OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ujbtz8t said:
SacHawk2.0":1ujbtz8t said:
Bahahahahahahahahaha
This. The best thing of all is that Pete's owned him and his college approach to football and will continue to do son.

They only met once as head coaches. 10th ranked ducks beat 5th ranked USC 47-20.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":31615mri said:
hawksfansinceday1":31615mri said:
SacHawk2.0":31615mri said:
Bahahahahahahahahaha
This. The best thing of all is that Pete's owned him and his college approach to football and will continue to do son.

They only met once as head coaches. 10th ranked ducks beat 5th ranked USC 47-20.
In the pros. Hawks beat Philly by 10 last year IIRC and it wasn't that close.
But of course Chip beat him in college. Chip's a college coach.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Well he's got two QBs better than anything he had at Philly. His O could be scary if they grab Elliot to be the RB.

Other than that, I hope he fails over there, and is fired in two years so UO can re-hire him.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
He could bring on Bradford, which wouldn't be a bad move, have 3 QBs on the roster (because you need a couple to cover Bradford).

And as long as he doesn't bring Billy Davis back as the DC, they may improve over what they were doing in Philly. We shall see - at least 2016 will be an entertaining year for the NFC West.

Marvin49

Reaction score
My biggest problem with Chip and the reason he was far down my list of potential coaches is his perception by players around the league. The Niners have 50 mil to spend and thats WITH Kap, Brooks and Bethea. They'll be big players in free agency and fair or unfair, Chips rep could really hurt them.

As far as the offense tho...I'm a fan. I love that hurry up. Wears deams down...but unfortunately does the same of your own defense.

I have to give credit here to Baalke and York, Baalke in particular. This takes major balls to do this. This will be spectacular...one way or the other. It could make the Niner relevant again or it could be a cluster of biblical perportions. If it is an epic fail, Baalke will go down with the ship. This is a swinging for the fences move...but guys who do that strike out alot.

On the "will they get along" front, should be noted that Tom Gamble who was pushed out of Philly is now in SF and was BIG in making this happen.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
DavidSeven":16iwue7k said:
I'm sure Chip will try to make it work with Kaep, but Chip's scheme has historically required a QB who was efficient, quick with the release and had a good touch. Those traits are the antithesis of what Kaepernick brings to the table.

Kaep's legs should help the zone read, but Kaep's also faster in straight line than he is laterally. He's been less successful at zone read as teams have schemed against it better.

But Chip's offense also calls for an accurate QB with a quick release which isn't Kaepernick. Beyond the running game, the offense also relies on a lot of quick and intermediate passes which also utilize multi-threat running backs in the passing game. If there's a fatal flaw in Kaep's game, it's that he can't get the ball to running backs on short passes.

The need for quick and accurate passing is why Kelly targeted Bradford. Say what you want about Bradford's dependability, but his strength was always his accuracy and quick release. Foles, despite pretty good numbers, held the ball too long and was shipped out for that reason. The presence of a dual threat by itself is not enough, as we saw when Michael Vick was running Chip's offense.

The funny thing is Wilson is THE QB for Chip Kellys system.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
49ers offense will improve. Offenseive tallent through the draft will continue to be poor and no sane FA will want to sniff the Niners due to Kelly's rep he built in Philly. Our defense is going to wear thin and become a joke. I can't wait for both Baalke and Kelly to get the boot. Who has it better than us? Everyone...even the dang Browns.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":2xktk7j8 said:
On the "will they get along" front, should be noted that Tom Gamble who was pushed out of Philly is now in SF and was BIG in making this happen.

The problem is that the next chess move is now staring you in the face:

Gamble and Kelly team up to push out Baalke, and then you're right back to de facto GM Kelly.

Or, somehow even worse than that, you've got a stalemate between York/Baalke and Gamble/Kelly, and the only guy left standing when the smoke clears is the one you've got the least faith in of all: Jeb York.

(edit: I guess this is good for guys like Sourdough, but for guys like you and me who don't hate Baalke, it's lose all around).

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Marvin49":z43myg5v said:
My biggest problem with Chip and the reason he was far down my list of potential coaches is his perception by players around the league. The Niners have 50 mil to spend and thats WITH Kap, Brooks and Bethea. They'll be big players in free agency and fair or unfair, Chips rep could really hurt them.

As far as the offense tho...I'm a fan. I love that hurry up. Wears deams down...but unfortunately does the same of your own defense.

I have to give credit here to Baalke and York, Baalke in particular. This takes major balls to do this. This will be spectacular...one way or the other. It could make the Niner relevant again or it could be a cluster of biblical perportions. If it is an epic fail, Baalke will go down with the ship. This is a swinging for the fences move...but guys who do that strike out alot.

Not like it could be much worse from the previous year..

Weadoption

Reaction score
Thing is, it could still be an epic fail due to the sheer lack of talent on the team.
Kelly could coach his ass off and still easily go 5-11 or worse for 2 more years at a minimum.
This a talent league and we lack that everywhere. Unless Kap miraculously learns to run the zone read with consistency, success is a long ways off with any coach. Would take a miracle '86 like Walsh draft to put this team on track.
Good luck with that Baalke.
go Giants and Dubs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2vwsrboa said:
Marvin49":2vwsrboa said:

Gamble and Kelly team up to push out Baalke, and then you're right back to de facto GM Kelly.

Or, somehow even worse than that, you've got a stalemate between York/Baalke and Gamble/Kelly, and the only guy left standing when the smoke clears is the one you've got the least faith in of all: Jeb York.

(edit: I guess this is good for guys like Sourdough, but for guys like you and me who don't hate Baalke, it's lose all around).

I don't see that happening. Gamble has spent alot of time with Baalke.

Won't say its impossible, btu I'd almost rather a pick like this than a safe choice like Coughlin (although he wasn't gonna move west anyway).

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":12g0pdr6 said:
Marvin49":12g0pdr6 said:

I have generally been a staunch Baalke supporter but this was it for me. Shanahan can help recognise offensive tallent. He also could help Kap and free agency would have been fine. Kelly has potential to go either way but with the stars aligned the way they are I don't see this ending well. Bringing in Kelly just murdered our defense and no free agent will want to come here.

samwize77

Reaction score
Only time will tell here. We'll see what Chip learned while in/after Philly. Some things just do not transfer from College to The NFL. If Chip stays his course, then the dumpster fire continues.
Of course, lets find out how much control he actually has in SF before predicting failure. As it stands, I don't see success any time soon.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know how you can ruin something that is already ruined but give him a year or so to see it happen.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Largent80":21iusfwh said:
I don't know how you can ruin something that is already ruined but give him a year or so to see it happen.

I would argue that one or two pieces would really elivate our defense. Lynch, Williams, Tart, and Ward were really looking good. Bowman was looking better and more fluid with every game. Now, even if we find the right pieces asking anyone to perform at the NFL level for 70% of a game is too much. At worst we keep a similar record to this year and at best we are middle of the pack.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":vkp17qip said:
Largent80":vkp17qip said:

I would argue that one or two pieces would really elivate our defense. Lynch, Williams, Tart, and Ward were really looking good. Bowman was looking better and more fluid with every game. Now, even if we find the right pieces asking anyone to perform at the NFL level for 70% of a game is too much. At worst we keep a similar record to this year and at best we are middle of the pack.

In 2015 Philly and sf had a difference of 30 seconds in time of possession. I doubt that extra 30 seconds will kill those guys.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/a ... -net-of-ot

Latest posts