Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Good hire. If I were a Husky fan he would have been my first choice.

I wonder if Wilcox gets the head coaching gig at Boise St now?

purpleworld

Reaction score
So happy about this hire....a perfect ending to come up with a coach who can take us to the 'next' level!!! The Huskies are better today than they were a week ago..... :)

Subzero717

Reaction score
Just read that it was a done deal last night but Peterson asked to speak to his team this morning before it was announced. What a drastic difference already.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1mvj4r8g said:
Just read that it was a done deal last night but Peterson asked to speak to his team this morning before it was announced. What a drastic difference already.

Last night? I thought news broke out this morning? Are u thinking he might change his mind?

Subzero717

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1yed9ac6 said:
CALIHAWK1":1yed9ac6 said:

Last night? I thought news broke out this morning? Are u thinking he might change his mind?

That's my point he agreed to this last night but didn't want his players at Boise finding out on ESPN the way thst UW players found out Sark was. Then Sark says he didn't interview. Blah blah blah. The way Peterson handled it with BSU and UW was 100% better than SC and Sark handled theirs.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":15l7cr3u said:
dopeboy206":15l7cr3u said:
CALIHAWK1":15l7cr3u said:

That's my point he agreed to this last night but didn't want his players at Boise finding out on ESPN the way thst UW players found out Sark was. Then Sark says he didn't interview. Blah blah blah. The way Peterson handled it with BSU and UW was 100% better than SC and Sark handled theirs.

The more and more I read about Petersen the more I respect the guy. The man is all class.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I LOVE this move! Well done UW and Chris Petersen.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Love the hire - great coach. Not as great of a recruiter but if he can keep some of the current asst. staff, they are known as really good recruiters and can help the process. The Huskies just got significantly better without firing a sitting coach. Thank you USC!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":30tvnajo said:
Love the hire - great coach. Not as great of a recruiter but if he can keep some of the current asst. staff, they are known as really good recruiters and can help the process. The Huskies just got significantly better without firing a sitting coach. Thank you USC!!

It will definitely be interesting to see how he does in recruiting. At Boise State he got a lot of under the radar type guys. At UW he'll be going up against all the other pac 12 schools for most recruits. He's not the most charismatic guy in the world but he has an excellent track record and his wins and losses speak for themselves.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2a2w3kfs said:
Spleenhawk2.0":2a2w3kfs said:

It will definitely be interesting to see how he does in recruiting. At Boise State he got a lot of under the radar type guys. At UW he'll be going up against all the other pac 12 schools for most recruits. He's not the most charismatic guy in the world but he has an excellent track record and his wins and losses speak for themselves.
I am VERY interested to see the impact on recruiting. Sark relied on Charisma and persistence, Petersen can rely on track record and "name". But I believe that with the same talent on the team, Petersen's coaching alone will help the Huskies win one or two more games. Reminds me of the 49ers hire of Harbaugh. Good talent with questionable coaching...immediate upgrade

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There are more Boise State alums in the NFL than UW alums (also more than Arizona, ASU, Oregon State, WSU).

He's either recruiting top-end talent or developing it in-house. Either way, he knows how to put good players on the field. Being in Seattle with a sparkling new facility is only going to help. He had to convince kids to play on blue turf in Boise, Idaho before this.

Chapow

Reaction score
HOLY BALLS BATMAN!!!

92 - 12 !!!

I'm soooo damn stoked right now. This is the best case scenario IMO.

So, I'm curious, since UW got the guy that USC wanted but couldn't get, what does that do for UW's supposed status as a "stepping stone program" ?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Big news for UW, I hope they can keep up recruiting wise with USC/UCLA/Oregon and such.

As a fan of BSU and UW, this is pretty cool. It sucks a little for BSU but not as much as people think as long as BSU gets another good upcoming coach on the rise and honestly it was time for him to move on to better things. Great coach but he obviously wanted a new challenge/opportunity to turn a program around.

I'd be cool with Brent Pease coming back to BSU actually.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":300qk2d3 said:
There are more Boise State alums in the NFL than UW alums (also more than Arizona, ASU, Oregon State, WSU).

He's either recruiting top-end talent or developing it in-house. Either way, he knows how to put good players on the field. Being in Seattle with a sparkling new facility is only going to help. He had to convince kids to play on blue turf in Boise, Idaho before this.

He developed all of them. This is probably the best class BSU ever had. Not exactly a bunch of blue chippers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... class/2013

Side note: Cody Pickett's dad just came by my work. Didn't realize until it was too late.

jeremiah

Reaction score
This news is great, I would have loved if the Husky nation had chased Sark out for an upgrade. Sarkisian has taken this team as far as he was going to. I can't put my finger on it, but he just doesn't have IT. IMO, Chris Petersen does and in spades.

With that said, how long will we have to wait for Lorenzo Romar to be retired from UW? He obviously can recruit many talented players, but he always comes up short. Either we want to compete for national championships, or are happy with making the field of 64 3-5 times every ten years going forward.

Mariners are finally moving forward, isn't it time for the B-ballers to do so also?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Love it, MUCH better coach, recruiter, etc. than Sark. Good riddance Sark.