Chris Collinsworth

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2bv49gfn said:
I've never really liked him but I don't HATE him. I'll take him over the Cowboy's Commentating Lovefest ant day of the week. The overly annoying amount of exCowboy commentators is getting real old.

The only exception I would add is Romos in game breakdown of the plays is the best I’ve heard. He’s got a great football mind for the TV. That cowboy homerism is annoying though.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1m5m22ir said:
"Carson just broke 1000 yards..... anyway..... back to how awesome Mahomes is!! That guy is a magician, a contortionist, I just can't believe how much I'm in love with him!!!"

I mean, c'mon, shouldn't they at least keep the topic of conversation on the players on the field? We were all laughing at how ridiculous it was, Seahawks offense on field, Chiefs defense on field, and CC STILL kept going back and gushing over his love affair with Mahomes.

I'm not a fan or critic of the guy, he's just ok to me, his voice annoys me a bit, but he's not awful. We just found that particular moment funny, they just swept Carson under the rug to get back to Mahomes.

"I know the Seahawks offense is on the field, but lets get back to showing slo-mo replays of Mahomes!!!" :34853_doh:

You do realize he's not the producer/director & just a commentator don't you. Somebody else makes the decision what replays are going to be shown & when & he needs to says something about those replays being shown.

seahawksny

Reaction score
edogg23":2ud4gill said:
Is there a non homer announcer that Seahawks fans don’t complain about?

I dont think the list is that long. Most of the complaints I see are about, buck, aikman, and collinsworth. Al Michaels, who's ego is greater than the size of Texas, I rarely hear complaints about.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":sv4au8rz said:
twisted_steel2":sv4au8rz said:
"Carson just broke 1000 yards..... anyway..... back to how awesome Mahomes is!! That guy is a magician, a contortionist, I just can't believe how much I'm in love with him!!!"

I mean, c'mon, shouldn't they at least keep the topic of conversation on the players on the field? We were all laughing at how ridiculous it was, Seahawks offense on field, Chiefs defense on field, and CC STILL kept going back and gushing over his love affair with Mahomes.

I'm not a fan or critic of the guy, he's just ok to me, his voice annoys me a bit, but he's not awful. We just found that particular moment funny, they just swept Carson under the rug to get back to Mahomes.

"I know the Seahawks offense is on the field, but lets get back to showing slo-mo replays of Mahomes!!!" :34853_doh:

You do realize he's not the producer/director & just a commentator don't you. Somebody else makes the decision what replays are going to be shown & when & he needs to says something about those replays being shown.

Not only that, I don't know if I can watch a replay of Mahomes' shortstop style TD pass enough. That was remarkable.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love CC, but he makes some stupid comments. They called a PI against KC but Doug pushed off and that wasn't called"

Absolutely idiotic statement. The Chiefs DB grabbed Doug 2 different times and Doug pushed back trying to get loose. But because CC is just like every other idiot, he had to create a penalty that "The Seahawks got away with."

I'm so sick of that story line. Some pundits act like the only reason Seattle succeeds is because of phantom missed calls.

Sometimes I wonder if this is somehow a residual of Superbowel *XL?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":38nlhyr9 said:
I love CC, but he makes some stupid comments. They called a PI against KC but Doug pushed off and that wasn't called"

Absolutely idiotic statement. The Chiefs DB grabbed Doug 2 different times and Doug pushed back trying to get loose. But because CC is just like every other idiot, he had to create a penalty that "The Seahawks got away with."

I'm so sick of that story line. Some pundits act like the only reason Seattle succeeds is because of phantom missed calls.

Sometimes I wonder if this is somehow a residual of Superbowel *XL?

He was also looking for reasons that Baldwin didn't land inbounds on his pylon catch. I get that it was close, but I think he was hoping to look smarter than the refs who, after reviewing the play, would "certainly find him OB."

He's not that bad of an announcer with Al M.

Seafan

Reaction score
My 19 year old has been complaining about him for about 5 years now. I get excited when he does our games because we are on national prime time TV. I just laugh when my boy starts his chirping on CC. There are so many CBS and Fox commentators who are far more bland or annoying.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He gets on my nerves, but he's also good at what he does. He clearly was gushing over both QB's, and for good reason. It wasn't just all on Mahomes.

OP
OP
OneLofaTatupu

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
capncrunch":18viod40 said:
Worrying too much about what broadcasters say reminds me of ten year olds complaining about their dad cheering more loudly for their sibling than them. I think CC is awesome. I am always glad when we get him. I would not mind an upgrade over Al M though.

Wasn't so much that - I wasn't referring to who he was biased toward - I was referring to the fact that he states the obvious after each play. Perhaps I just crave complexity.

OP
OP
OneLofaTatupu

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2asphibi said:
MD5eahawks":2asphibi said:
I've never really liked him but I don't HATE him. I'll take him over the Cowboy's Commentating Lovefest ant day of the week. The overly annoying amount of exCowboy commentators is getting real old.

The only exception I would add is Romos in game breakdown of the plays is the best I’ve heard. He’s got a great football mind for the TV. That cowboy homerism is annoying though.

This was more in line with what I was getting at.

Sac

Reaction score
SlickRick":mjwd5yw1 said:
He was all over patty mahomes, I thought I was listening to a chiefs broadcast at times

Weird. All I remember is him gushing over what a savage Russell is.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cris Collinsworth is the reason Bevell doesn't have a job. Cris gets to set the narrative for a play simply by virtue of being the first to comment, and a better commentator might have thought of the possibility that Pete was trying to preserve his options for a fourth down play in 49. But no, all we got was shallow "but Lynch!".

acer1240

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3jtveghi said:
Cris Collinsworth is the reason Bevell doesn't have a job.

Collinsworth is owed a debt of gratitude by Seahawk fans everywhere

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
acer1240":1nmdigfz said:
MontanaHawk05":1nmdigfz said:

JS and PC are the reason Bevell is unemployed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
acer1240":53yp5p1v said:
MontanaHawk05":53yp5p1v said:

So is Bevell. He was on our sidelines when we won 48, and for four other playoffs runs.

Perspective. That's all I'm saying.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SlickRick":3kxygv37 said:
He was all over patty mahomes, I thought I was listening to a chiefs broadcast at times

It's so odd to see this kind of stuff.............I mean, Collisworth couldn't have gushed more about Russell, he spent five minutes alone just on the throw to Lockett.

To see people drown out all the praise for Hawks and hyper focus on announcers criticism or only praising other team's players is just weird.

quadsas

Reaction score
I don't mind Collinsworth. He has always seemed favorable towards Seahawks, and not blindly hating like some other media.

My favorite is still Kevin Harlan by far. His call of Lynch's run against Oakland is chill inducing

RezHawk

Reaction score
I find CC to be one of the more listenable commentators. As far as him gushing about Mahommes, just gotta say that He is fun to watch. He made a couple of throws in last weeks game that I have never seen before in 46 years as an avid spectator so you can't blame CC for having a couple of (are you kidding Me?) moments. Best of all though was RW's rainbow to Lockett. Absolute perfection!

Latest posts