Chip Kelly hired by sf

Rat

Reaction score
That sound you hear is every black player on the team printing their resume at the same time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7w3ms30r said:
Marvin49":7w3ms30r said:
My biggest problem with Chip and the reason he was far down my list of potential coaches is his perception by players around the league. The Niners have 50 mil to spend and thats WITH Kap, Brooks and Bethea. They'll be big players in free agency and fair or unfair, Chips rep could really hurt them.

As far as the offense tho...I'm a fan. I love that hurry up. Wears deams down...but unfortunately does the same of your own defense.

I have to give credit here to Baalke and York, Baalke in particular. This takes major balls to do this. This will be spectacular...one way or the other. It could make the Niner relevant again or it could be a cluster of biblical perportions. If it is an epic fail, Baalke will go down with the ship. This is a swinging for the fences move...but guys who do that strike out alot.

On the "will they get along" front, should be noted that Tom Gamble who was pushed out of Philly is now in SF and was BIG in making this happen.

You know, you do all of the exact same things you acuse Tim Kawakami of. You're always riding the fence on all things 49er. Take a stance for once.

Once again.....and I can't believe I have to say this....I'M NOT A JOURNALIST. I'm not paid to provide an opinion. I don't have sources. If I were masquerading as someone who did, THEN you might have a point.

PLEASE tell me you can tell the difference.

SF49r

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33obhp2n said:
Sourdough #49":33obhp2n said:
Largent80":33obhp2n said:
I don't know how you can ruin something that is already ruined but give him a year or so to see it happen.

I would argue that one or two pieces would really elivate our defense. Lynch, Williams, Tart, and Ward were really looking good. Bowman was looking better and more fluid with every game. Now, even if we find the right pieces asking anyone to perform at the NFL level for 70% of a game is too much. At worst we keep a similar record to this year and at best we are middle of the pack.

In 2015 Philly and sf had a difference of 30 seconds in time of possession. I doubt that extra 30 seconds will kill those guys.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/a ... -net-of-ot
Yep all those 3 and outs by the offense so it will be no different then last season I'd rather have the fast td drives then 3 and outs

DavidSeven

Reaction score
What would the reaction be like in SF if this happened?

Former prez with the Eagles:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/status/687735755024642048[/tweet]

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I think it's extremely naive to think his personality will keep Free Agents from coming here. This is the NFL an money talks. You pay a player an he will come. The Niners have huge draft capital along with a ton of cap space. This is going to be a process but it's no different than the process the Seahawks when through. Pete had to completely gut the roster , there wasn't it of winning goin on. He wasn't so successful in his first stint but was good in college. Players came there anyhow.

You really think because the likes of Desean Jackson an L Mcoy didn't like Kelly all the NFL players won't come here? It's just as easy to say the Eagles upper mgmt is extremely disfunctional. They may have fired Kelly but don't forget they also fired Andy Reid. Who had a lot left in the tank , but they thought it was Reid fault an he was stagnant. In reality it was the front office chaos that was a detriment. Kelly has all the passion for football that Carroll has, yes he's more of an introvert who is t compared to Pete. One thing for sure is Kelly's who life is about football an pushing the boundaries of the games. He is all about the team the team the team. Very happy with the future moving forward.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
What a week

- We win a playoff game on a 27 yard shank
- The Rams move to LA, eliminating the 10AM kickoff in STL
- The Niners hire Chip Kelly

We really are the luckiest team in football lately :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Maulbert":32i6vs7s said:
I can just imagine the whiners thinking that Harbaugh-to-Tomsula-to-Kelly will pay off the way Holmgren-to-Mora-to-Carroll has for us. The pattern is surprisingly similar.

Except we eliminated our virus (Ruskell), the Niners still have theirs (Baalke)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As if my Oregon Duck hate for Kelly couldn't get any stronger, now he's a Niner.

chris98251

Reaction score
So they get rid of Curly and bring in Schlep, still the three stooges.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Gabbert will be his QB of choice. Gabbert came on a bit this season, and had a lot of success in college out of the spread. He could be an intriguing QB in 2016. Gabbert is more polished than given credit for, and he's very under-rated as an athlete.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
First thought, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip sux, and they are keeping that terrible GM too. RIP SC, it was a decent few years with Jim. :thirishdrinkers:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/realjeffsimmons/status/687751213887156226[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/687723645590986755[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
Tim Kawakami has become such a rock star with his 49er coverage we really should include his thoughts in this thread ...

Oboy Oboy this is going to be rich. Chip kelly eagles carrolle

Sounds like the 49ers put this one together very quickly–after they were stunned by Jackson, after Jed took a long look at Mike Shanahan (supported by 49ers alums), after Jed realized the list of candidates was disappearing into nothing…

And then Jed just made a call.

Chip Kelly. We’ll see how this works. It won’t be boring.

Kelly hire .... a formula for another coach-Baalke explosion >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2016/01/14/49ers-hire-chip-kelly/[/urltargetblank]

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1kjfzzhv said:
Actually as much as I love chip i don't see this ending well.
I hope he goes 16-3 every season losing to the Hawks in the NFC championship.

He should have went back to college where he belongs, I think it has been proven his gimmick offence does not work in the NFL, and his player management is crap.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2iwqpqb2 said:
JSeahawks":2iwqpqb2 said:
Actually as much as I love chip i don't see this ending well.
I hope he goes 16-3 every season losing to the Hawks in the NFC championship.

He should have went back to college where he belongs, I think it has been proven his gimmick offence does not work in the NFL, and his player management is crap.

Kelly's arrogance and stubbornness will be his undoing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":14jso5qn said:
Tim Kawakami has become such a rock star with his 49er coverage we really should include his thoughts in this thread ...

Oboy Oboy this is going to be rich. Chip kelly eagles carrolle

Sounds like the 49ers put this one together very quickly–after they were stunned by Jackson, after Jed took a long look at Mike Shanahan (supported by 49ers alums), after Jed realized the list of candidates was disappearing into nothing…

And then Jed just made a call.

Chip Kelly. We’ll see how this works. It won’t be boring.

Kelly hire .... a formula for another coach-Baalke explosion >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2016/01/14/49ers-hire-chip-kelly/[/urltargetblank]

Timmys gonna be Timmy.

Funny tweet....

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 1h1 hour ago
The 49ers could have hired Jesus Christ and Kawakami would complain that it took him three days to rise from the dead instead of one.