Chiefs fans are going for the record...again

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Stupid. Yelling at a timed point is not the same as the entire game.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I hope they don't get it. Then maybe all of this goofy nonsense will stop. I feel its cool to have a loud stadium with proud fans but to have to keep playing back and forth with breaking records is getting old.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Honestly couldn't care less. The entire pushing for an official record was stupid from the get-go.

When you claim to have the loudest fans and you can point to the evidence of how it affects the opposing team, that can't be denied.

When you attach a number to it, that suddenly makes your claim a breakable mark, and now it's just a pissing contest until the end of time. Someone will always find a way to put up a bigger number.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd love for the Seahawks front office to decline Guinness's invitation once the Chiefs fans break the record, to put an end to this stupid Guinness attention whoring.

Just say "sorry, no thanks. We know we're the loudest. Superbowl Champs.........end of discussion."

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Seems pretty silly of them at this point. I'm sure they'll figure out how to manipulate their environment (ie: having fans packed into the tunnels last season for a megaphone effect) to get the result they want, moving the meter around the stadium to find the best reflective spot, etc. The only true location that should be measured is center of the field at the 50 yard line, because that's the only place it counts.

Maybe they should put a meter on that zip-line camera and hang it right over the 50 during Beast Quake III this season... try and beat that mofo's.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
They can have it if it means that much to them. I thought it was fun the first time but didn't really care after that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Guinness Book shouldn't let people go for this type of record more than once a year. This is getting pathetic. Im with the others, if they break it. Give it to them. I don't even care anymore. We're loud, and that's what matters.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":14k8qvq8 said:
Guinness Book shouldn't let people go for this type of record more than once a year. This is getting pathetic. Im with the others, if they break it. Give it to them. I don't even care anymore. We're loud, and that's what matters.

No one buys their books anymore, so this kind of stuff is the only way the company stays relevant.

So they're going to ride this every year until the wheels fall off.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They are likely going to take the record back. They have WAY more people in their stadium than we have in ours.

Nothing changes the fact that they don't keep it up like we do through a game, though. Sorry Chiefs fans, you'll likely take the record back but everybody knows your stadium isn't feared like ours is. Deal with it.

rastahawk

Reaction score
What the hell else is there to do in KC? If they get it back just let it be. Most Guinness records are ridiculous anyway.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seriously, who gives a shit?

We know what we bring to each and every game, and so do our players. This is getting comical, and we can silence them by kicking their asses this year which is way better than some stupid sound record.

kearly

Reaction score
It would be nice if more than two teams were trying for it. Having the record vacillate between KC and Seattle just seems like two sulky kids at the back of kindergarten class fighting over a toy.

The attempts are kind of fun though. Or at least, the first two were.

I'm sure the record will be broken at least a few more times. The current record was from MNF against the Saints, which was hardly the loudest game Seattle's ever had.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I hope they get the record and that it feels as good as they hope it will.

I lived in KC for almost 2 years, back in the late 90's. My wife and I rented a house from a sweet old couple who were absolutely nuts for the Chiefs. They traveled to Wisconsin for the Chiefs' training camp. They wore Chiefs jewelry. They were decades-long season ticket holders.

We haven't thought of them in quite a while, but during this past offseason my wife suddenly realized that we got our Super Bowl victory before they did. That made me a little wistful for our old landlords, who would be in their 80's now. If they get the loudness record, I hope it makes them happy.

Latest posts