Christine Michael

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":34m70xyq said:
Marvin49 .... your hopeless. You can't help yourself from injecting 49er subjects into as many seahawks.net threads as possible. SMH

uh...I didn't do it. I was reponding to OTHERS who had already done so and drew direct correlations to the players I mentioned.

I was also saying that I think Christine Michaels lack of playing time has more to do with the players ahead of him than his own ability.

Don't be so sensitive.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":25n86eos said:
Jville":25n86eos said:
Marvin49 .... your hopeless. You can't help yourself from injecting 49er subjects into as many seahawks.net threads as possible. SMH

uh...I didn't do it. I was reponding to OTHERS who had already done so and drew direct correlations to the players I mentioned.

I was also saying that I think Christine Michaels lack of playing time has more to do with the players ahead of him than his own ability.

Don't be so sensitive.

LOL ....... carry on ........ hopefully this tread will not end up a flaming exercise.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3lbca2gw said:
Sgt. Largent":3lbca2gw said:
ImTheScientist":3lbca2gw said:
Oh, ya...that MUST be why people are down on him. It has nothing to do with the ability of Christine Michael (which people want to see more of) and all about the fact he plays behind Lynch. Nothing to do with the fact that he gets ankle tackled and is averaging 3.6 ypc.

I get it, you don't like Turbin. Just saying his body of work isn't complete enough to write the guy off as a failure in the NFL.

btw, you keep repeating his 3.6 ypc THIS year, but he averaged 4.4 ypc last year, and over 6 ypc in college. So to tell me a guy who only plays a handful of snaps per game behind a future HOF running back isn't good is a shortsighted opinion.

70 carries is more than a handful. The inability to take the homer blinders off is a failure on your part. I think Michael is a star waiting in the wings......he plays behind that same future HOFer you reference.

Oh geez. 70 carries is barely 3-4 games for a feature back and Turbin doesn't get the opportunity to build any rhythm throughout a game. Doug Martin averaged 3.6 ypc through six games (127 carries) this year. I doubt Tampa wants to cut him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ll6vjbx said:
ImTheScientist":1ll6vjbx said:
Sgt. Largent":1ll6vjbx said:
ImTheScientist":1ll6vjbx said:
Oh, ya...that MUST be why people are down on him. It has nothing to do with the ability of Christine Michael (which people want to see more of) and all about the fact he plays behind Lynch. Nothing to do with the fact that he gets ankle tackled and is averaging 3.6 ypc.

I get it, you don't like Turbin. Just saying his body of work isn't complete enough to write the guy off as a failure in the NFL.

btw, you keep repeating his 3.6 ypc THIS year, but he averaged 4.4 ypc last year, and over 6 ypc in college. So to tell me a guy who only plays a handful of snaps per game behind a future HOF running back isn't good is a shortsighted opinion.

70 carries is more than a handful. The inability to take the homer blinders off is a failure on your part. I think Michael is a star waiting in the wings......he plays behind that same future HOFer you reference.

Oh geez. 70 carries is barely 3-4 games for a feature back and Turbin doesn't get the opportunity to build any rhythm throughout a game. Doug Martin averaged 3.6 ypc through six games (127 carries) this year. I doubt Tampa wants to cut him.

3.6 is not good. If he continued to do that there would be issues. Don't act like 70 carries isn't a significant sample size. You and others can continue to make excuses for Turbins poor play. I choose not to. I would prefer Cmike.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The pick looks like a total bust right now.

Undeniable talent. But you dont usually draft RB's for the future. And Marshawn isn't going anywhere for a year or two at least.

I still think they wanted Vance McDonald badly and moved down when the 49ers traded up and snatched him away.

Hard not to look at Keenan Allen right now with envy. Or Jordan Reed.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1kttpi83 said:
I still think they wanted Vance McDonald badly and moved down when the 49ers traded up and snatched him away.

What? They traded back before the 49ers even announced their pick, and they've stated clearly that Willson was the guy they had their eyes on the whole time. He was their RW/Irvin "can't leave the draft without him" guy. Pete even described the way they put value on Willson before the draft.

They never had any interest in McDonald.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2v9eh3mt said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDzgnn_KaA

Thats special. All it took was a few limited carries to see that much.

Have highlights of him picking up the blitz? It's not just about who is the better runner to Pete and Co.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2ib91oib said:

Undeniable talent. But you dont usually draft RB's for the future. And Marshawn isn't going anywhere for a year or two at least.

I typically reserve judgement on draft classes for 2-3 years.

Basis4day

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":35lhxs31 said:

The term "Bust" gets thrown around way too much here. Okung was a bust, Irvin was a bust, Tate was a bust, now Michael is a bust?
You're really calling a guy a bust for not getting on the field more in place of Marshawn Lynch in his rookie year? You know what i learned? Wait until at least the end of a guy's rookie year to call someone a bust.

People even call Sweezy a bust. How can a late round pick who becomes a starter be called a bust?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Basis4day":n8iktt2v said:
ImTheScientist":n8iktt2v said:

Have highlights of him picking up the blitz? It's not just about who is the better runner to Pete and Co.

Im not aware of anyone on youtube making highlights of blitz pickups.

I don't mind being one of the lone C-Mike supporters. As one of the original Wilson supporters I know how it works and that turned out great. Eventually you will all be hangin Cmike's mike n ikes the way you do Turbins. Then these threads get deleted and everyone forgets. Percy gets the same treatment. :141847_bnono: :34853_doh:

Basis4day

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1hq4g9rn said:
Basis4day":1hq4g9rn said:
ImTheScientist":1hq4g9rn said:

Im not aware of anyone on youtube making highlights of blitz pickups.

I don't mind being one of the lone C-Mike supporters. As one of the original Wilson supporters I know how it works and that turned out great. Eventually you will all be hangin Cmike's mike n ikes the way you do Turbins. Then these threads get deleted and everyone forgets. Percy gets the same treatment. :141847_bnono: :34853_doh:

I don't doubt you'll eventually be correct. What i am saying is i trust Pete's decision's in regards to his playing time this year.

hawk45

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":32icr1gl said:

I am generally quick on the trigger with the bust label, such as in the case with Curry, but when the player in question isn't making a mint and hasn't yet gotten on the field to show he's a verifiable dud, I can't see it yet. For a RB, I'd rather have a guy who shows nice flashes at the primary job requirement (running), and perhaps is less solid at other more coachable aspects (blitz pickup, fumbles, whatever it is that's keeping him off the field).

SA I think is a good example here. Sat for a while behind a veteran who was still performing, never did get very good at blitz pickup, but was very effective for a long time for the team.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Turbin definitely hits the hole hard, but is about elusive as a 49ers fan with any sense of humility.

IMO, CMike is definitely our #1 once Beast moves on. With how electric he is as a runner, he must just be HORRIFIC at pass blocking. With RW's health meaning pretty much everything for us, we can't be jeopardizing that with having holograms as pass blockers. Turbin can stay on in a similar capable backup role that he has now, I just don't see him with #1 back ability