Chris Matthews Fined $11,025

Riley12

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":125meuuj said:
Largent80":125meuuj said:
All 12's going to the SB should crotch grab right at the same time.
This should absolutely be a thing.

It already is a thing. Most of the people around me in my section start grabbing their crotches when Lynch hits the endzone. So much better than throwing Skittles.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I thought I heard on Twitter someone said BJ Daniels might have been fined for shaking ML hand. I'm so confused.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":4v4vuvqu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/558433408179638274[/tweet]

If that's what he was fined for then that's ridiculous. It kinda looks almost like he put his hand down to do the crotch thing and Lynch pushes it away, but it also looks like they just kind of touch hands there. Really the NFL is just looking for any possible thing they can latch onto.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I just say Clay Matthews was fined 22,000 for the hit on Russ.
Hmmmm, crotch grab = illegal hit.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If he'd let me, I would, go to the end zone Give him a handful of skittles and grab his crotch for him on every touchdown! Good luck getting 20k$ out of me Rog you goon!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Smellyman":tdhefx0t said:
ML and CM are being juvenile and NFL is being juvenile for fining them.

They all need a timeout.

They'll be standing in the corner gigglinig "Brady has leather wallet quality balls!" snicker snicker.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
I swear to god for every touchdown ML has I'm going to be looking for the closest television camera and am going to furiously grab my crotch for all the world to see just purely on principle!!

Someone should twitter Marshawn and tell him not to worry about grabbing his crotch anymore - that the 12's will all do it in his honour when the time calls for it.

taco40

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":1dmi4ccm said:
This conference championship round was all about balls.

I think the NFL should fine the PGA for publicly washing their balls.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TerryBlountESPN/status/558430166184390656[/tweet]

SeparateJauntyChafer.gif

dunceface

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1qu0dr4n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TerryBlountESPN/status/558430166184390656[/tweet]

SeparateJauntyChafer.gif

Wowwww If that's what this is about the NFL is on some bullshit right now
no wonder Lynch says he was embarrassed to work for them in that tweet

#CROTCHGATE

crosfam

Reaction score
Wonder if the team will pass the hat to offset these fines...

Magic823

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3e0oko9y said:
It's saying something when the league can fine Matthews and Lynch for crotch-grabs, but has had no contact with Brady or Belichick 3 days since their last game concerning the deflated balls.

I wonder of the NFL was waiting for BB & Brady to lie their faces off in the press conference. Remember the cover-up is generally worse than the crime. Just ask Nixon.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I have watched the replay and I didn't see Matthews grab his crotch at any point. The handshake with Marshawn was low, so they probably mistook that for a crotch grab. Matthews should win his appeal if it is adjudicated by a fair and impartial person.

My question is why is Goodell interpreting the "crotch grab" as unsportsmanlike to begin with? The rules specifically prohibit "prolonged gyrations" (which are never flagged or fined) and "sexually-suggestive gestures," but say nothing specific about a Michael Jackson-esque crotch grab move. In fact, Lynch has now done this twice on TD runs but has yet to be flagged for it. So why is he being fined tens of thousands of dollars?

This is opening up a pandora's box of ex post facto judgments about what and what is not sexually suggestive. He didn't do a jack off gesture or expose himself. And I would argue that the crotch grab has transcended the sexual by becoming part of the popular culture, like Elvis Presley's gyrations in the 1950s.

Why wasn't Clay Matthews fined for this? Is it because Marshawn is extra sexual?
tumblr_mg6owbuNe21r8k5h5o1_400.gif

HawkerD

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2mlaaqan said:
Does the NFL understand that levying these fines is only bringing more attention to it?

This "gesture" was previously something only a small subset of fans even noticed. Now people are writing articles about, and it's getting TV coverage. Such narrow-minded thinking.
It's called creating a brand. Do you really think ML has a phobia about speaking to the media? What started out as just being pissed off at the media for the crap about the DUI, has turned into his Brand. He gets a lot more press not saying anything than he would regurgitating the crap no one really cares about. Crotch grabbing gets him millions of hits that furthers his brand, easily worth the thousands it costs him. ML is way smarter than most give him credit for and he is setting himself up for when he leaves the game. That's what I think. And I am totally ok with it all. ML is protecting his business and the NFL is protecting theirs. There all big boys and can make their own decisions

djb28

Reaction score
kidhawk":3vkuuxyb said:
Anyone wanna put odds on Katy Perry doing a crotch grab at some point during halftime? I just did a quick google search, and it seems to be something she does often.

katy_petty_getty90713430.jpg

I hope she grabs it. my searches of her are usually a little different. :3:

Everyone grab your crotch, take a selfie and post it to NFL Network on Face book!