Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Peterson being Hawkins offensive coordinator was a big reason for his success at Boise State.

Koetter didn't have near his level of success at Boise State so I am not sure they are comparable.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Do not bring their OC Prince...From reading their message board on scout their fans don't think too highly of him..

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Great hire. Congrats to the Dawgs. The guy is a great strategist.

Subzero717

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2k7jq3ey said:
Do not bring their OC Prince...From reading their message board on scout their fans don't think too highly of him..

Team message boards are the worst place to get a valuable impression of reality. I use .net as exhibit A.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1ri1h22b said:

Everyone at my work is scared they will promote him to HC now. I am too.

Here's a story for you. I went to Cabo San Lucas a few years ago and was staying at this resort. The wife and I were sitting in a hot tub and an older couple joined us. The guy starts talking to me and asks where we're from and we say Boise. He says he's a CBS radio guy in Vegas and he really likes BSU and then he tells me he used to play for Oregon State and he was on the only Beaver team to beat USC & OJ Simpson. Then he says he's a booster and he gets to help OSU interview coaches. Back when OSU resigned Reilly, they interviewed Hawkins. He said Hawkins was a terrible interview and all Hawkins kept talking about was his OC Petersen. Petersen was the guy that made his offense run.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1kkwpd78 said:
dopeboy206":1kkwpd78 said:

Here's a story for you. I went to Cabo San Lucas a few years ago and was staying at this resort. The wife and I were sitting in a hot tub and an older couple joined us. The guy starts talking to me and asks where we're from and we say Boise. He says he's a CBS radio guy in Vegas and he really likes BSU and then he tells me he used to play for Oregon State and he was on the only Beaver team to beat USC & OJ Simpson. Then he says he's a booster and he gets to help OSU interview coaches. Back when OSU resigned Reilly, they interviewed Hawkins. He said Hawkins was a terrible interview and all Hawkins kept talking about was his OC Petersen. Petersen was the guy that made his offense run.

Just curious whats wrong with Prince?

rottweiler

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3gortlda said:
Why bump? With this awesome hire this thread was going to bump itself

As a courtesy, because I had just made another post on my old thread with the poll, and didn't want it to be at the top of the board consequently.

Old-school Internet etiquette, really.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
rottweiler":32qhtcq1 said:
dopeboy206":32qhtcq1 said:
Why bump? With this awesome hire this thread was going to bump itself

As a courtesy, because I had just made another post on my old thread with the poll, and didn't want it to be at the top of the board consequently.

Old-school Internet etiquette, really.

Oh word. I can dig it

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1d9a6ha5 said:
EverydayImRusselin":1d9a6ha5 said:
dopeboy206":1d9a6ha5 said:

Just curious whats wrong with Prince?

He's been the playcaller here for the last two years and he's wildly predictable. Watching the games you can guess exactly what play he's going to call probably 50% of the time. He doesn't ever seem to learn or adapt anything. Maybe given time he could improve but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me excited.

I'll add, I grew up a Husky (lived in kent until I was 21) then I moved to Boise to go to BSU and have stayed here. I'm a fan of both teams. But if prince goes to UW, that's not good. I'd prefer Pete called his own plays at UW. It makes a huge difference.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Thanks, Haden!

Love the hire. I didn't think Mora was the right guy (as I said before he extended with UCLA). Unbelievable how this all worked out. I'm pumped.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":5iaapaj0 said:
I really thought Mora would be the guy.

He could have been, his success so fast at UCLA and the lambasting he got for his tenure as the Seahawks head coach probably soured things a bit here. Not so much his allegiance to the Huskies, but it's all of us fans. He's a Mora and they seem to hold onto things a while.

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing that seems high in Petersons desires is being able to be low key and out of the spotlight, this is a perfect place for that. James was the Dawgfather but talk about being able to stay on the fringes of media access he was great at it, closed practices and total football focus. Not sure is Peterson will go to that degree after the Sark opened everything up era but it's easy to be un noticed here. Especially with the Seahawks in the limelight now.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well...crap. Looks like Husky fans are going to have a lot to enjoy over the next few years.

drrew

Reaction score
Steve Sarkisian is now the only coach in the entire Pac 12 to have never won 9 games in a single season.