted to come away with: one of the top 4 pass rushers, or one of the 3 best OT's or one of the 2 best DB's. We did it!

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Not a fan of the pick. They definitely went with need over BPA.

Cross may be an experienced LT, but he‘s not particularly explosive, lengthy, or dominant.

JJ was sitting right there and they whiffed.

Natethegreat

Reaction score

Cross may be an experienced LT, but he‘s not particularly explosive, lengthy, or dominant.

Agreed, disappointing pick for me. Its just so weird to never pick a pass blocking Tackle in the draft till after they got rid of their HOF QB.

Fade

Reaction score
He'll be a great Guard. He has a chance to be a good Tackle.

The Seahawks got better upfront.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
He looked extremely happy I will say, more than any of the other players who were drafted. Also he was one of the top OT recruits out of high school but stayed in the state of Mississippi. Probably means he’s close to his family. Seems like he’ll bring a great attitude.

sutz

Reaction score
He looked extremely happy I will say, more than any of the other players who were drafted. Also he was one of the top OT recruits out of high school but stayed in the state of Mississippi. Probably means he’s close to his family. Seems like he’ll bring a great attitude.
Well, as a top 10 pick he can buy momma a new car, if not a house. :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good pick. They probably could have traded down a couple of spots and still got him but nonetheless a good pick. For Jermaine Johnson, he's still available at the time of this post....there must be a reason teams are passing up on him.

Chapow

Reaction score

From PFF's Offensive Tackle draft position rankings.

1. CHARLES CROSS, MISSISSIPPI STATE

BIG BOARD RANK: 3

After flashing traits in his first year as a starter in 2020, Cross became a dominant pass-protector in 2021. After allowing 44 pressures on 574 pass-blocking snaps last season, he gave up only 16 pressures on 719 pass-blocking snaps this year.

PFF had Cross as the #1 ranked OT, and the #3 prospect overall. Meanwhile, JJ hasn't been picked yet and continues to fall.